OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 15:42

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dr. Neubauer ABS2
PostPosted: 23 May 2019, 05:36 

Please is it possible to remove abs 2 form blade??? My wrinkle when I tried. How do you do it?

PostPosted: 23 May 2019, 09:28 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate
FH: DrN Dominance Spin Hard
BH: DrN Troublemaker 0.5
Vadim wrote:
Please is it possible to remove abs 2 form blade??? My wrinkle when I tried. How do you do it?

It actually starts with the right way of gluing it which means that you apply glue on both the blade and the sticky glue sheet on top of the sponge as the instructions say. I use rubber cement for this because it is much easier to remove so I can't speak for what you do with WBG. When using rubber cement and I want to remove the rubber I use acetone (can be purchased at home depot) in a syringe with a thin needle. Apply the acetone slowly between blade and sponge which dissolves the glue and you can then slowly and subsequently lift the rubber off the blade. You can use a plastic spatula or an old credit card to help with lifting it off. I have read on the Noppentest forum that people who use WBG (which you can't simply dissolve) also used a credit card to successfully lift the rubber off the blade without any wrinkles. I hope this helps!

PostPosted: 23 May 2019, 12:22 

Spasibo! Too bad I don't know this before...

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2019, 08:34 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Dawei 388d1 ox/ BT ox???
Tonight I have trained with a semi pro player that plays in two countries .I used ABS2 in 2.5 mm on Thibar Samsonov Premium Contact, FH Spinlord Sandwind 1.5 .

Firstly, I must say I adapted really quickly to the Flanti. Great low, short blocks or mid distance ones had to be returned with an easy ball to attack.Attacking backspin was really easy for me . The only drawback was that I could not get too much speed when pushing no spin balls or sidewiping. ABS 2 in 2.5 is easy to control and really safe. I had a really great time .

Thibar SPC has enough speed for my FH and it seems it is fantastic to block with the anti .Maybe I was able to block low and short due to this blade .I watched Def Attack's video on Abs 2 Soft and I have the impression his Stiga Carbonado may have had a great impact on the distance of the blocks .

My high level partner said ABS 2 was hard to play against and really effective .Not being able to live on the anti game , the attack with the inverted yielded me a lot of points. I twiddled and attacked with Sandwind on the BH ; this change caught my opponet by surprise with no time to react .

Also, The Thibar blade was splendid for blocking with the Sandwind. Those who use LP could try this blade as well . I know it plays great with pips since a friend of mine has been using it for years with success .

Next Friday I will be testing ABS2 soft on Nittaku Ludeack .They say the soft version is even better, so with a glamorous , classy blade like Ludeack , my training session will be swanky :lol:

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2019, 06:17 
Super User

@ Char def: thanks for your report and I agree with your findings with ABS2 2.5 I'm looking forward to your comparison with ABS2 soft which I have not tested yet.
I have recently played with ABS2 2.3 and found it to play slightly more direct than 2.5 with the same great control and ability to block short but maybe slightly better attacking. But we are talking about nuances here.

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2019, 07:46 
Super User

Matt Pimple wrote:
@ Char def: thanks for your report and I agree with your findings with ABS2 2.5 I'm looking forward to your comparison with ABS2 soft which I have not tested yet.
I have recently played with ABS2 2.3 and found it to play slightly more direct than 2.5 with the same great control and ability to block short but maybe slightly better attacking. But we are talking about nuances here.

Hi, Matt !!
Yes, you are very right ; Abs 2 in 2.3 must be surely better at attacking and I think if the blade you use is off, chances are the aggressive play will improve a lot .I find ALL + or OFF - too slow to be used with ABS 2 in 2.5 mm if you want to improve your attacking possibilities .

With Nittaku Ludeack , which is a bit stiifer than Grubba all + and Thibar Samsonov P. C.,the performance of ABS 2, 2.5 will be better .

You were so right in other posts.ABS 2 in 2.5 blocks well, enough reversal-although nothing extreme-, very safe to use, so those who change to Flanti will never go wrong with this rubber, and should never be afraid of missing the table on blocks, just train your technique to block lower .I attacked back spin all right, but as I mentioned before, the pushes and sidewipes lacked speed . :sweat: ; I think with an off blade this little problem should be solved .

