OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 30 Mar 2024, 07:09

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Aug 2008, 09:46 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I find it an awesome looping rubber, it is the spinniest one I've every found for my game 8) The only thing I have trouble with is counter-looping close to the table, as the throw of the rubber is quite high, and the ball grips, so it's hard to keep it on the table. My solution is to either block passively, and you can take the pace off the ball very well with this rubber, or to take a step back and counter-loop, where the high throw is not such an issue...
Also be careful not to put too many layers of EEII on there, or you're dislodge the topsheet from the sponge...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Aug 2008, 05:36 
Super User

Hello,

The Globe 999 National is really spinny. (spin monster)
I usually play with an H2 on a Stiga Offensive CR .... and whaou ... for the loop and speed it's good. For the bloc as well (on FH...). I didn't try it's on BH... but it must be really difficult to control I suppose. (mostly during passiv games). The topsheet is not sticky as the 999T, grippy mostly.

The major drawback is the weight, cause I have another Globe 999 2.0 on my BH. So as Klaus said, it's really heavy.

You must absolutely have an active gameplay if you want to take advantage of this really powering weapon! (counter-loops /counter-drive instead of blocking) otherwise there is no benefit to purchase this National version of the Globe (I think).

In the first time, my primary objective was to replace my DHS PF4 'Super' 1.8 on BH by a Globe 999... and I red some many nice stories about the Globe 999 National version that I couldn't resist !!!!

So I'm still looking for a chinese BH rubber that could permit me to block and topspin and sometimes chop (cause PF4 is to hard for top !!!)

I tried the Globe 999 2.0 ( for bloc I'm not sure, but it's quite allround... ) and the 999T (bloc is really hard with 36° sponge, I love the sticky topsheet anyway).

Someone told me to try the friendship 729Fx 2.0 or a 729 Geospin Tacky ... do you think it may answer to my needs? (mainly bloc and top spin ...and sometime chop ?). Otherwise, would you suggest a classic Butterfly Sriver EL 1.9 ?

Thanks for your feeback. :D

This forum is really good, I enjoyed a lot the Provincial stories of the H3.
:P

Last edited by Brahms on 15 Apr 2009, 05:34, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Aug 2008, 20:09 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Welcome to the forum Brahms!

Have you considered the Venus rubber? It is lighter, still very spinny but a lot easier to control, especially in 2.0mm. The Avalox Pronte is also a very good alternative IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Aug 2008, 21:14 
Super Looper
Super Looper

haggisv wrote:
I find it an awesome looping rubber, it is the spinniest one I've every found for my game 8) The only thing I have trouble with is counter-looping close to the table, as the throw of the rubber is quite high, and the ball grips, so it's hard to keep it on the table. My solution is to either block passively, and you can take the pace off the ball very well with this rubber, or to take a step back and counter-loop, where the high throw is not such an issue...
Also be careful not to put too many layers of EEII on there, or you're dislodge the topsheet from the sponge...

Thanks for tips haggisv

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Aug 2008, 06:24 
Super User

Thanks Haggisv for the tips.

I keep in mind this rubber, but regarding the stock I have, I prefer (for the moment) be more focus on the rubber I have.

Tonight, I played with the Globe 999T 2.2 on the BH and and a classic Globe 999 2.0 on BH. This combo is less explosive compare on the BH with the Globe National, but it's more easier to return slow and spinny service and less intransigent with passive play or imperfect stoke.

The blade is also really less heavy. So perhaps would it be more convenient more me to find a Globe with less thickness. (1.8 would be a nice compromise). Even I prefer to continue with a classic combo, I hold the Globe 999 National as a fantastic rubber but too "high level" for my technical skills level (I'm not Ma Lin...sniff !!! :cry: ).

So ... I pray for the Lord of Ping to give the opportunity to play one day again with this leathal weapon.

:?:
One last question, do you know if I can produce some BH topsin with a Friendship 729Fx sponge 2.0 (cause I have one in my stock, never try this so far... cause I prefer DHS /Globe).

