OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:24

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: 1-ply Hinoki wonder
PostPosted: 09 Nov 2008, 07:58 

I gotta say I didn't expect much from the BTY Senkoh Max FL 10mm 1-ply hinoki blade I just received this friday. Oh man, I couldn't have been more wrong.

A ton of feel, long dwell time, that's it I'm hooked.

I always thought I need a fast blade for my style of play (see my signatute below). I now welcome what is called control and feedback.

My game is good allround with an emphasis on fast blocking. I will go a step further in my search for my ideal blade in putting the Matsushita Pro Special with Coppa JO Gold 2.0 on both sides to the test. After that the search for rubbers will start.

How come a simple 1-ply blade can do this is beyond me ?

I can now say I am a member of the 1-ply Hinoki club.

I will look into these rubbers in the near future :
Tenergy 05 (if Dandoy will somehow ship them someday :?: , order is in since oct. 14th ??? wtf :evil: )
Coppa JO Platin Soft
Nimbus Sound
Sinus Alpha

What do you say ?

3 - Matsush!ta Pro-Special ST - Tackifire Drive 1.9 FH / Feint AG 1.7 BH

Backup / Older :
Donic Waldner Diablo Senso AN - Coppa JO Gold 2.0 FH/BH
Donic Waldner Black Devil CB FL - Coppa JO Gold max BH/FH
Banda Waldner Light - Waldi FH/ Waldi Clic BH

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Nov 2008, 08:19 
Super Looper
Super Looper

Thats good to hear one more 1 ply hinoki member :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Nov 2008, 10:04 
Any Which Way You Can
Any Which Way You Can

Yeah, welcome to the one ply hinoki club :D

Judging from your game style, I think you will find Tenergy perfect for fast blocking while Nimbus Sound probably a bit too mushy on the one ply blade. I have tried both of these rubbers. Tenergy was initially a wild beast for me but after much perseverance, I now find that it is very hard to replace. I now find all the tensors that I tried so far felt too mushy compared to the Tenergy. Mind you, judging from your description that your game is good allround with fast blocking, I believe Tibhar Nimbus, not Nimbus Sound, would be more suitable on the one ply. Anyway, different players play differently so try them all out. That is the only way to find your own rubber for your style. It took me quite a long time before I am finally settled on Tenergy for my FH.

Cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Nov 2008, 10:08 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Is that the first 1-ply blade you've tried JDAvant06? I'm just curious if there's something unique about this particular blade?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Nov 2008, 11:09 
Chinese Forum Spy

haggisv, IMO butterfly has the worst pick of hinoki wood, granted they're selling them for a quarter of the price of other brands.

I've seen about 4 senkohs now, all a little "weird" in feel if you ask me, feels like the wood grains aren't all pointing the in same direction (unclear feeling by chinese definition). Unlike the speed 90 or the Juic offerings.

Back to topic, the absolute BEST rubber for hinoki 1-ply is glued sriver hands down, JDAvant06, if you ever try it you'll glue for life! But now with the ban, the Zeta works brilliantly on it, though to keep a high-level performance requires a new sheet every week or so. Tenergy is okay on it. I've tried several other tensors on it and it didn't give me the short game I wanted.

So try glued sriver, then cry because Adham has banned glue, then try Zeta (if you don't graze EVERY ball like I did and go 100% on power, perhaps you'll manage to get a few more weeks out of it than I do)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Nov 2008, 12:10 
Super User

How heavy is the Senkoh Max 10mm?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Nov 2008, 14:58 
Super User

1-ply Hinoki users UNITE!

I found with my single-ply that the 40° sponge hardness rubbers that I tried (Inspirit and Quattro ultralight) were too fast for normal play BUT the blocking was absolutely phenomenal. It was almost like I wasn't doing anything. All I had to do was hold my racket in front of the ball and blocks went back fast and effortless with great control and spin. If I was a blocker, I would not have continued my search for the perfect rubber anywhere beyond these two rubbers.