I have changed my plans a little bit and I will be testing ABS 2 soft in 2.5 a bit later because I got the DMS rubbers ( Scandal and Reflection ) earlier than The doc's .

So the next three training sessions will be with Scandal plus a tournament this coming weekend .It is important to test now in real tournaments and against high level players- in the week it is just train as much as posible-.

ABS 2 soft in 2.5 has already good reviews on the German forum, so we can expect improvements in the game when we test it . :)

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2019, 11:05 
Super User

charmander defender wrote:
Hi, Matt !!
Yes, you are very right ; Abs 2 in 2.3 must be surely better at attacking and I think if the blade you use is off, chances are the aggressive play will improve a lot .I find ALL + or OFF - too slow to be used with ABS 2 in 2.5 mm if you want to improve your attacking possibilities .

Char Def, I would rate my blade as Off- so it's not too fast really. I used to play faster carbon blades but found this to be much more controlled and consistent. I can still carry out aggressive pushes with ABS2 in 2.3 or 2.5 with my Off- but you have to take the ball off the bounce and go into it very aggressively and also move the body weight forward.

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2019, 23:02 
Super User

Matt Pimple wrote:
charmander defender wrote:
Hi, Matt !!

Char Def, I would rate my blade as Off- so it's not too fast really. I used to play faster carbon blades but found this to be much more controlled and consistent. I can still carry out aggressive pushes with ABS2 in 2.3 or 2.5 with my Off- but you have to take the ball off the bounce and go into it very aggressively and also move the body weight forward.

Yes,you are right!! I have to be more aggressive as you say, especially moving the body weight forward.ABS 2 in 2.5 is slow so is Scandal , so it is a must to be really aggressive in pushes or sidewipes. I watched Amir videos and he does the technique as you say ,however, I think an off blade can help in the aggressiveness if the technique is not on point yet . ;)

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2020, 08:34 

Blade: Nittaku Ludeack
FH: Spinlord Dornenglanz OX
BH: Hurricane 3 Neo
I have both Abs 2 2.5mm and Dms reflection 0.9mm. The ABS 2 is faster even tho I have the slowest version. Easier to control than reflection. More preditable low blocks. Coming from long pips the feel is more similar.

Blog (Ramblings of an ordinary penholder...): http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=32694

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2020, 04:50 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
When I started to transition between long pips to anti I also tried the ABS2. Compared to the DMS rubbers, while the Dr N are probably easier to control, a little better for attacking and less touchy when it comes to blade angle, they are not close to the DMS rubbers (notably Scandal) in terms of how slow they are and the amount of reversal that they get.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2021, 10:51 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
Edit, wrong rubber. I played the soft version. Adding it to the correct thread.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2021, 05:23 

Blade: Stiga Carbonado 190
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z2
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS
share some love to the good old neubauer ABS...i'm still using it after 6 years. ;)

Last edited by Pongista92 on 19 Aug 2021, 00:11, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2021, 17:07 
Super User

Blade: Donic Defplay Senso
FH: Mark V HPS 2.0
BH: Dtecs OX
Pongista92 wrote:
share some love to the good old neubauer ABS...i'm still using it after 6 years. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2cnO8M ... ndreaAschi

How long does your anti spin usually last? Also how many hours you play per week?

I've subscribed already too love the channel :up:

My Vlog / Blog
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=32572

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2021, 17:16 

Blade: Stiga Carbonado 190
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z2
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS
Ndragon wrote:
Pongista92 wrote:

How long does your anti spin usually last? Also how many hours you play per week?

Hi Dragon! I never changed my topsheet. It's always the same.
After all it's an antitop. the more consumed the better! ;)

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2021, 18:54 
Super User

Blade: Donic Defplay Senso
FH: Mark V HPS 2.0
BH: Dtecs OX
Pongista92 wrote:
Ndragon wrote:
Pongista92 wrote:

Hi Dragon! I never changed my topsheet. It's always the same.
After all it's an antitop. the more consumed the better! ;)

I guess I was really unlucky with my ABS2 EVO then. Got 2 brown spots within 2 months ;(

My Vlog / Blog
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=32572

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next