OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 07:19

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2023, 03:59 

I like the concept of a softer tacky rubber. Has anyone used it? I'm curious how BlueGrip S2 plays.

Thanks!

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2023, 13:22 

Well, I tried the Donic BlueGrip S2 for about an hour. The rubber isn't very tacky, just slightly tacky. Not an incredibly fast rubber.
The search continues for a fh rubber that is very spinny, decent speed, and great control.
Does such a rubber exist?

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2023, 14:50 

FrenchFrog wrote:
The search continues for a fh rubber that is very spinny, decent speed, and great control.

Boosted H3 ;)

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2023, 15:30 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei F3 Pro (=TB ALC)
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Hellfire X/Dtecs ox
FrenchFrog wrote:
Well, I tried the Donic BlueGrip S2 for about an hour. The rubber isn't very tacky, just slightly tacky. Not an incredibly fast rubber.

I have played recently with Joola Golden Tango PS and it might be close of what you are looking for. Not sure, if speed is enough for you. 8) I have not played Donic BlueGrip S2, but Joola GTPS should be tackier, harder and faster.

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2023, 16:19 
Super User

Blade: Nittaku: Shake Defense
FH: Andro: Rasanter R48 1.7
BH: Spinlord: Leviathan 1A ox
FrenchFrog wrote:

If you truly want a FH rubber that is very spinny with decent speed and great control then try good old Tenergy 05. If you want a semi tacky rubber with the same attributes you could try Dignics 09C or Razka Z. Tenergy 05 has the highest arc and is easiest for FH to FH rallies. The throw on both dignics 09c and Razka Z are longer and lower then Tenergy 05.

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2023, 02:04 

Blade: Wakkibat Poc-Rocket 10
FH: Focus III Snipe 2.2mm
BH: Xiom Vega Europe 2mm
FrenchFrog wrote:

Rxton 3 with Blue topsheet is pretty good. Very tacky, very hard topsheet and hard sponge but still has a bit of catapult to it, the sponge isnt dead like a H3 or Battle 2... it's far more lively and is noticeable for having great speed, great topspin kick off the table, and because the topsheet and sponge are so hard, it's impossible to bottom out... you hit harder, it goes faster!!

It works best on a stiffer / harder blade... It especially loves a super hard outer like Walnut. On my all wood Queensland Walnut model 5 ply, it just goes like the clappers!!

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2023, 10:53 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
FrenchFrog wrote:
The search continues for a fh rubber that is very spinny, decent speed, and great control.Does such a rubber exist?

That's always what I'm looking for too. I've tried many, I always seem to come back to Victas 401, which works best for me... I find it the spinniest for slow high-loops and pushes.

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2023, 19:53 
Super User

Blade: D. M. S. The Wall Def-
FH: S&T Secret Flow Chop
BH: Spectre OX
haggisv wrote:
FrenchFrog wrote:
The search continues for a fh rubber that is very spinny, decent speed, and great control.Does such a rubber exist?

That's always what I'm looking for too. I've tried many, I always seem to come back to Victas 401, which works best for me... I find it the spinniest for slow high-loops and pushes.

Interesting, haggisv what about the durability, same league like Tenergy or Fastarc G-1?

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2023, 02:12 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

For what it's worth, I ordered and received a sheet of Bluegrip C2 (not S2). Still haven't tried it yet. Let's see if the advertising hype is real. :lol: (Not holding my breath..)

And for what it's worth - I've been playing with the same sheet of Rakza Z for at least the last 6 months. This is the first rubber I've ever had that's remained tacky - tacky enough to pick the ball off the palm of my hand AND HOLD IT INDEFINITELY, not just for a few seconds - for more than two weeks to a month. Whatever ESN did to the topsheet - it's not the usual Chinese trick of a layer of glue, which wears off.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2023, 17:20 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I bought the Bluegrip C2 some time back but just mounted it on a blade last week.

It's NOT what I thought it was. It's NOT a tacky rubber, nothing at all like Rakza Z. I find I'm having to modify my strokes somewhat. If I had to buy another sheet I'd probably go back to Rakza Z (unless I find something else that's tacky that sounds intriguing).

Iskandar