When it came to hitting however...

Saviga V 0.6

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Nov 2008, 15:08 
Chinese Forum Spy

addoydude wrote:

It ranges from about 85 to 105g.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Nov 2008, 18:51 
Super Looper
Super Looper

gekogark1212 wrote:
haggisv, IMO butterfly has the worst pick of hinoki wood, granted they're selling them for a quarter of the price of other brands.

I've seen about 4 senkohs now, all a little "weird" in feel if you ask me, feels like the wood grains aren't all pointing the in same direction (unclear feeling by chinese definition). Unlike the speed 90 or the Juic offerings.

Back to topic, the absolute BEST rubber for hinoki 1-ply is glued sriver hands down, JDAvant06, if you ever try it you'll glue for life! But now with the ban, the Zeta works brilliantly on it, though to keep a high-level performance requires a new sheet every week or so. Tenergy is okay on it. I've tried several other tensors on it and it didn't give me the short game I wanted.

So try glued sriver, then cry because Adham has banned glue, then try Zeta (if you don't graze EVERY ball like I did and go 100% on power, perhaps you'll manage to get a few more weeks out of it than I do)

Butterfly uses imported American Hinoki ( Port Ortford Cedar )

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Nov 2008, 22:51 
Super User

purger wrote:
gekogark1212 wrote:

Sources please. And as a generalization I think that is wrong. Certainly Cypress Alpha which is marked "Kiso Hinoki" on it cannot be anything else. Otherwise, that would be quite a blatant marketing lie that a company like Butterfly cannot afford to make.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 03:29 
Super User

purger wrote:

That would be really cool, if true. That would mean that I am using a Senkoh SUPERMax!

Saviga V 0.6

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 04:03 
Super Looper
Super Looper

addoydude wrote:
purger wrote:
gekogark1212 wrote:

Sources please. And as a generalization I think that is wrong. Certainly Cypress Alpha which is marked "Kiso Hinoki" on it cannot be anything else. Otherwise, that would be quite a blatant marketing lie that a company like Butterfly cannot afford to make.

I ask butterfly seller in australia when they got blades and Senkoh are not Kiso Hinoki he said Cypress.
I dont want to say that I got one mor blade :oops: LOL but that put me of buying senkoh then I done some serch my self as Ahinoki said POC is exported to JP and I found an interesting thing but that i will kep my mouth zipped for now. :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 10:22 
Super User

I have seen and touched the Senkoh Max and I have a POC blade myself. Senkoh does not seem to be a POC to me. POC is a bit harder and has a more aromatic smell.

i think it is possible some butterfly blades use american cypress wood. The vsg blades top ply for example were thought to be made of either american or taiwan cypress.

i think the export use of POC to Japan is more for furniture/housing construction or bath tub use. I got this impression from a site mentioning POC as bath tub material.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Nov 2008, 01:47 

haggisv wrote:
Is that the first 1-ply blade you've tried JDAvant06? I'm just curious if there's something unique about this particular blade?

Yes it's the first 1-ply blade I've tried.

gekogark1212 wrote:

Oh no don't tell me I still have to EJ some more and try Darker Speed 90. What do you guy think about American Hinoki ?

gekogark1212 wrote:

I won't glue, it is not against my principles but because of the ban I would than be unable to be satisfied by any offering available that complies with the ban.

What is taking so long to Dandoy to ship them Tenergy05?

addoydude wrote:

It weighted in at 91 gram dry and 93 gram with 3 very thin layers of Donic Formula first VOC-Free varnish.

Thanks to all of you for the replies and suggestions.[/quote]

3 - Matsush!ta Pro-Special ST - Tackifire Drive 1.9 FH / Feint AG 1.7 BH

Backup / Older :
Donic Waldner Diablo Senso AN - Coppa JO Gold 2.0 FH/BH
Donic Waldner Black Devil CB FL - Coppa JO Gold max BH/FH
Banda Waldner Light - Waldi FH/ Waldi Clic BH