OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 15:37

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Which one do I buy?
PostPosted: 17 Mar 2023, 07:08 
Super User

Blade: Matador Texa Carbon
FH: Gewo Proton Neo 450
BH: Desperado Reloaded OX
Hello, I intend to buy a new Ox long pips and I am very undecided on which one will work best for me. Actually I don't need it but I want to try something new, maybe I'm missing something. I have played with several pips and my favorite is Spinlord Dornenglanz OX followed by Globe 979.
My playstyle (very poor) can be seen here from 4:20, where my matches are (I'm Juan Antonio Conde):

or also in this other one from minute 1:43

Basically I try to be aggressive with the returns locking the opponent in his backhand to avoid his FH, take advantage of the backspin balls to attack with my pips or high balls to do it with FH.
In these videos I play a JOOLA Chen Weixing CWX blade (old model), Dornenglanz OX and Hurrican Neo 3. I am currently testing balsa woods such as Giant Dragon Super Balsa II Off+ and Dr. Neubaber Bulldozer. The Hurricane Neo 3 rubber has peeled off so I am using Hurricane 8, Hurricane 8/80, Hurricane Neo 2 and Tenergy 64fx. I am also thinking of buying a Dr. Neubauer Matador (so many models, not sure which one is best for me).

The pips I'm undecided with are (all ox and not black):
HELLFIRE X (what about the old model?)
DESPERADO RELOADED (what about the old models)
TROUBLE MAKER
MONSTER CLASSIC
VIPER
VIPER SOFT
OTHER SUGGESTIONS

Thank you very much.

Last edited by loboestep on 18 Mar 2023, 16:31, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Which one do I buy?
PostPosted: 17 Mar 2023, 14:30 
My Precious

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Joola Golden Tango
BH: Tibhar Dtecs OX
"loboestep", I've tried all of those LP OX & now use Tibhar Grass D.TecS in either Red or Green |( which I find just a little bit slower than the Red which gives me a bit more control & spin reversal :up: :clap:
On a TSP Trinity Carbon Balsa Blade :rock:

See the ball, be the ball...

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2023, 16:39 
Super User

Gollum wrote:
"loboestep", I've tried all of those LP OX & now use Tibhar Grass D.TecS in either Red or Green |( which I find just a little bit slower than the Red which gives me a bit more control & spin reversal :up: :clap:

I have it in red but I find it harder to use than Dornenglanz. Mine is a very little sheet (gifted by the sports director of the club, who has a lot of material from players who stop playing or change material, and leave it to him) so I only can use it in the cropped Giant Dragon Super Balsa II Off+, maybe to fast. I find difficult to attack balls with Grass, but i'm still training with it. Thank you.

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2023, 18:06 
Super User

Blade: Nittaku: Shake Defense
FH: Andro: Rasanter R48 1.7
BH: Spinlord: Leviathan 1A ox
loboestep wrote:
Gollum wrote:

I have it in red but I find it harder to use than Dornenglanz. Mine is a very little sheet (gifted by the sports director of the club, who has a lot of material from players who stop playing or change material, and leave it to him) so I only can use it in the cropped Giant Dragon Super Balsa II Off+, maybe to fast. I find difficult to attack balls with Grass, but i'm still training with it. Thank you.

The active BH roll / topspin you are performing on your long pimples is going to be much easier to do with Dornenglaz as compared to D'Tecs. Dornenglanz is much better suited to an active all round game then D'Tecs due to its slightly tacky pips. Active shots are hard to play with D'Tecs due to its lower grip. As a general rule i recommend Dornenglanz for a active all round game and D'Tecs for a more passive blocking game.

The best long pimple I have every tried for an active all round game is Leviathan 1a made by spinlord. It is very similar to Dornenglanz but the pimples are firmer and larger making it easier to hit with but still retaining that dornenglaz feel, reversal and effect. Its slowly being phased out as it durability is poor but HaggisV ordered me some in from spinlord last month. It plays better then similar new models pips like hellfire x and virus 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pipm6DJN3C0

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2023, 19:13 
Super User

Rob M wrote:
loboestep wrote:
Gollum wrote:

The active BH roll / topspin you are performing on your long pimples is going to be much easier to do with Dornenglaz as compared to D'Tecs. Dornenglanz is much better suited to an active all round game then D'Tecs due to its slightly tacky pips. Active shots are hard to play with D'Tecs due to its lower grip. As a general rule i recommend Dornenglanz for a active all round game and D'Tecs for a more passive blocking game.

The best long pimple I have every tried for an active all round game is Leviathan 1a made by spinlord. It is very similar to Dornenglanz but the pimples are firmer and larger making it easier to hit with but still retaining that dornenglaz feel, reversal and effect. Its slowly being phased out as it durability is poor but HaggisV ordered me some in from spinlord last month. It plays better then similar new models pips like hellfire x and virus 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pipm6DJN3C0

Thank you!! Will try them Oh!!!! They are only available in black...

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2023, 19:41 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei Fextra 7
FH: PALIO AK47 Red
BH: Dr. Neubauer K.O. Pro 1.5
I think you can gain from a faster blade as you seems just fine with the current tempo of play. When you change blade you will have to find appropriate rubbers for it from scratch.

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2023, 20:42 

Blade: Neub. Matador Texa Carbon
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G1 2.0
BH: Dr Neub Desperado OX
I also think that a faster blade can give you something extra when playing with OX Pips.

