OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 02 Mar 2021, 01:25

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2012, 21:45 
Super User

Lorre wrote:
cogito wrote:
No he returns this way also heavy spins. Then he is positioned farther away.

I think I didn't make myself clear about who I was talking. :oops: I was talking about the guy who put you on the trail of using the DTecs 1.6, not about your friend who changed from OX to 1.6 DTecs.

Exactly, this the guy I am speaking of above.

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2012, 07:55 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
cogito wrote:

:headbang: again. :lol: He must be using a lot of wrist then. I also know such a type of player: he's playing the 1.2 though, so it's possible.

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2015, 05:07 
Super User

Lorre wrote:
cogito wrote:

:headbang: again. :lol: He must be using a lot of wrist then. I also know such a type of player: he's playing the 1.2 though, so it's possible.

Hi Lorre :)

Whenever I've used LP I've always used 1mm or 0.9mm sponge. I've never used anything different.
If I was to try the DtecS on the JSH blade, should I get 0.9mm sponge? Or because it's one of the faster LP rubbers should I get the 0.5mm sponge?

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2021, 00:25 

Blade: BTY Joo
FH: D09C 2.1
BH: Grass D.Tecs 1.6
Hi ! I'm brand new on the forum ! I'm from France and my english is a disaster (mainly because I'm french...). I'm discovering this topic and it gave me the idea to assemble my old setup : the GDT 1.6 on a Joo blade. An old video :

Tomorrow, despite the covid crisis, I'm lucky to play in a private room, I can't wait ! I hope that the beast will be docile with this damn plastic ball ! See you !

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2021, 19:37 
Super User

BEWARE OF THE SUBSTANDARD RUBBERS.

TIBHAR D.TecS is an abreviation for Deuchland Technology with Samsonov. This long pips by Tibhar was first launched on market in 2003 and it has then been prolonged from 2013 till 2023. We learned from our inspectory testings that Tibhar has made some voluntary updates to the rubber formulation and pips geometry as well. It was noticed that the most latest batches of the D.Tecks rubber did not meet the T4 allowance of the pimples height, as being over 2.0 mm by total height.

WARNING.
You will be a conscious player to not use those "updated" Tibhar Grass D.TeckS for competitive play. We just instructed our racket control staff to keep up an alert eye on the Tibhar products during international events.

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2021, 19:31 

Blade: BTY Joo
FH: D09C 2.1
BH: Grass D.Tecs 1.6
I tried it 2 hours and it was really fun to play. Fast but fun, specially from a distance. Nothing really new. I'm asking myself if it's a good choice with the plastic ball... I'll try it again the next saturday ! :D