OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 17:52

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2022, 00:31 

So what do you think, under the same lighting. On this blade, beside my LP being too small. Do you think any competition umpires will claim this red is not red enough? of the wood patterns are too disturbing and will ban me from using it in competition?

Attachments:
IMG_0968.jpg
IMG_0968.jpg [ 1005.7 KiB | Viewed 1242 times ]
IMG_0969.jpg
IMG_0969.jpg [ 924.63 KiB | Viewed 1242 times ]

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2022, 11:39 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Some umpire won't give it second thought, some could pick up on it. I think it would be a bit rough if they do pick on it, as usually the venues are not up to competition standard either, but they're only doing their job as they see best.
If you do wish to play a tournament or competition, it would be wise to show your bat to an umpire or referee well before you start... so you still have an opportunity to do something about it.

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2022, 15:13 

haggisv wrote:
Some umpire won't give it second thought, some could pick up on it. I think it would be a bit rough if they do pick on it, as usually the venues are not up to competition standard either, but they're only doing their job as they see best.
If you do wish to play a tournament or competition, it would be wise to show your bat to an umpire or referee well before you start... so you still have an opportunity to do something about it.

Point taken. if I decide to keep using this blade, I may go for acid green, at least that is usually quite opaque. And black inverted is spinnier. But acid green is like shouting out, this side is LP, be careful :envy:

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2022, 15:15 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Matsushita Pro
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Dawei 388D-1
I realise that this is a zombie thread, awakened by spammers initially, but it seems to have revived a genuine issue.

I have never had this issue myself, but I wonder whether it might be possible to mix some red dye (food dye or other) into the glue, which when applied to the bat or rubber, would obviate the problem. On the bat, it would have no - not even theoretical - effect on the rubber, so should be perfectly legal, but may leave a red stain on the wood. On the rubber, there should be no stain, but it may be regarded as "treating" the rubber.

As I say, I have never tried this, so it's a thought experiment. It's very possible it won't even work.

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2022, 20:23 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

MIND THE STANDARDS.

ITTF have now instructed all Umpires about the possible combinations of dark-coloured paddle and the translusent rubbers other than black. Those combinations should not be admitted for play, as failing to meet the brightness standard.

Be happy.

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2022, 01:07 

From what I see in photos, all Acid green OX LP are not translucent, can someone who has seen it in person confirm that?

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2022, 22:30 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
I've seen the Grass D Tec S in green and I doubt that anything on the blade would affect it.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2022, 23:11 
Super User

Blade: D. M. S. The Wall Def-
FH: S&T Secret Flow Chop
BH: Spectre OX
I own a green Grass Dtecs, no problem with the dark blade.

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2022, 00:28 

FH: Butterfly Dignics 09C Max
BH: DMS Sabotage .5 Black
Maybe mix some red food coloring in the glue? It might stain the wood a little but should reduce the visibility of the grain beneath it.

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2022, 14:51 

ThreeDMan wrote:
Maybe mix some red food coloring in the glue? It might stain the wood a little but should reduce the visibility of the grain beneath it.

Food coloring, brilliant. I will try it, and post some photos. thanks!

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2022, 01:34 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Matsushita Pro
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Dawei 388D-1
Ahem...
darucla wrote:
I realise that this is a zombie thread, awakened by spammers initially, but it seems to have revived a genuine issue.

I have never had this issue myself, but I wonder whether it might be possible to mix some red dye (food dye or other) into the glue, which when applied to the bat or rubber, would obviate the problem. On the bat, it would have no - not even theoretical - effect on the rubber, so should be perfectly legal, but may leave a red stain on the wood. On the rubber, there should be no stain, but it may be regarded as "treating" the rubber.

As I say, I have never tried this, so it's a thought experiment. It's very possible it won't even work.

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2022, 03:03 

FH: Butterfly Dignics 09C Max
BH: DMS Sabotage .5 Black
I plead ignorance, or maybe simultaneous discovery.

I do admit to not reading your entire post so didn't see that you had suggested this before I did.

I agree it's a great idea though.

:?:

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2022, 17:57 

Guys, I thank everyone who suggested this. I will find test it soon. Let me first find out how much glue I can use before Grass Dtecs becomes more than 2.0mm, then I will add some dye. I can tell you I put on some white paint on Stiga OC before, that worked. But apparantly, that is no longer legal. Maybe food coloring mixed with the glue will be, it is not a "paint" or extra coating on the blade, but I need to first sure it will not be over 2.0mm. I just bought a thickness gauge. So I will know for sure

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!