OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:02

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: 22 Mar 2009, 22:47 
Sir He-LP-alot
Sir He-LP-alot

Grass D.techs OX loaded on the Re-impact Medusa...

Spin with inverted, twiddle and bounce the ball repeatedly on the pips side - standard stuff to assess spin reversal.

When the ball bounces on soft pips usually the reverse spin is killed almost immediately, with frictionless rubber the reverse spin is killed on the second or third bounce. With D.techs the reverse spin never dies, you can bounce it as long you want but if the ball was already carrying spin it will just keep spinning, albeit not heavily, in that direction.

D.techs seem to have developed a pip that release the kinetic energy from the up / down motion of bouncing the ball on the blade into a side to side motion in the pips ensuring reverse spin is indeffinate.

Clever stuff.

Frictionless strokes | Attacking pip strokes | Greggy's advice | Bollsbrother | Sebastian Sauer . . . . . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Mar 2009, 22:50 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
What's the thickness of the base like?

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2009, 00:15 
Sir He-LP-alot
Sir He-LP-alot

It appears to be thin although the pip is pretty fast.

A good application is obviously blocking where the pip rips more reverse than the opponent is expecting, but also in chop blocks which rip excessive reversal and perhaps the ability to take a low-spin ball from the opponent and make a low spin reversal return.

I've yet to fully explore its potential but small chops off the table do provide loads of reverse. This is helpful because you need to maintain as much control as possible with the stroke (which is its drawback).

Frictionless strokes | Attacking pip strokes | Greggy's advice | Bollsbrother | Sebastian Sauer . . . . . .

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2009, 06:35 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Mathias wrote:
When the ball bounces on soft pips usually the reverse spin is killed almost immediately, with frictionless rubber the reverse spin is killed on the second or third bounce. With D.techs the reverse spin never dies, you can bounce it as long you want but if the ball was already carrying spin it will just keep spinning, albeit not heavily, in that direction.

D.techs seem to have developed a pip that release the kinetic energy from the up / down motion of bouncing the ball on the blade into a side to side motion in the pips ensuring reverse spin is indeffinate.

Clever stuff.

Hmmm, that does kind of sound.. what's the word... impossible? :wink: :wink: Got my attention and interest though :wink:

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2009, 18:38 
Anti Spin Hero
Anti Spin Hero

haggisv wrote:
Hmmm, that does kind of sound.. what's the word... impossible? :wink: :wink: Got my attention and interest though :wink:

yeah you've got me intrigued too! Would this be an Insider replacement?

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2009, 19:15 
Unorthodox Batman
Unorthodox Batman

julian wrote:
haggisv wrote:

Yes, I need to know more on this too please with the Insider uncertainty evident. Is this a blocking pip or more for classic defence?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2009, 02:09 
Super User

How is hitting with it against backspin, no spin and topspin balls?

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2009, 07:57 
Sir He-LP-alot
Sir He-LP-alot

julian wrote:
haggisv wrote:

No its too fast. Far too fast and my blade is optimized for reverse spin.

Sebestian Sauer hit the nail on the head, its a mid-distance rubber. It does work close to the table but you can't use it as a close to the table replacement.

Reverse spin blocker players to avoid disappointment please dont buy, you'll hate the speed even if you get to grips with the control.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2009, 08:09 
Sir He-LP-alot
Sir He-LP-alot

NoFootwork wrote:
How is hitting with it against backspin, no spin and topspin balls?

Firstly at least in OX this is not a classic attacking pip by any means. Leggy OX would act as an attacking pip.

You can't attack topspin - you've got to chop, block, chop-block and obviously with no-spin in OX there is not alot you can do (twiddle and play inverted).

'Attacking backspin', yes it does this very well, because it bends the spin onto the table in a really weird ways (the ball can collapse at the last minute). Obviously it depends how much backspin you are working with. You can then mix this with a more 'loop style stroke'. Also this is not a power attack, like a classical attacking pip.

Power attack: Finally hitting/ swiping can produce strange effects but when I was doing this (first time of play) the control was low.

This is not a panacea but I think is a very interesting pip which I will be working with.

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2009, 08:15 
Sir He-LP-alot
Sir He-LP-alot

haggisv wrote:

Buy it and try it Haggisv on a stiff blade (or stiff ply of a soft blade like me) and see for yourself.

If I am making this up then you are welcome to call my bluff, but until that time ... take my word for it!

I rather suspect you're going to have to take my word for it ;)

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2009, 12:24 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Mathias wrote:
Reverse spin blocker players to avoid disappointment please dont buy, you'll hate the speed even if you get to grips with the control.

It blocks very well with the slow TTMaster Carbon blades. The problem is the forehand side.

It is quite fast at the table with most blades.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2009, 13:37 
Super User

HI MNNB,
Are you suggesting that TTMaster Carbon Blades are not suitable for attack? Are they defensive blades? Most of the defensive blades are good for chopping or blocking; but they are useless for attacking. Often, attacking shot is needed to win a point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2009, 14:26 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

GR wrote:
HI MNNB,
Are you suggesting that TTMaster Carbon Blades are not suitable for attack? Are they defensive blades? Most of the defensive blades are good for chopping or blocking; but they are useless for attacking. Often, attacking shot is needed to win a point.

Yes, quite slow. It's great for blocking at the table and chopping (Phantom 008) with the backhand. Forehand is pretty gutless. Good for chop/balloon defense with Dr. Special Defence. Best results at the table with Pistol, so far. I ordered a sheet of Couga.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2009, 14:54 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
OK NB this is not a term I've struck. What is balloon defence?

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2009, 15:44 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYCUAtjZGpk

This is an extreme example, but basically you play back from the table and return high balls with topspin/variable sidespin. Popular technique in Europe. Can be tricky to deal with. Sometimes a good tactic against all out attackers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next