OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Nov 2019, 03:19

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Yinhe T-1
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2009, 08:43 
Super User

Hey folks

This thread is the prelude to a series of test reports regarding Yinhe-Woods. I played many good woods in the past. Some of the Yinhe-woods are awesome. So I start with one of the best blades by Yinhe, the T-1. I played the T-1 with Tenergy 05 on both sides the last three weeks. According to statements in other forums, the T-1 is similar to the BTY Schlager Carbon. As I don't know the Schlager Carbon, I can't say nothing at this point.

Description
Type: OFF +
Plies: 3-Plywood (Juniper / Kiri) + 2 Carbon
Blade thickness: 7.4 mm
Dimensions: 160 x 151 (standard)
Hardness: 2044 Hz = very hard
Weight: 86 grams
Catapult: OFF +
Stiffness: very stiff

With the heavy Tenergy 05 coverings the racket is pretty top-heavy and has a total weight of ~ 190 grams, including grip and edge band. The wood is standard delivered with a flared handle. However, it is no problem at Yinhe for a small additional charge to get a racket with a straight handle.

Wood / Rubber Combo
The T-1 and the Tenergy 05 are perfect for each other. The rubber develop their full potential only with such a stiff, fast and hard wood. In the past I had glued and tuned. This is something totally unnecessary with this combo. Catatapult and rotation are highly abnormal and even the sound is surprisingly good. The fact that the wood accepts very little of the incoming energy, the Tenergy 05 fully bears.

Serves and Returns
Serves can be played with extreme rotation. The sensitivity to the opponent's impact is, unfortunately, just as high. Short-short game is not the domain of the racket. There are very aggressive returns with a lot of rotation possible. Flick is very easy and effective. With uncertainties about the enemy serve, play the ball late and if possible attack immediately. Currency: Serve short to half-long with extreme variations of rotation. Return as soon as possible with spin-attacks.

Block, Counter and Shots
When you block passive on topspins it is not so safe. The high catapult of the racket prevents a very secure passive block. Better looks at the active block. The incoming balls can be accelerated well with the smallest movements of the hand. The best looks at blockspin. There is a light to return the incoming topspin with a short counter topspin movement. Such balls are characterized by a good pace, a lot of rotation and good placement opportunities. Counter duels go properly. The Spincounter is the better choice. To shot high balls is very easy with the racket. Currency: The centrally hitted strokes are better replaced by the modern spin-strokes: blockspins, spincounter and spinshots.

Looping
Here we are in the domain of the racket. Whether the balls are taken early or late, the loops succeed excellent because of the high throw. Against strong backspin loops are not easy. It is only a soft topspin possible, but with extreme rotation. Against block balls loops are played very controlled. The absolute highlight of this racket is the counter-loop away the table. This is extremely controlled, has powerful steam and it's simply "cool" to play. At the table is needed very modest movements for the counter-loop. Currency: After the opening step backwards and loop all incoming balls with FH and BH.

Defense
The game with the rotation is the domain of the racket. It is not surprising that even can be chopped with that stuff. The racket has naturally less control as a traditional defensive racket. On the other side the modern devensive needs today a well-trained offensive line. Combined with a soft LP on the BH and the Tenergy 05 on the FH is a good choice for a modern defender. When chopping, it is important to strike very resolute. The forearm acceleration must be very high, so the balls arrive the opponents very dangerous. People are often confused because they do not expect such a lot of backspin. The balls from the half are easy to lift and have a unpleasant follow for the opponents. Balloon defense is very dangerous because of the extreme rotation.

Conclusion
The T-1 in combination with the Tenergy 05 is an extreme racket. In order to control the bat, it needs a lot of training and a good hand. The racket is a veritable spin-machine and is also sensitive to incoming spin. Therefore the combination is predestined for a both sides topspin game from the half-distance and offers incredible variations in rotation, placement and throw.

Cheers, Martin

my equipment: old school hardbat table tennis and fun

Last edited by martinspin on 25 Jan 2009, 23:22, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2009, 09:25 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Awesome Martinspin! What a great way to come back to the forum, we've missed you!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2009, 09:57 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Cool job Martin. like the sound of the offensive potential of that combination. To bad I love the TBS to throw it away.

