OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 16:01

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 339 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 23  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 17:15 
Devil may cry
Devil may cry

metal monkey wrote:
..Out of thread***

Well since you guys are talking all about colours and all that stuff....

I did play with Gekogark1212,had a little bit of traing with him about 6 months ago....

scanario was... light blue colored room.....and light blue shirt.... Orange ball.

Really bad place :D

:oops:

Monkey

BTW it' was with the BTY P.C, 729 Higher and super anti 1.9mm

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 17:43 
...reb you forgot the floor 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 17:47 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Ranger-man wrote:
This is a throw back to the post about what balls to use at a tournament. Prefernces aside, any 3 star ball is legel and perfect.

Now on to the preferences, Nittaku and Butterfly are fast losing appeal among the vast majority of players. The last time Nittaku balls were used in an international meet was in 2004, this from their own website.

Most players swear by Double Fish and then Double Happiness. And with the price difference, I say why not.

If DHS was good enough for Olympics its a VERY snobby player who won't accept using one. Says to me they think they are better than Olympians! I'm happy with any new ITTF approved 3 star. If its months old and shabby that's different.

Monkey it sounds like you have some shockers you come up against where you play. I actually try to hold on if I need to go to the loo during a game, but usually try to avoid it by going beforehand. I think if someone claims they need to go like that an official should keep an eye out because a case of the runs doesn't usually just come and go in 15 minutes. Tricky though. :roll:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 17:51 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Here's another one:

Towels and other stuff (like drinks) under and around the table. Is this allowed and if so what are the limits on it, if any? If a player leaves their stuff visibly up your end when you change what rights do the rules give, if any?

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 18:26 
Devil may cry
Devil may cry

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
Here's another one:

Towels and other stuff (like drinks) under and around the table. Is this allowed and if so what are the limits on it, if any? If a player leaves their stuff visibly up your end when you change what rights do the rules give, if any?

I would like to add...guys leaving mobile phones close to/or near the net.... Also toyour as well Reborn,to add with the "Drinks and other stuff", there table tennis bags????

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 18:33 
Devil may cry
Devil may cry

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
Monkey it sounds like you have some shockers you come up against where you play. I actually try to hold on if I need to go to the loo during a game, but usually try to avoid it by going beforehand. I think if someone claims they need to go like that an official should keep an eye out because a case of the runs doesn't usually just come and go in 15 minutes. Tricky though. :roll:

Yeah I guess I have had my fair share.... I am the Nomad when it comes to playing TT so I have had my fair share of playing in different place and also in different environments here in Oz(NSW), I get to learn a whole lot of code of ethics when in comes to TT in genera (every new place I visit have there own)l, like waiting for tables, knowing when it okay to pick up my ball when the other table is playing a point, different styles, who to challenge when I go to a new place? etc... :wink:

monkey

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 19:02 
I am Legend
I am Legend

running to the toilet:

This one is a bit iffy. Technically, the only reason you can call a break longer than the std 1m timeout/between games is incapacity resulting from an accident. Meaning, injury due to faill, sprain, mashing your face on the table, etc etc.

You *CANNOT* break due to "normal stress of play" or a disability that was present or expected at the beginning of the match. Ie, fitness (or rather lack thereof), exhaustion, *cramping*, etc.

Running to the toilet: So what does this fall under? I personally think it's expected at the beginning of the match, though if you really do crap your pants that probably counts as accident :P

Now: if the ref does actually allow a suspension of play, if it runs OVER 10 MINUTES it's a forfeit.

Drinks under/around the table:

Bad. Don't do it. Drinks stay outside the playing area.

Towels under/around the table:

Bad. Towels go in the provided basket or if at least on the barrier, next to the ref.

Bags in the playing area:

Bad. Really, why do people need to do this?

Nittaku Premiums:

I think a lot of people still believe this is the best due to pricing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 19:18 
Chop, Rock, & Roll

Ok, an unanswered one for speedy.

speedplay wrote:
I've got another question for you, when I was umpiring last time, the coach noticed during the warm up that one of our players used anti, so before the game start, he took his player to the side and informed him about this and gave him some tactical advices on how to play against it. Right or wrong?

Totally WRONG, if it were before the warm up it would be ok, but when the warm up starts, the match's started. Players must seek advice before the two minute warm up and are not allowed to return to their coaches at the end of the warm up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 19:25 
Devil may cry
Devil may cry

NiTTaKu wrote:
Ok, an unanswered one for speedy.

speedplay wrote:
I've got another question for you, when I was umpiring last time, the coach noticed during the warm up that one of our players used anti, so before the game start, he took his player to the side and informed him about this and gave him some tactical advices on how to play against it. Right or wrong?

Totally WRONG, if it were before the warm up it would be ok, but when the warm up starts, the match's started. Players must seek advice before the two minute warm up and are not allowed to return to their coaches at the end of the warm up.

Thank you Nittaku,

Okay, if this does happen and in a competition game environment. What action are we supposed to take???, Perhaps prevention before the coach has a word?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 19:36 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

In Australian clubs from my experience I don't think anyone would have much of an issue with someone talking to a player between games or after warm up. I don't see coaches at games generally anyway, but teammates will do this sort of stuff. I think you'd be considered pedantic to try this on and probably be told to get lost (or worse words lol), but that just Aussie culture. Maybe in very high grades they MAY take it more seriously, but I still doubt it. Silver?? Any experiences of this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 19:57 
Devil may cry
Devil may cry

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
In Australian clubs from my experience I don't think anyone would have much of an issue with someone talking to a player between games or after warm up. I don't see coaches at games generally anyway, but teammates will do this sort of stuff. I think you'd be considered pedantic to try this on and probably be told to get lost (or worse words lol), but that just Aussie culture. Maybe in very high grades they MAY take it more seriously, but I still doubt it. Silver?? Any experiences of this?

I haven't seen this when I do play in the Western Districts competition, though it does happen during tourneys and in the insurance comp at Homebush, even then this rule is relaxed and it still goes on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 21:17 
Chop, Rock, & Roll

metal monkey wrote:

Thank you Nittaku,

Okay, if this does happen and in a competition game environment. What action are we supposed to take???, Perhaps prevention before the coach has a word?

If you look at the ITTF handbook for officials (Pre-Match procedure section), it tells you to perform the coin toss before the warm-up, that way you can start the game when the warm up time ends. That's the best way to do it, and be sure that the players are ready (no tracksuit, correct clothings). If a coach starts making advices after the warm up you can go the fast way (if you have a bad day) and show a yellow card to the bench or you can say "Game, x to serve" and see if the coach notices.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 21:22 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Nittaku I think the rules are much more strictly observed in Spain than in many Aus clubs. We have no yellow or any color cards at my club and the first server is decided by who the home team is and goes in sequence from there. In some ways I like stricter rule observance, but Aussies are generally too relaxed for this LOL. :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 21:31 
I am Legend
I am Legend

we qlders just roll the ball off the end of the table into our hands and then have the other guy choose a hand....

The only thing the home team gets is to umpire first :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 21:31 
Chop, Rock, & Roll

Well, we get strict at national leagues, but regional leagues act as in AUS, no umpire shows by if the local club don't ask for it and you can see things like the ones you said on the other thread. This was done to allow teams to save some cash on umpire fees, the federation allows club related umpires or no ump at all, if the club don't have any local umpire, they can call the federation's local office for one.

My observations are always from an umpire point of view, as I'm a level 2 umpire and I've been on many nationals acting as umpire.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 339 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 23  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!