OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:06

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Mar 2009, 17:04 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Perhaps it's closer to TTMaster SWIF, which is alos faster than Insider and has more reversla IMO...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Mar 2009, 20:41 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
GR wrote:
I think the main difference is that Insider is much slower than Palio. Palio is faster with more spin reversal than the Insider. The advantage of playing with Insider is that one can stay very close to the table like a frictionless rubber.

With Palio one has to play like a classic defensive player. One can chop and hit with Palio. One has to play totally different game with Insider than Palio.

I must have a light touch or something cos I can play with Palio as a modern defender right up to the table. I rarely get forced back, and I love to take the ball hard off the bounce cos tht's when I get the best reversal and almost a guaranteed net dump. :wink:

But now I get what insider is like. In fact its sounding like Insider is more like the Black Palio, which is indeed slower than the red.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Mar 2009, 21:43 
Super User

Hi Dingwol2,

I tried Palio (OX) on one of the fastest blade SARDIUS which is made by Butterfly. It was interesting to find out that its speed was causing problem to the opponents. Chops can be kept low and loose ball can be put away. I played against five different players of different styles and managed to play well against all of them. Sardius is made of Carbon and hard wood. It is very fast blade. Some players don't like it as they find it hard to play a controlled game.

I think, if long pips are arranged on a slow blade, then an opponent find it easier to handle. That is why slow rubber like SB was useless against some players as they have enough time to handle it. Same thing I found that 007 on my second Sardius blade was not very effective.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Mar 2009, 23:14 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

GR, which color Palio did you use? I find the black and the red are like totally different rubbers in the way they act. There is somewhat of a common feel. Have you tried it with sponge? Its even faster, especially in red.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Mar 2009, 09:15 
Super User

Hi Reb,

I used OX of red colour. I might try OX of black colour on Sardius to see the difference in the near future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Mar 2009, 17:55 
Unorthodox Batman
Unorthodox Batman

I will be interested GR to hear what you think. I find the red a bit faster than I want and also a touch more grippy, so maybe I can solve this by playing black

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Mar 2009, 21:24 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Dingwol I can almost guarantee it! I am using the Black on the 0.6 sponge and it is quite a bit slower and more controllable than the red. According to one guy I played against with it, he said it had extremely disturbing effects on the ball.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Mar 2009, 11:33 
Super User

i tried these out this past week on the robot, and the black really is slower than the red. i might actually switch from the curl p1r over to the ck531a, because i really like the ck531a for attacking serves. it chops well for a chinese pip.

blade BTY Photino ST/Palio HengDa #1 ST, fh Palio Macro ERA 42deg MAX, bh Palio CK531A OX

TT Armory, N. America Palio distributor. Macro ERA Tensor, Biotech rubbers, and more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Mar 2009, 14:24 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
The red probably has a little more spin reversal...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Mar 2009, 17:33 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

haggisv wrote:

Not probably...definitely. But it is harder to control cos its a lot faster. I haven't quite decided which I prefer yet as they both have something good in the package. I think for someone who isn't used to playing pips much, red is better. For playing anyone who thinks they know how to play against pips the black is better. That's my finding so far anyway.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: 06 May 2009, 20:31 
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
haggisv wrote:

Not probably...definitely. But it is harder to control cos its a lot faster. I haven't quite decided which I prefer yet as they both have something good in the package. I think for someone who isn't used to playing pips much, red is better. For playing anyone who thinks they know how to play against pips the black is better. That's my finding so far anyway.

Well, that is me and i have really struggled with the red ox (even on a slow Def blade recently tried), having just got the sponge version, wow, what a difference for control, i have it on the Andro Def Fibercomp and i shall now persist in learning this one in the close season. (Along with the C+F3 on the Aurora!)

This plays nicely and is far more safely enjoyable to use allround and may be very useful as addition to my Armoury.

Like REB, i enjoy trying out differing combinations in training and having stuck with 5 blades, i now increase to 6 blades to use, next season promises to be even now i have weapons of mass destruction to play 99% of most player types.

It seems to me that we on the dark side all have problems with hard, fast loopers, when this battle is contained, then the army can march on to more victories! :lol:

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: 06 May 2009, 22:26 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

mozzy wrote:
It seems to me that we on the dark side all have problems with hard, fast loopers, when this battle is contained, then the army can march on to more victories! :lol:

Well said Mozzy! :wink:

I can handle a certain level of loop speed with the Palio. In fact, it really does have destructive effect when you get a loop back. There is just a certain speed when they do become unreturnable. I am now using Black Ox on the fast Gergely blade and I think its somewhere around the speed of the sponged red on the Cayman. I'm intending to switch it over to Bomb Talent soon, and will be able to make a direct comparison of these rubbers. My only issue will be what to try the BT on as I'm not sure taking my Palio off my Gergely will be a good idea, both from a mid-season and from a "will it rip" point of view.

PostPosted: 07 May 2009, 06:32 
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
mozzy wrote:

Well said Mozzy! :wink:

I can handle a certain level of loop speed with the Palio. In fact, it really does have destructive effect when you get a loop back. There is just a certain speed when they do become unreturnable. I am now using Black Ox on the fast Gergely blade and I think its somewhere around the speed of the sponged red on the Cayman. I'm intending to switch it over to Bomb Talent soon, and will be able to make a direct comparison of these rubbers. My only issue will be what to try the BT on as I'm not sure taking my Palio off my Gergely will be a good idea, both from a mid-season and from a "will it rip" point of view.

If it is any help Reb, i have tried my Palio ox on more blades than i can remember, it has come off no probs everytime and i am rough - just ask my missus! :wink: It is a very strong and durable strong rubber imho!

Also, do remember there are no guarantees in life! :roll:

PostPosted: 07 May 2009, 13:40 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

mozzy wrote:
Also, do remember there are no guarantees in life! :roll:

I hear ya brother! :wink: :cry:

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2010, 19:53 

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita
FH: Tenergy 80
BH: Feint Long III
Necroing this thread for some LP advice. :sweat:
I put Palio CK531A 0.6m red on my Galaxy T2 carbon blade.
My game is chop/block and float from close to table and heavy chopping away from the table. I somewhat succeeded to use it from away table chopping; close to table play was a disaster for me. The combo feels too much fast to land on the table and ball popped up frequently.
Now I am thinking of putting the LP on my Stiga OC and switch to more chopping style. Do you guys think it will be a good idea?