I personnally played all the Matador blades and I always come back to the Matador Texa Carbon blade.
Matador Texa and Matador Texa Balsa are also very good blades but little bit slower which you can prefer or not.
Al those blades are very good to create higher spinreversal. :devil:

As to the backhand side I would suggest to try Desperado Reloaded OX
Also Troublemaker is very interesting for an allround game but I found it less disruptive than Desperado Reloaded.
Because you played Dorneglanz I think you love the disruption and allround possibilities, Desperado Reloaded OX
is more suited I think. Keep in mind that it has to break in for a while the rubber. :punch:

Hopefully you can choose the right rubber for you, good luck 8)

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2023, 22:21 
Super User

BJ20 wrote:
I also think that a faster blade can give you something extra when playing with OX Pips.

I personnally played all the Matador blades and I always come back to the Matador Texa Carbon blade.
Matador Texa and Matador Texa Balsa are also very good blades but little bit slower which you can prefer or not.
Al those blades are very good to create higher spinreversal. :devil:

Also Troublemaker is very interesting for an allround game but I found it less disruptive than Desperado Reloaded.
Because you played Dorneglanz I think you love the disruption and allround possibilities, Desperado Reloaded OX
is more suited I think. Keep in mind that it has to break in for a while the rubber. :punch:

Hopefully you can choose the right rubber for you, good luck 8)

Thank you very much for your advice, you have solved many doubts.

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2023, 22:28 
Super User

BJ20 wrote:

I solve a question and three are born... red, green or blue... Are there differences in the game depending on the color?

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2023, 22:56 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: 729 HS Champion carbon
FH: Razka X max, black
BH: SavigaV LP 1.0 red/green
First I think you are a good player!!

Second, pick your favorite color and go with it! Any minor differences can be accommodated by your playing technique.

To be honest with you, your play with Dorenglanz is good. I pick my equipment based on what I can get access to and how it plays. It is fun to try new equipment.

Good luck!

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2023, 06:42 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei F3 Pro (=TB ALC)
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Hellfire X/Dtecs ox
loboestep wrote:
Hello, I intend to buy a new Ox long pips and I am very undecided on which one will work best for me. Actually I don't need it but I want to try something new, maybe I'm missing something. I have played with several pips and my favorite is Spinlord Dornenglanz OX followed by Globe 979.

Basically I try to be aggressive with the returns locking the opponent in his backhand to avoid his FH, take advantage of the backspin balls to attack with my pips or high balls to do it with th FH.
In these videos I play a JOOLA Chen Weixing CWX blade (old model), Dornenglanz OX and Hurrican Neo 3. I am currently testing balsa woods such as Giant Dragon Super Balsa II Off+ and Dr. Neubaber Bulldozer. The Hurricane Neo 3 rubber has peeled off so I am using Hurricane 8, Hurricane 8/80, Hurricane Neo 2 and Tenergy 64fx. I am also thinking of buying a Dr. Neubauer Matador (so many models, not sure which one is best for me).

TROUBLE MAKER
MONSTER CLASSIC
VIPER
VIPER SOFT
OTHER SUGGESTIONS

Thank you very much.

Great playing! :up: I played years with same blade as you with several different pips, mostly with Troublemaker. I can't recommend Troublemaker for you, it's too slow for your brilliant BH attack. Viper is also NO. Hellfire X is great rubber, but I am afraid that DG might be best for you... Dtecs is too slippery...

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2023, 06:58 
Super User

Roy wrote:
loboestep wrote:

Basically I try to be aggressive with the returns locking the opponent in his backhand to avoid his FH, take advantage of the backspin balls to attack with my pips or high balls to do it with th FH.

TROUBLE MAKER
MONSTER CLASSIC
VIPER
VIPER SOFT
OTHER SUGGESTIONS

Thank you very much.

Great playing! :up: I played years with same blade as you with several different pips, mostly with Troublemaker. I can't recommend Troublemaker for you, it's too slow for your brilliant BH attack. Viper is also NO. Hellfire X is great rubber, but I am afraid that DG might be best for you... Dtecs is too slippery...

Thank you!

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2023, 23:29 
Super User

Blade: D. M. S. The Wall Def-
FH: S&T Secret Flow Chop
BH: Spectre OX
I don't change the Hellfire X for the DG, your skills are good enough with DG, the only drawback of DG it's durability due to the high loss of pips in few time...

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2023, 00:05 
Super User

merlin el mago wrote:
I don't change the Hellfire X for the DG, your skills are good enough with DG, the only drawback of DG it's durability due to the high loss of pips in few time...

Hi! Thank you! Never loose a pip, mine is like new. I'm going to try Desperado reloaded blue ox and also Matador texa carbon....let's see. I's also waiting for a XVT Hinoki balsa carbon blade and AK47 red rubber from China (cheap ones). Saludos!!

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2023, 05:51 
Super User

Well, now I have:

Hellfire X ox red
Desperado reloaded ox green
Dornenglanz ox red

Hellfire X is slowest and less disruptive than Dornenglanz in the same blade Matador Texa Carbon. I prefer Dornenglanz but I like Hellfire X too.
I have the Hellfire X on a spare blade, XVT ALC Dragon.

I have use Desperado Reloaded ox green today in a Neubauer Bulldozer blade and I feel it too fast and very difficult to control. If the technique is not completely correct, the balls go high. Next monday I will use it with Matador Texa Carbon.
In the end it seems that I already had the best long pips... Spinlord Dornenglanz. On monday we will see