OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 13:49

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Outdoor TT tables
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2008, 16:32 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Anyone tried any of the outdoor table tennis tables? I'd like to know how durable they really are and how good (or probably more like how bad) the bounce of the ball is...

Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2008, 16:46 

we used to play on those polished concrete table tennis table .. the net is metal fence. yes.. they are very durable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2008, 17:55 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Yes I've seen those, they'll last forever... but a bit inpractical for the home :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm wondering about the ones you can buy, with either laminate or aluminium tops....

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2008, 18:02 
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
Hi haggisv,
We have two at the college. I will have to look at the brand next time I play. Maybe Monday.
They are very nice tables with a very nice bounce. They are also very durable as they have been in use for 6 years that I know of. They will fold up but are left up all the time. These have a blue top and the finish has not got a shine like some tables I have seen. These appear to have a metal sheet on the top and bottom with some wood or fiberboard inbetween. :D

Backhand, Sriver FX Max

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2008, 21:00 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Has anyone treated/finished an indoor table to be usable outdoors? I think this would be ok if not left out all the time, but just when in use, wouldn't it?

I would have thought a UV proof lacquer would do it if coated top and bottom of the mdf, so long as its not outside all the time in extreme weathers. Anyone agree or disagree?

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject: Re: Outdoor TT tables
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2008, 03:35 
Super User

haggisv wrote:
Anyone tried any of the outdoor table tennis tables? I'd like to know how durable they really are and how good (or probably more like how bad) the bounce of the ball is...

Cheers!

In our recreation Center up here in the lofty mountains of Colorado we have two tables: A good quality DHS indoor table and an equally good quality Kettler outdoor table (aluminum).

The DHS table is certainly our most used table (we only have about three or four people who show up regularly so we rarely need to break both tables out anyway), but the Kettler table is also pretty good. I haven't actually taken a ruler to measure the bounce characteristics of one table versus the other but what I can tell you is that the bounce is a little bit more true on the wooden indoor table. I guess it just seems that the bounce is a little bit 'softer' and 'grippier'.

However, with that said I can play on both tables equally well (a.k.a. badly) and would be happy with either one.

Let me know if I can answer any specific questions in comparing these tables.

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2008, 05:04 

Sorry,
I forgot about this thread.
They are Kettler tables. I have to say they are among the toughest tables I have seen. Our club has replaced the nets which were junk but I don't know if the nets came with the tables or not.
The only repair has been to an aluminum strip that came loose at one end of the table. New screws fixed that. The tables are left up most of the time so I cannot tell you how they would do if put up frequently.
:D :D :D

Backhand, Sriver FX Max

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2008, 08:08 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Thanks guys!

Yes I hear they are often particle board with aluminium sheets on either side. Some are laminates as well. I was curious is the bounce was still ok...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2008, 11:23 

The bounce on these is very good. No tinny sound either. I was surprized when I found out they were not regular wood. :D

Backhand, Sriver FX Max