OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 15:14

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 11:46 
Super User

Before go thru my logic , please try to understand the propose of establishing 'Minimum Friction Level' for Pimple Rubber

'A proposal was made at a Board of Directors meeting, it was explained that a friction limit (lower end) needed to be established, reasons were given regarding post-factory treatment of rubbers which is illegal'

So below is my logic :

1. Since ITTF is always mention that their rule will be apply in international level , so I can see very low probability the the international player will do 'post-factory' treatment (I guess it's almost Zero) since surely they will have enough support to buy the original one. If anyone from ITTF can give me any case that they found this issue happen in 'International Level' , I will accept.

2. There is another rule (2.04.07) of ITTF that say "any physical, chemical or other treatment which substantially (more than 20%) decreases the friction of the rubber is prohibited " So ,in case there is someone doing 'post-factory' treatment , he will be disqualified anyway.

So now the issue of 'post-factory treatment' is protected by 'SMART ITTF RULE' then

Do ITTF need to keep the 'minimum friction level' consider the objective of the rule ?

I want someone from ITTF to answer ?

If anyone have connection with ITTF big guys , please help to forward my msg to them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 11:57 
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
A proposal was made at a Board of Directors meeting, it was explained that a friction limit (lower end) needed to be established, reasons were given regarding post-factory treatment of rubbers which is illegal'

The problem starts right here, there was a proposal made, but no REASON for the proposal. :?

Backhand, Sriver FX Max

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 12:08 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Shall I move this to the ITTF section? Hopefully Adham there will answer...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 12:26 

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
Fine with me. :D

Backhand, Sriver FX Max

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 12:45 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

One issue is that some pips become more frictionless over a short period of time... This is certainly not classed as 'treated', but they can play very much like the old frictionless.

If the ITTF only want to ban treated pips, then this should be legal (unless it's classed as significant wear and tear), but if the intention is to ban frictionless, than the friction limit would make this rubber illegal...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 13:45 
Super User

As you can see many times , ITTF (or at least Adham as the representative) always mention that the low friction limit is to prevent ' post-factory treatment of rubbers ' (you can see his msg in mytabletennis forum). Now , this issue has been prevented by another rule (2.04.07) so it's time for ITTF to tell us the 'REAL REASON'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 14:06 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Yes I think this is a very valid request PL. It has caused enough disagreement between people because of different opinions over it. Some people just accept a rule has been put in place. Others would like to understand the reason for the rule because rules without reason are very hard to accept for some. If a player is going to be impinged in their playing freedom and have a cost (or replacement equipment) forced upon them, I think they have a right to know why! :? :? :?

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 16:38 
Dreamshaker

Reb, I like your attention to reason and detail.

pimplover, good call for reason. Without reason, there is no reasonable really.

Rulings of any kind should have reasons more than anything.

If a cop pulled me up on the road, he'd better give a reason for stopping me. Rules should be built on reason, and I'm intrigued with the reasons to such imposed rules by the ITTF with the ban of frictionless pips. Hope to see all the reasons, and if this Adham guy is an ITTF representative, surely he'd represent and chime in with reasons. If he can't, who the hell can?

Good reasonable move Alex...look forward to seeing reasons and even opinions on reasons. I dun play with frictionless pips but if I did, I would keep playing with them until I got some reason, especially if I had been playing with them for some time before the ban. There needs to be some clarity and whatnot that is passed concerning these rules. perhaps a statement which I wouldn't mind seeing, especially since we got an ITTF rep on this forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 16:50 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Leeroy wrote:
There needs to be some clarity and whatnot that is passed concerning these rules. perhaps a statement which I wouldn't mind seeing, especially since we got an ITTF rep on this forum.

Its debateable whether we actually "have" Adham here yet mate. He's keeping a low profile lol. I guess we need patience, although this reasoning is long overdue. :roll:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 18:51 
Super Looper
Super Looper

Well maybe Adam doesnt now real reason maybe that was like if they ban speed glue thats affecting offensive players so lts go and do something with oposition an bad Frictionless LP"s :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Nov 2008, 17:16 
Dreamshaker

I wouldn't mind knowing these pure reasons Speedplay.
Stickiness on inverted might be next up for banning. Those Chinese are dominating with them hahaha :D.

I am sorta 50/50 in the personal reasoning stakes to the frictionless pips ban, as to why I am interested with it.

I can see reason but damn that is a hard rule to follow.

If ITTF can't represent TT, especially with no clarity to such rules that can't be ruled by a non-representative body, then that is poxy.

It is like Brittish trying to tax the AMerican people without representation when the US became independant from the Brittish.

If ITTF is the international ruling body for TT, and can't represent such rules, they really are not representing TT. I declare independance, ESPECIALLY if I was a frictionless pip player!! hahaha :D

Revolution time TT peeps! hehehe :D lets go with our own rules. National bodies should declare independance :D. Affiliate with a new International body since it is an International game :D.

(I am joking somewhat, not to be taken seriously)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Nov 2008, 17:22 
Super User

1 day after my post.... No response from Mr.ITTF. Let me count and see when I can get the real reason.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Nov 2008, 22:41 
Super User

4 days passed , no answer.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Nov 2008, 22:44 
Devil may cry
Devil may cry

He is very busy... it should be answered eventually, but if you think if it's anytime soon, I don't know.

monkey

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Nov 2008, 07:12 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Yes I agree...he's made it clear already that he's busy...so that fact that he has not answered yet, does not infer that he does not want to, or does not care...