OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 11:03

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Mar 2009, 13:43 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
haggisv wrote:
and if you ever get a rubber stuck on the table, it will be much easier to remove... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Precisely! 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Mar 2009, 16:41 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Would anyone else like to contribute to this thread? I was hoping we could get few more home table reviews, as surely quite a number of us have tables at home?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Apr 2009, 16:25 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Bump :-

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Apr 2009, 17:00 
Super Looper
Super Looper

Well I got one from Ebay year and a half ago.Apart that since I have this table one wheel is crapy the rest is ok.
Brand I never heard of ShuangXing :!: Two pice on metal frame easy set up one person only 8 wheels
Its MDf 18mm top and has wery good bounce and feels quite fast to me.
I use table with robot for practise twice three times a week for period I got the table and surface is still wery good.I don't think that for home table people need to spend lots of money.
I paid for table 235$AU plus shiping 30$AU than.

PostPosted: 02 May 2009, 00:46 
Liquid Evil Chopper

I'm aiming to get a table by the end of the year and have started research. My current favourites are the Stiga Expert Roller or the Elite Roller, which are common in clubs and are ITTF approved. They're very easy to set up and costs approx AUD$1k. The Elite Roller is slightly cheaper so more value.

Chop til you drop baby!

PostPosted: 02 May 2009, 12:13 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

BB do you have ample space for a table or would it be a tight squeeze? The reason I ask is if you have limited space I'd suggest a cheaper table like I got as you'll find you don't get the most out of the table. And to be honest, even if I had more room, the table I have still would work just fine. Think of it this way, save money on the table...spend it on other TT gear. :twisted: :lol: :lol:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 07 May 2009, 16:26 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Beer Belly wrote:
I'm aiming to get a table by the end of the year and have started research. My current favourites are the Stiga Expert Roller or the Elite Roller, which are common in clubs and are ITTF approved. They're very easy to set up and costs approx AUD$1k. The Elite Roller is slightly cheaper so more value.

Wow, pretty expensive for a home table... they are very solid though, and will no doubt last a long time! We use the Expert Roller in our club.

Any more reviews of your own tables guys (using the suggested format earlier in this thread makes it easier) ?

PostPosted: 07 May 2009, 16:41 
Any Which Way You Can
Any Which Way You Can

If I have the space, I would certainly go for the Stiga Elite Roller. It is a very good and sturdy table very commonly used in clubs. I think A$1K for it is not all that expensive. I really envy you guys for having room for a table :mrgreen:

Cheers.

PostPosted: 08 May 2009, 04:55 
Dances with Spammers
Dances with Spammers

Blade: Darker Speed 90 Jpen
FH: Dawei Inspirit Quattro UL
Sadly, I have no room for a table in my house, its a big 4 bedroom house, drawing room, two dining rooms, two living rooms, but its all space used up. Otherwise I can get a Donic Delhi Competition quality Table for about 325 US dollars very easily, from the Pakistan Table Tennis Federation. They have a policy to import equipment and sell it cheap to promote the sort in the country. I have played on these tables at the club where I often play. They have a green top, are very sturdy, 1 inch thick top, wheels and very good bounce and speed. They are called Donic Delhi because they were used in the world championships when they were held in New Delhi in India, or was it the commonwealth games or Asian games, but def some high level international event like that. So there is no doubt these are among the best tables one can get. If I had space, I would have bought one by now.

Local Press Club (Journalists) Champion

The speed of a Rhino and the power of a Gazelle!!!!
http://xtrariter.blogspot.com

PostPosted: 08 May 2009, 09:53 
Liquid Evil Chopper

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
BB do you have ample space for a table or would it be a tight squeeze? The reason I ask is if you have limited space I'd suggest a cheaper table like I got as you'll find you don't get the most out of the table. And to be honest, even if I had more room, the table I have still would work just fine. Think of it this way, save money on the table...spend it on other TT gear. :twisted: :lol: :lol:

Reb- which table are you using? Good point on saving money...might invest $$ in a robot!

Chop til you drop baby!

PostPosted: 08 May 2009, 14:53 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Beer Belly wrote:
RebornTTEvnglist wrote:

Reb- which table are you using? Good point on saving money...might invest $$ in a robot!

Roll back to page 1 my friend, and all will be revealed. Go Ebay!!!

PostPosted: 15 May 2009, 23:43 
Liquid Evil Chopper

Hey Reb what do you think of this:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-PRO-SIZE-TAB ... 1|294%3A50

Chop til you drop baby!

PostPosted: 16 May 2009, 18:24 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

Double Fish 2015, made in China.

Table surface
This table has a matt blue surface, with painted-on lines. Thickness is
12mm
Frame (material, 2-piece or fold-up, sturdiness, roll-away or fixed, etc)
this table is steel framed, . Each half can be put up, and rolled away as a seperate piece. Wheels are pretty basic and don't look to strong.One half can be put up, to be used in play-back mode, which some people find useful. SEE COMMENT ON BOTTOM OF THE PAGE
Performance
Probably due to the thin surface, the bounce on this table is not much slower than a comp table, and fairly consistant. Serving practice is good and bounce and speed ok
Durability
The surface of this table has no warping after 1 year
Value for money
The cost of this table was around NZ$300 =$260 AUD, which I felt was decent value for the quality of table, It had a price of $600 at Rebel Sports but they had a one day half price sale. Table is good value for $300 but not any more (the sales pitch is used at World champs but its not the same tables used there)
*** Extra comment I think when they say a play back mode (IMO its a stupid thing as the play back should be past the end not at half way lol ie so unless you do no spin dribble it realy dosn't help and thanks to Haggis for the template

Table Tennis abbreviations, and acronyms

PostPosted: 18 May 2009, 07:56 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Thanks a lot rodderz!

PostPosted: 18 May 2009, 08:20 
Devil may cry
Devil may cry

@ BeerBelly - have a talk with bv, he got a table from paul. I know he sells fairly cheap tables and his store is next to you, so delivery should be free.
If its for home use than you dont need a expensive one. Just make sure you get a robot as well.
(so i could drop by :twisted: )

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!