OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 04 Jun 2020, 15:21

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2020, 04:17 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm2AsArwGcI
Yo se hyuk
Tenergy 05 1,7 red
Grass Dtecs OX black

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypwbmy5Z6qE
VKM
Tibhar 5Q max black
Gras Dtecs OX red

My son and his friend play with Tibhar Grass Dtecs OX and can stand against better players ;)

PostPosted: 23 May 2020, 18:37 
My Precious

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Joola Golden Tango
BH: Tibhar Dtecs OX
I've been a fan of the Tibhar Grass Dtecs red OX for a long time but because I'm always looking to improve I changed to Dr N Troublemaker red OX & persevered with it for quite a long time. :headbang: It was slower which I liked :?: but I couldn't get the spin reversal or the wobble & I decided I preferred the extra speed so now my main blade setup is the Dtecs red OX on my BH :up: :*: :clap:

See the ball, be the ball...

PostPosted: 23 May 2020, 18:58 
Super User

I've played with the D.tecs quite a bit (borrowed from various club-mates), and really like it..

After playing with atleast 6 different LPs, I finally got myself the D.tecs, but then the darn virus pissed-all over my plans ... Can't wait to get back to playing, especially with the D.tecs... Along with the D.tecs, I also got myself DG ... Anyway, the lockdown has given me enough time to consider what blade to mount both LPs on ... I've narrowed down, on either TSP Trinity Carbon or Donic Waldner Senso (Ultra??) Carbon for the DG... However, I'm still confused bout what blade to mount the D.tecs on... I prefer an All/All+, but it has to thin and light (<=82gms)... The only blade, I'm leaning towards is the Stiga Allround Classic

Setup 4 : XVT Black Knight 7 Blade Palio Ak-47 Red Max 45° - 47° Max (Black) Dawei 388D OX (Red)
Setup 5 : Butterfly Joyner-H Blade (Black Metal Tag) Palio AK-47 Yellow Max (Black) Yasaka Mark V Max (Red)
Setup 6 : 729 C-5 Blade Reactor Corbor Max (Black) Palio CK531A 0.6mm (Red)

PostPosted: 23 May 2020, 23:40 
My Precious

ootbs wrote:
I've played with the D.tecs quite a bit (borrowed from various club-mates), and really like it..

After playing with atleast 6 different LPs, I finally got myself the D.tecs, but then the darn virus pissed-all over my plans ... Can't wait to get back to playing, especially with the D.tecs... Along with the D.tecs, I also got myself DG ... Anyway, the lockdown has given me enough time to consider what blade to mount both LPs on ... I've narrowed down, on either TSP Trinity Carbon or Donic Waldner Senso (Ultra??) Carbon for the DG... However, I'm still confused bout what blade to mount the D.tecs on... I prefer an All/All+, but it has to thin and light (<=82gms)... The only blade, I'm leaning towards is the Stiga Allround Classic

Hi "ootbs" as you can see I really like the Trinity Carbon which is light & thin all my blades have weighed in there low 70gms one was actually just under 70gms so perfect for the D.tecs :up: :clap:

PostPosted: 24 May 2020, 00:47 
Super User

Gollum wrote:
ootbs wrote:

Hi "ootbs" as you can see I really like the Trinity Carbon which is light & thin all my blades have weighed in there low 70gms one was actually just under 70gms so perfect for the D.tecs :up: :clap:

Yes, I think it was your reviews (in part) that's drawing me towards this blade..

I've never played with this blade.. So, if I get it, it'll be a blind bet for me ... The blade is rated around OFF ... and the DG is supposed to be slower than D.tecs, so I feel that it'd be a better match with this blade... D.tecs is on the faster-side, and although, it'd probably give me above-average reversal & funk, if paired with a blade like Trinity Carbon, I'm concerned about the control aspect...

Also, Trinity Carbon seems to be out of production, so availability is an issue. I've seen new ones on Sale, only at the OOAK Shop, but I don't think they ship to where I am... I've managed to find someone in France, who'll willing to sell & ship a barely-used blade... The deal was almost done, but then COVID happened..

Setup 4 : XVT Black Knight 7 Blade Palio Ak-47 Red Max 45° - 47° Max (Black) Dawei 388D OX (Red)
Setup 5 : Butterfly Joyner-H Blade (Black Metal Tag) Palio AK-47 Yellow Max (Black) Yasaka Mark V Max (Red)

PostPosted: 24 May 2020, 00:56 

Blade: DMS Wizard
FH: Tibhar MX-P
BH: Tibhar D.TecS
My advice would be to consider a very slow blade if you plan on playing active with D.TecS. I’ve probably tried 9-10 different blades (everything from JSH to IF ALC to VKM to Stiga Defensive) but have finally settled for a balsa blade. My hit rate when hitting through backspin has gone up massively. Speed has gone down but the funk is still there.

PostPosted: 24 May 2020, 01:40 
Super User

mart1nandersson wrote:
My advice would be to consider a very slow blade if you plan on playing active with D.TecS. I’ve probably tried 9-10 different blades (everything from JSH to IF ALC to VKM to Stiga Defensive) but have finally settled for a balsa blade. My hit rate when hitting through backspin has gone up massively. Speed has gone down but the funk is still there.

Yep... I've played with the Stiga Allround Classic & D.tecs combo, and I think it'd work well for me ... A notch faster and light would work too ..

PostPosted: 24 May 2020, 12:29 
My Precious

Gentlemen I assure you that the batch of Trinity carbon that are available from the Ooak TT shop are lighter & slower than what they normally are that's why I purchased them & I've actually have four of them with different setups. For me firstly you get the blade that feels like an extension of your body then you vary the rubbers to suit your style :*: :up:

PostPosted: 24 May 2020, 19:28 
Super User

Gollum wrote:
Gentlemen I assure you that the batch of Trinity carbon that are available from the Ooak TT shop are lighter & slower than what they normally are that's why I purchased them & I've actually have four of them with different setups. For me firstly you get the blade that feels like an extension of your body then you vary the rubbers to suit your style :*: :up:

yep, but the additional shipping-costs, and duties make it very prohibitive ..