OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Aug 2019, 08:57

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2019, 08:40 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC Leo-P
FH: JOOLA Express Ultra
BH: DMS ELITE LONG OX LP
dwruck wrote:
Wow, this sounds interesting...have you tried Trouble Maker? If so, how would you compare them. It sounds like Elite Long might be faster.
I'm sure you've seen my enthusiastic posts in the recent TM thread. I'm on my 4th sheet of TM but find that it doesn't stand up to my unconventional Ann Alvarez grip because it delams from its glue sheet under my finger and thumb contact points. As for speed comparison, TM is fairly slow for an OX LP and ELITE LONG isn't, so EL is faster. If you want to chop or hit (or by some strange coincidence, use my oddball grip) then you'd probably prefer the ELITE LONG. If you want to easily control the ball, pushing it (and your opponent) around the table at will, choose the TM.

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2019, 22:04 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Donic Defplay Senso V3
FH: Tibhar Evolution MX-P 1.9
BH: DrN Trouble Maker OX
Thanks Nathanso. It's interesting you mention the problem with the sheet coming apart from the glue sheet on the TM. I have a bit of a cross between shakehand and Seemiller style grip and my index finger rests on the rubber, just below the pips. I, too, have had the same problem. If there's one piece of feedback I'd have for them about the rubber, it would be to make the bond between the glue sheet and rubber to be stronger. I've considered just cutting out that portion, but then I don't know if the rubber would technically be "legal", even though it would have no effect on the play as it never would come in contact with the ball. I think I prefer having the slower speed option, so I'll stick with TM for now and just deal with trying to stick the rubber back down and straighten it out from time to time.

FH Rubber: Tibhar Evolution MX-P 1.9
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer Trouble Maker OX

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2019, 23:45 

Blade: TSP Trinity Carbon
FH: Joola Golden Tango 1.8mm
BH: Tibhar Grass Detecs OX
Today I tried this . It was in my friends blade. It was very good OX LP for attacking. It made me play so offensive game or was it my friends oFF blade? Dont know but I immiditly ordered one for me also. I felt it much better for me to play than Troublemaker. I think this LP OX is made for offensive game?

Soba

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2019, 00:33 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

I might have to give this a try. I really like the Trouble Maker, and it's good for attacking, but I've always liked to attack with my long pips, and it's a big part of my game, so I'm thinking it deserves a shot. I think in today's game, having that attacking possibility is even more important than ever, with the reduced amount of reversal.

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2019, 20:57 

Blade: TSP Trinity Carbon
FH: Joola Golden Tango 1.8mm
BH: Tibhar Grass Detecs OX
dwruck wrote:
I might have to give this a try. I really like the Trouble Maker, and it's good for attacking, but I've always liked to attack with my long pips, and it's a big part of my game, so I'm thinking it deserves a shot. I think in today's game, having that attacking possibility is even more important than ever, with the reduced amount of reversal.

I think after all the changes with balls and pimples by ITTF has made this reversal so low that its not so important nowdays. I think that placements and differences of pace is more important?

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2019, 22:36 
Super User

Blade: Deluxe Carbon
FH: Sandwind 1.5
BH: Scandal/ Reflection 0.9
Soba wrote:
dwruck wrote:

I think after all the changes with balls and pimples by ITTF has made this reversal so low that its not so important nowdays. I think that placements and differences of pace is more important?

.... and also, use the inverted in the middle of the rally,.... , which makes them think, then, they get lost :lol:

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2019, 23:27 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

I agree with that strategy, try to mix up spin with pips as much as possible to create that confusion and force them to have to adjust to the different pace.

I do have to say, the Trouble Maker does attack very well. Yesterday at the club I beat a player rated over 2000 thanks mainly to some nasty hits with it. It doesn't overpower people, like it sounds like the Elite Long can maybe do with its speed, but the TM is very flat and dead and is almost always dumped into the net.

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2019, 03:31 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Re-impact Tachi + (ABS)
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G-1 1.4mm
BH: Death Metal OX
Has anyone had an opportunity to test how good/bad these pips are at passive blocking? I saw some passive blocks in some video reviews, and it looked like the ball stays low and produces no-spin balls, but I can't know for sure how much reversal is generated compared to other pips. If anyone has any insight into that, would be great to know.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft 1.8mm; BH: Joola Badman Reloaded OX
V. Victas Koji Matsushita; FH: Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft 1.8mm; BH: TSP P-1R 1.0-1.3mm
USATT Rating: 2037

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2019, 02:45 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC Leo-P
FH: JOOLA Express Ultra
BH: DMS ELITE LONG OX LP
I'm using Elite Long OX red in my left handed training on my club's robot. Since a passive block is about all I can muster right now, left handed, I can tell you that I'm seeing plenty of reversal coming off this LP when fielding incoming topspin. The ball is easy to control and keep low. I haven't tried against loops yet.

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2019, 03:07 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Re-impact Tachi + (ABS)
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G-1 1.4mm
BH: Death Metal OX
Interesting. Might need to try it out.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft 1.8mm; BH: Joola Badman Reloaded OX
V. Victas Koji Matsushita; FH: Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft 1.8mm; BH: TSP P-1R 1.0-1.3mm
USATT Rating: 2037