Stay tuned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Aug 2008, 12:44 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
I've been wondering about this rubber, Globe 999 National. But the weight kind of puts me off.

I had a chance to play with my friend's a couple of months back. Blue sponge 44 degrees. Very hard and thick. Dropped short on flat hits... It wasn't a good experience. It was on Korbel blade (his).

Perhaps the softer ones will be much better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Aug 2008, 12:52 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

It's quite hard unglued, but reacts very well to glue or booster/tuners... and yes it heavy... :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Aug 2008, 16:08 
Super Looper
Super Looper

[quote="rokphish2"] Globe 999 National. But the weight kind of puts me off.

If you use a lighter blade and combine the other side with lighter rubber you will get bat with nice weight

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Aug 2008, 16:34 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

purger wrote:
rokphish2 wrote:
Globe 999 National. But the weight kind of puts me off.

If you use a lighter blade and combine the other side with lighter rubber you will get bat with nice weight

I can't. So far the blades I like are in the 90g also BH rubber similar in weight as my H3P. Also 999 Nat also not readily available so another point there... :(

The H3P and my Tokyo is also not readily available. When the time comes for these rubbers to be replaced, I'm going to need alternatives... Cheaper and readily available rubbers... :oops: :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Aug 2008, 16:42 
Super Looper
Super Looper

Well since my game is grown a lot in past year im looking for cheeper alternative to and 999 national is going to be my new F/H rubber.
Maybe 8 months ago i just couldnt play with chinese rubbers but with learning proper tehnike now I can get out of 999 a real quality play more i practice with 999 N more i like it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Aug 2008, 17:23 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

purger wrote:
Well since my game is grown a lot in past year im looking for cheeper alternative to and 999 national is going to be my new F/H rubber.
Maybe 8 months ago i just couldnt play with chinese rubbers but with learning proper tehnike now I can get out of 999 a real quality play more i practice with 999 N more i like it.

Hehehe... I'm just about the opposite... After my stock of H3P (and Tokyo) are finished, I might be going for cheaper solution and readily available. Thus I might go with Japan rubber instead, going back to sriver el, mark v ad, and/or cermet... Who knows, perhaps the new commercial H3 might be viable solution as well... I have somewhat high hope with Zeta, but currently xiom is not popular here and might not be readily available when the time comes...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Aug 2008, 17:32 
Super Looper
Super Looper

Yes Xiom rubber zeta is about $AU 55 in australia and the rest of jap rubbers 40 and over which is like double the price.
By the way got new black and red 999 national and black looks so impresive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Aug 2008, 04:58 
Super User

The major up to come issue for the chinese rubber will be the glue.
Cause the best weapons are not really nice to play without beeing glued.
(H3, H2, 999 Nat.... ) and I'm not sure to be ready to try weird tuning with juice or coleman fuel to compete with new tensor product.
We may perhaps wait for a tensor version of the H3.... but in that's case H3 will simply disapear. The only one luck we may have would be a water glue as good as VOC speed glue is.... Otherwise, the genuine and cheap best seller may disappear.

To follow...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Aug 2008, 07:26 
Pop and Swirl
Pop and Swirl

speedplay wrote:
Might be, but this is at the risk of getting a really head heavy blade, which (according to me) makes the blade feel a lot heavier then a well balanced blade, even if the actual weight of the balanced blade is a lot more.

Yeah, I did it with a 106g Mazunov, still feels weirdly head-heavy. It's really the sponge, I think.

If you must, get a light blade, and stick lead tape at the butt of racket handle -- I reckon it'll be possible then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Aug 2008, 08:07 
Super Looper
Super Looper

Yes It is havie rubber and doesnt fell nice on hard blades but has nice feel on balsa blades.
I never use a speed glue just glue rubber with water based one and play so to me is just fine.
I think all you guys that are speed gluers are going to have some sort of a problem to adjust to new rule even with new build in speed glue efect rubbers