OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Jul 2020, 14:18

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78
PostPosted: 09 Jun 2020, 20:48 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Palio TS3
FH: Galaxy Jupiter II
BH: DMS Störkraft 1,6 mm
Last week I had more practice with Palio TS 3 and Störkraft 1,6 mm and I felt it had a little high arc, especially against no spin balls. Yesterday I tried the 1,2 mm version on that blade (fast carbon-titanium). Störkraft is a peculiar rubber... There was clearly less spin reversal on blocks with 1,2 mm compared to 1,6 mm, but also lower throw and better for attacking. But my opponents had no trouble looping many times against my blocks. This may be due to the speed, that it feels more easy to loop again when the ball approaches faster. But it was a big difference. So that was not a good match, and I felt very insecure with that fast combo.

Then I tried the 1,6 mm on the slightly faster and more lively, but still carbon and titanium, Palio TCT. That was a great match. Only problem is that the blade is a little heavy (about 10 grams heavier than TS 3) so I am not as fast at the table as with the TS3. But blocks were great and FH is a dream with TCT. Anyway, for me, with those kinds of blades, the 1,6 mm is clerarly the better option. The slower speed and softer feeling makes the back spin more pronounced, more lethal. And the slowness makes the timing more difficult for my opponents. But attacking back spin is not as good (but still good).

The quest for the perfect combination continues, but most variables are set to constants by now. Soon I have the formula for my perfect bat 8) . Now I will try to make my TCT a little lighter...

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2020, 05:51 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Today I tried lots of blades with Störkraft and SuperGlanti. To my surprise the carbon blades kind of killed the spin in most cases. I tried Palio Conqueror, TC7, TS3 and Galaxy T1s along with an old Stiga Clipper CR WRB and a Bty Petr Korbel (Gionis blade). Both Clipper and Korbel made blocked balls go low and controlled with lots of spin. The other ones may have kept the ball low but most of the spin was killed. Clipper was the best I think. But it is too slow for a 1.6 mm Störkraft. And too fast for 0.8 mm (we had no 1.2). I also tried Stiga Carbonado 190 and 90 but they were not as good as Clipper. 190 was really bad, almost no spin on blocks. This is relally odd...

For now I am slightly injures with pain in lower back and hip. I need to rest from ant real table tennis but I can stand at one spot and block or loop, but no movement sideways :(

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2020, 17:39 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

I still have a a slight injury in my back/hip but I can play almost normally as long as I don't move to fast sideways. So no step around and use FH from BH side. Aldo I need to be careful looping against back spin.

Last week I tried a new blade, a Palio V1. Double soft carbon layers on a 7 ply blade. Still only 79 gram so one of my lightest blades. It has a nice feel to it, controlled, and a little softer thsn my previous, but many gears so good speed when you hit hard. Clearly higher throw and more spin than the TS3. My opponents suddenly had more problems with my serves because of the spin.

And, it worked good with anti. 1.6 mm Störkraft was very slow but good spin reversal and ok throw angle. Ok against back spin but difficult against no spin. But it was clear that I need a blade that works with 1.2 mm, blocks with 1.6 mm are too high and attacking back spin is not good enough. TS3 does not work with 1.2 mm, too fast and it somehow kills the spin on blocks.

So, I then I removed the top sheet from the sponge and put it on an 1.2 mm (around 1.2 mm at least, not really sure). This worked ok on V1. Low angle on blocks, good for attacking back spin, nice back spin and not too fast, but I think there could be even better back spin.

So, since I have some spare time before I can train "for real" again I ordered some more blades (fron wookie i Sweden, same store from where I got the V1). I ordered 3 new Palio blades.
A1 (some kind of fast allround, 79 gram)
A2 (7 ply all wood, 80 gram)
Energy 05 (3 layers wood, 2 hard carbon, stiff and rather fast, 80 gram)
I was thinking about Energy 04 but the lightest was 86 gram, too much

Also, from another place, I ordered a Loki-blade, Violent 9, a 9-ply with carbon and Ebenholz as outer ply. It sound very promising :). The weight was 84 gram, so a little heavy but I got so curious.

But my recent findings indicates that stiffness is good but it should not be very hard. So perhaps softer outer ply on a light rigid blade that still has some speed. This is why I am interested in A2 and Clipper. If A2 works out there are other 7-ply I will try, like original Clipper, Andro Timber 7, Loki Violent 7 and 7RS.

This is for Störkraft 1.2 mm. Not sure if this goes for the other thicknesses ..

Actually, if all goes well I will have all 4 new blades today and perhaps I can try them today as well :).

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2020, 17:59 

Blade: Xiom Icecream AZX
FH: Vo>102 1.8mm
BH: Strörkraft 1.2mm
Looking for your test with the ebony blade !

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2020, 08:28 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Ebony blade no good. It killed the spin. Nice blade though, but not for anti. Tve new carbon blade Palio Energy 05 also killed the spin. Palio A1 was ok, a 6 ply blade. Palio A2 was better, a 7 ply blade. But none of them was as good as Palio V1.

Then I tested a Stiga Clipper wood, no WRB, no CR. 83 gram felt a little heavy but very nice and solid, still some dampening.

It works great with 1.2 mm Störkraft, although a little fast. Palio V1 is a little more controlled, flat arc but a little less back spin. I guess any rigid 7 layer wood with a rather soft outer ply works. But I will probably settle for a Clipper now for this season. If I try to find a better 7 ply than Clipper I will have to search for a long time I guess :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78