Hey Guyz, he wasn't REALLY gone, he was just mountain hiking in them neat mountains or EJing.

Hit us up on FB or the Forum

Janitor at Nexy USA
http://www.NexyUSA.com
http://www.facebook.com/Nexyusa/

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2009, 10:59 
Super User

Hey Alex

haggisv wrote:
Awesome Martinspin! What a great way to come back to the forum, we've missed you!!!

I've tested many Yinhe blades the last monthes and some of them are very awesome. I'm writing much about the Yinehe stuff at TTNEWS.DE (German). I like the idea to present the tests with the best blades of Yinhe here in english.

Yinhe has a wide range of blades. Some of them are well balanced and other aren't. T-1 is one of the best balanced blade I've ever played.

Next time I'll write about the T-11 (Limba, Carbon, Balsa). Similiar to the T-1 it's very stiff, hard and has a strong catapult. But it's 16 grams lighter then the T-1. So this blade is perfect for a both-sided topspin play near the table...

Cheers, Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2009, 13:40 
Pop and Swirl
Pop and Swirl

Hi Martinspin, it's great for you to review some of the Yinhe blades -- please do post some of your reviews here! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2009, 14:51 

nice Review Martin !

Have you tried the Yinhe N-Series (esp N2)? Please make a review if youve tried it.

thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2009, 19:18 

I´ll test Tenergy 05 and Tenergy 64 with T2 (Primorac Carbon clon) and then write review.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2009, 19:52 
Super User

I'll tested many woods of the T-series. For me the best blades of Yinhe. I'll write about the T-6, T-7, T-8 and T-11. Unfortunatelly I've never tried the N-Series.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Jan 2009, 02:18 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Nice review Martin. Did you use T05 on all the T-series blades you mention? It would be great if when you review the others if you could do some sort of comparison of one against the others. It would be nice to know how you feel about them all rating speed, spin, hardness, stiffness etc against each other, if you don't mind and have the time of course. Cheers! :wink:

I have the T-8 btw, and while I haven't used it much so far, I do think it has quite a nice feel for a carbon blade. I have T05 on it as it happens (with LP on BH of course :lol:), so that's why I'm so interested in the comparisons. :D

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Jan 2009, 02:23 
Super User

Hi Martin,

Nice report indeed. Just let me add a little note. In general (for sure there are exceptions) people playing with LP do not like to have a blade with carbon layers. I tested it myself and my conclusion was that it was far too stiff, it was like the pips were hard to control in this way (for me).

I've played with two Yin-He blades so far: W-6 and LiQian-2. The first was much slower than expected and the second was a mistake from my part. I should not have ordered it: it was too big headed and slow and I did not want to change my game (close to table). I wonder if there's an all wood Yin He blade that can fit LP on the BH to play close to the table, what do you think?

ThankQ.-

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Jan 2009, 02:28 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Hi Quelis, I would be interested in Martin's answer as well, although not sure if he has played with YinHe all wood from the sounds. I would think Hookshot would tell you the W-1 is the blade for that though. :wink:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Jan 2009, 02:36 
Super User

Thanks Reb but I have checked the YinHe web page and W-1 has two carbon layers.

Last edited by quelis on 26 Jan 2009, 20:52, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Jan 2009, 02:49 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Wow, I always thought the W-series in Galaxy's range was all wood. Well, ya learn something everyday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Jan 2009, 03:58 
Super User

Well, Speedplay, I think I wrote something about this issue a long time ago. LP blade (for close table playing and BH hit/block) should be (for me):

- All wood
- Not big headed
- can have a balsa layer
- better light instead of heavy
- better Thick handle instead of slim
- Without carbon layer
- better flexible instead of stiff (ideally mid point between both). In this way, some woods are better than others: abachi and limba my preferred. But I don't know about ayous, for example.

So, what do you think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Jan 2009, 04:51 
Super User

Hey quelis

You are right. When the wood is to stiff the throw is normally to flat. Very important for the control of LP with spong close to table is a hard touch. Many blades of the T-series have this hard touch but many of them are also very stiff. I played the Neptune with 1.5 mm spong on the T-4 and was very happy with this combo. T-4 is a little bit bouncy and the touch is a bit hard.

On my video site you'll find a list of all my Yinhe blades I've tested.

Cheers, Martin[/url]