OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 00:01

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Jan 2009, 10:05 
Mars Attacks!

Glueless wrote:
Thanks for this Mars. I really like the service video. A good demo of the variations of backhand serving.

thanks,
I know that when I practice my serve with a collection net I listen and try to see what the ball does in the bottom of the net but this type of board really gives you excellent feedback on the amount and type of spin you are really generating.

This was one of the specific serves Reb & I were working on the other day. I hope its going well Reb :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Jan 2009, 13:56 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Yep, I can vouch for what Mars is saying. He suggested I serve to my board and see what way the ball pings off it, and it works really well. Even when the serves hit the LP they still ping off in the spin direction. I don't think there is enough force for any reversal to occur. Its very evident what spin I am putting on the ball. Its amazing how you can think you're putting underspin, but in fact its top! :shock:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Jan 2009, 03:43 

Hey Reb, could you elaborate a little on the silicone you used? Was this a product that you were able to apply with a paintbrush? Are you still happy with it?

#1 Yasaka Synergy - BH/FH Yasaka Mark V
#2 Yasaka Extra - Yasaka Mark V/Dr. Evil

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Jan 2009, 13:43 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Yeah sure mate. I'm sure any silicon would do, but I used one called Fullers Ultraclear as its what I also use to glue my rubbers on my bats with. It goes on white and dries clear, so you can see where you're applying it and how it looks before it goes clear. I applied it with a flat wide blade, a plastering spatula in fact. I think its best to build up thinnish coats rather than apply a thick coat in one go. I started trying the latter but found its too slow to dry that way and offers no benefit over building the same thickness over several coats. The thickness I have (about 3mm maybe) still has quite a speed in the ball, but not that raw speed that comes off bare wood. Making it even thicker my have some benefits, but as I now have some rubbers on the board, its just fine. Hope this helps. The power has just gone out here in our heatwave and so my fans have gone off and I am now sweating profusely. Yet the laptop battery and internet keep working! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Jan 2009, 21:01 
The Twiddler

Reb,

Great design!! It reminds me of this product I saw recently...the "Return Board".

http://www.returnboard.com/VEDoubleRB_E.php

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NIAoVdWMK ... re=related

:D

Dr Neubauer Gangster and Desperado 2 (testing both) OX

Butterfly Amicus Professional robot
-----
Ever tried, Ever failed? No Matter.
Try again, Fail Again, Fail Better!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Jan 2009, 23:50 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Thanks Chris, I've seen most the return boards on the net I think (on dial-up atm, so haven't stopped to watch your links yet), and yes I sort of modelled mine on those. I would like to make a second one, or 2 smaller ones to become wings on this one, but I ran out of some of the key materials I needed and haven't got around to buying more. I also want to make a catching and return system so I don't have to pick up so many balls.

Right now though, its too damn hot to do anything much lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Jan 2009, 23:56 
The Twiddler

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
Right now though, its too damn hot to do anything much lol.

:( It's cold here. We're due to have snow at the weekend as well :(

Dr Neubauer Gangster and Desperado 2 (testing both) OX

Butterfly Amicus Professional robot
-----
Ever tried, Ever failed? No Matter.
Try again, Fail Again, Fail Better!