OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 17 Nov 2019, 21:38

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2019, 05:53 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: TSP Balsa 3.5 DEF+
FH: Xiom Omega IV Asia 2.0
BH: Xiom Vega Europe 2.0/Max
I also love tack chop and TSP triple spin, but I think those are different than Reflectoid and 729 Fx in that they are always slow. Good for defense, less so for offense. In 1mm though, I imagine the offense is roughly the same. I use 1.5mm...

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2019, 14:50 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: Grubba ALL+
FH: Reflectoid 1mm
BH: DG ox, TM ox
Japsican wrote:
I also love tack chop and TSP triple spin, but I think those are different than Reflectoid and 729 Fx in that they are always slow. Good for defense, less so for offense. In 1mm though, I imagine the offense is roughly the same. I use 1.5mm...

I love Tackiness Chop also. It's great for blocking. Higher throw than Reflectoid, which I'm not sure if I like or not. Tried TSP Triple Spin a long time ago and thought it was just like Tibhar Super 40 Defense.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

No matter how good you are at something, there's always about a million people better than you.
Homer J. Simpson

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2019, 04:31 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all+
FH: Moristo DF 1.2 :)))
BH: DG ox/Globe 979 ox
https://es.aliexpress.com/item/32388799 ... lsrc=aw.ds

It seems this black one in 1.00 might be the option you are looking for . At least , it is cheap though.
Maybe, I could try it out as well. Thank you Japsi!!! :) :)

I also found good reviews on tt11 : https://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng ... bluesponge

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2019, 05:05 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: Grubba ALL+
FH: Reflectoid 1mm
BH: DG ox, TM ox
charmander defender wrote:
https://es.aliexpress.com/item/32388799591.html?src=google&src=google&albch=shopping&acnt=494-037-6276&isdl=y&slnk=&plac=&mtctp=&albbt=Google_7_shopping&aff_platform=google&aff_short_key=UneMJZVf&&albagn=888888&albcp=1633820309&albag=63890294393&trgt=743612850874&crea=es32388799591&netw=u&device=c&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9pb4rqXb5QIVkEDTCh3YcgcZEAQYASABEgLMdPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

It seems this black one in 1.00 might be the option you are looking for . At least , it is cheap though.
Maybe, I could try it out as well. Thank you Japsi!!! :) :)

I also found good reviews on tt11 : https://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng ... bluesponge

Definitely will try it.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

No matter how good you are at something, there's always about a million people better than you.
Homer J. Simpson

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2019, 05:39 

If you click on my link below (comprehensive thin inverted) that’s a good list to look at. Time to refresh it too.

Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2019, 09:07 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all+
FH: Moristo DF 1.2 :)))
BH: DG ox/Globe 979 ox
Japsican wrote:
If you click on my link below (comprehensive thin inverted) that’s a good list to look at. Time to refresh it too.

On your list ,Nittaku Moristo DEF 1.2 / 1.4 / 1.8

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2019, 14:56 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Japsican wrote:
Mnnb, without a doubt you must try 729FX large pore blue sponge. It too is a weird rubber like reflectoid in that it is forgiving in some strokes, dampening (depending), great for pushes and chops without too much pace, but can be deadly on offense depending on your technique. It’s also cheaper... I think reflectoid is a bit tackier though.

IMO it’s the most forgiving chopping rubber ever...kind of a “squishy “ feel which I like..., yet faster on offense then Reflectoid, but less dampening on passive strokes, but not by much.

I will likely invert eventually to 729FX full time. Available on aliexpess and places like that.

Out of curiosity.. how close (or different) is Reflectoid to 729 Super FX? Is it tacky?

It turns out 729 was OEMing Reflectoid (you can read the details elsewhere).

Iskandar

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2019, 23:33 

iskandar taib wrote:
Japsican wrote:
Mnnb, without a doubt you must try 729FX large pore blue sponge. It too is a weird rubber like reflectoid in that it is forgiving in some strokes, dampening (depending), great for pushes and chops without too much pace, but can be deadly on offense depending on your technique. It’s also cheaper... I think reflectoid is a bit tackier though.

IMO it’s the most forgiving chopping rubber ever...kind of a “squishy “ feel which I like..., yet faster on offense then Reflectoid, but less dampening on passive strokes, but not by much.

I will likely invert eventually to 729FX full time. Available on aliexpess and places like that.

Out of curiosity.. how close (or different) is Reflectoid to 729 Super FX? Is it tacky?

It turns out 729 was OEMing Reflectoid (you can read the details elsewhere).

Iskandar

I saw that thread.

They are similar in some ways very similar and very different in others. The sponges are different. The large pored 729 sponge, I believe is a custom sponge or non-OEM deal done by the people selling them on Ali/Eacheng. It's blue on black topsheets, red on the red topsheets. The quality and adhesion is factory comparable (topsheet to sponge), but the large pores give it a lot of forgiveness for chopping. It can also make it relatively fast for looping, especially in thicker sizes (as you experienced). So, given the sponges are completely different, it's definitely not OEM'd re-versioning of reflectoid.

Also, the topsheets have a different quality and I believe the pips to be taller in reflectoid (I'd have to look at the 729 to confirm, I'm just going off playing impressions). I think it's the tallish pips on dampening sponge that makes reflectoid special...which gives it dampening properties on passive strokes, but some spring on active attacking strokes. I think the 729 kind of mimics that "two-faced" feeling some defenders seek, but through use of the porous thin sponge. The thinness curbs the speed on passive or defensive strokes while the larger pores give it some umph on offense. It's not an identical feeling, but similar.

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2019, 17:19 

Blade: DHS Long 5
FH: DHS H3 Neo prov blue spon
BH: Rasanter R 42
Try the Friendship Bloom spin in 1.5mm!

Supertacky, deadly backspin on chops and pushes........ :devil: