OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 22:27

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2022, 10:03 

What would you use as a 1200 level US player?
An offensive, spin-oriented, attacking player.

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2022, 12:32 
Super User

Blade: Nittaku: Shake Defense
FH: Andro: Rasanter R48 1.7mm
BH: Spinlord: Leviathan 1A ox
FrenchFrog wrote:
What would you use as a 1200 level US player?
An offensive, spin-oriented, attacking player.

For a blade you could try any generic 5 ply all wood blade like a Butterfly Petr Korbel or a Primorac. And for a rubber you could also try any generic modern tensors like Razka 7. Really there are so many options available it just depends on how much money you want to spend. I wouldn't worry too much about different equipment at a 1200 level but would more focus or training and skill development.

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2023, 10:27 
Call me Shrek!
Call me Shrek!

Blade: Dr Neubauer High Tec Plus
FH: Hurricane 3 Neo
BH: Tibhar Hybrid K3
100% agree with Rob M's recommendation on blades and Rakza 7. Such a great all round attacking rubber, at all but the top levels

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2023, 21:19 
Super User

Blade: D. M. S. The Wall Def-
FH: S&T Secret Flow Chop
BH: Spectre OX
Stiga All Round Classic & Rozena both sides.

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2023, 05:31 

Blade: BBC All Around
FH: Gambler Volt-T
BH: Gambler Volt-M
Agree with Rob M

When I was training regularly I asked my coach would a different paddle improve or hinder my development as a player.

The answer was "no".
At the time I was using a Dawei all+ blade and entry level Gambler rubber.

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2023, 16:49 
Super User

I'd highly recommend the Tibhar Status Powerwood.. Its similar in composition to the Butterfly Korbel, but a bit thicker.. To me, it feels a bit crisper, and a notch faster (without compromising on control) compared to the Korbel. It also has a slightly bigger, and more comfortable handle. The head size is a bit larger, but I feel that's an advantage. It stiffer than the Korbel, but also soft, which per me, makes it good for looping, and flat hits too.. Its also a bit cheaper than the Korbel.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2023, 12:57 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Victas VS401
BH: Victas Triple Regular
As roughly the same level player with a similar style I'd say the above recommendations are spot on.

Although I've not used the slowest of slow or the fastest of fast I've used everything in between. Each piece of equipment I've used I've beaten better players than myself and also lost to worse players. I'm not an equipment junkie but every time I get new rubbers, about once a year I get something different. I also have tried a few blades and also have a hit of every combination that comes though our club.

In the end, simply go for a 5ply allwood blade in the the ALL+ to OFF- range, put a couple of medium hard tensors in the 2.0 to 2.2mm range and it will be a good setup.

Rakza 7, Baracuda, Tibhar Aurus, Hexer, Victas V01, the list goes on. I think a hardness on the tensor scale of 42 to 47 degrees is about right. Others might prefer something either side but the reality is the results are likely be the same.

Don't get bogged down too much with it all, get a nice bat and enjoy.

By the way, as a sidenote this coming season I'm using a $8 chinese blade with some Tibhar Hybrid. Already played some practice matches and results are the same. The key is the blade is not a really bouncy rocket, nor is it dead, its just in the middle like the others.

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2023, 01:42 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei Fextra 7
FH: PALIO AK47 Red
BH: Dr. Neubauer K.O. Pro 1.5
I think that general consensus in the place where I play that playing style is more important then level for the equipment choice. I do not believe that slower equipment can improve your rate of errors enough to overcome the lesser offensive power to improve the current playing level. Unless your have a permanent couch that tells you otherwise (then listen him not us).

If you are spin oriented player it is worse to play modern spiny rubbers. If you are offensive player then you may want to play with modern trend of offensive blades: ALC(ZLC/KLC) composite ones. Only if you feel that you have to limit your body power for controlling too fast setup then you should think about slowing rubber (only on the problem side of the racket).

The only case when you may want to play more modest equipment is if you are one of the weakest players in your club and nobody want to play with you because of it. Training drills with a relatively terrible player is pain.

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2023, 22:55 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

My vote for the blade is the Sanwei M8. It's one of those All+/Off- five ply all wood blades, but it's on the light side (72 to 80g) and has excellent feel. The handle is a little narrow, just right for me, but I figure if you need a fatter grip just add grip tape. The fact that you can get them for under USD8 including shipping is incidental.

Rubber? I think anything from Chinese $5 sheets to Tenergy or Dignics will work. Try them all like I have..
:lol:

Iskandar