OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:16

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2020, 04:17 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm2AsArwGcI
Yo se hyuk
Tenergy 05 1,7 red
Grass Dtecs OX black

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypwbmy5Z6qE
VKM
Tibhar 5Q max black
Gras Dtecs OX red

My son and his friend play with Tibhar Grass Dtecs OX and can stand against better players ;)

PostPosted: 23 May 2020, 18:37 
My Precious

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Joola Golden Tango
BH: Tibhar Dtecs OX
I've been a fan of the Tibhar Grass Dtecs red OX for a long time but because I'm always looking to improve I changed to Dr N Troublemaker red OX & persevered with it for quite a long time. :headbang: It was slower which I liked :?: but I couldn't get the spin reversal or the wobble & I decided I preferred the extra speed so now my main blade setup is the Dtecs red OX on my BH :up: :*: :clap:

See the ball, be the ball...

PostPosted: 23 May 2020, 18:58 
Super User

I've played with the D.tecs quite a bit (borrowed from various club-mates), and really like it..

After playing with atleast 6 different LPs, I finally got myself the D.tecs, but then the darn virus pissed-all over my plans ... Can't wait to get back to playing, especially with the D.tecs... Along with the D.tecs, I also got myself DG ... Anyway, the lockdown has given me enough time to consider what blade to mount both LPs on ... I've narrowed down, on either TSP Trinity Carbon or Donic Waldner Senso (Ultra??) Carbon for the DG... However, I'm still confused bout what blade to mount the D.tecs on... I prefer an All/All+, but it has to thin and light (<=82gms)... The only blade, I'm leaning towards is the Stiga Allround Classic

PostPosted: 23 May 2020, 23:40 
My Precious

ootbs wrote:
I've played with the D.tecs quite a bit (borrowed from various club-mates), and really like it..

After playing with atleast 6 different LPs, I finally got myself the D.tecs, but then the darn virus pissed-all over my plans ... Can't wait to get back to playing, especially with the D.tecs... Along with the D.tecs, I also got myself DG ... Anyway, the lockdown has given me enough time to consider what blade to mount both LPs on ... I've narrowed down, on either TSP Trinity Carbon or Donic Waldner Senso (Ultra??) Carbon for the DG... However, I'm still confused bout what blade to mount the D.tecs on... I prefer an All/All+, but it has to thin and light (<=82gms)... The only blade, I'm leaning towards is the Stiga Allround Classic

Hi "ootbs" as you can see I really like the Trinity Carbon which is light & thin all my blades have weighed in there low 70gms one was actually just under 70gms so perfect for the D.tecs :up: :clap:

PostPosted: 24 May 2020, 00:47 
Super User

Gollum wrote:
ootbs wrote:

Hi "ootbs" as you can see I really like the Trinity Carbon which is light & thin all my blades have weighed in there low 70gms one was actually just under 70gms so perfect for the D.tecs :up: :clap:

Yes, I think it was your reviews (in part) that's drawing me towards this blade..

I've never played with this blade.. So, if I get it, it'll be a blind bet for me ... The blade is rated around OFF ... and the DG is supposed to be slower than D.tecs, so I feel that it'd be a better match with this blade... D.tecs is on the faster-side, and although, it'd probably give me above-average reversal & funk, if paired with a blade like Trinity Carbon, I'm concerned about the control aspect...

Also, Trinity Carbon seems to be out of production, so availability is an issue. I've seen new ones on Sale, only at the OOAK Shop, but I don't think they ship to where I am... I've managed to find someone in France, who'll willing to sell & ship a barely-used blade... The deal was almost done, but then COVID happened..

PostPosted: 24 May 2020, 00:56 
Super User

Blade: BTY Viscaria
FH: Tibhar MX-P
BH: Tibhar D.TecS
My advice would be to consider a very slow blade if you plan on playing active with D.TecS. I’ve probably tried 9-10 different blades (everything from JSH to IF ALC to VKM to Stiga Defensive) but have finally settled for a balsa blade. My hit rate when hitting through backspin has gone up massively. Speed has gone down but the funk is still there.

PostPosted: 24 May 2020, 01:40 
Super User

mart1nandersson wrote:
My advice would be to consider a very slow blade if you plan on playing active with D.TecS. I’ve probably tried 9-10 different blades (everything from JSH to IF ALC to VKM to Stiga Defensive) but have finally settled for a balsa blade. My hit rate when hitting through backspin has gone up massively. Speed has gone down but the funk is still there.

Yep... I've played with the Stiga Allround Classic & D.tecs combo, and I think it'd work well for me ... A notch faster and light would work too ..

PostPosted: 24 May 2020, 12:29 
My Precious

Gentlemen I assure you that the batch of Trinity carbon that are available from the Ooak TT shop are lighter & slower than what they normally are that's why I purchased them & I've actually have four of them with different setups. For me firstly you get the blade that feels like an extension of your body then you vary the rubbers to suit your style :*: :up:

PostPosted: 24 May 2020, 19:28 
Super User

Gollum wrote:
Gentlemen I assure you that the batch of Trinity carbon that are available from the Ooak TT shop are lighter & slower than what they normally are that's why I purchased them & I've actually have four of them with different setups. For me firstly you get the blade that feels like an extension of your body then you vary the rubbers to suit your style :*: :up:

yep, but the additional shipping-costs, and duties make it very prohibitive ..

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2020, 20:54 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
Can anyone advise the difference in speed, control etc between DtecS 0.9mm and 1.2mm sponge.

Also how does age and use affect it as regard speed grip , control etc.?

I have been trying out a fairly old sheet of 1.2 black and want to get an idea what to expect if a I buy a new sheet

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2020, 21:44 
Super User

Blade: BTY Viscaria
FH: Tibhar MX-P
BH: Tibhar D.TecS
ChasFox wrote:
Can anyone advise the difference in speed, control etc between DtecS 0.9mm and 1.2mm sponge.

I have been trying out a fairly old sheet of 1.2 black and want to get an idea what to expect if a I buy a new sheet

I've only used OX and 0.5mm but the grip in the top sheet is reduced quite a bit after 30-40h of use. Hitting with a brand new sheet is much easier compared to a sheet that's been used for a few months. Speed doesn't seem to change at all.

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2020, 03:51 
Sitting on Defence
Sitting on Defence

Blade: TSP Trinity Carbon
FH: Tibhar MX-S 2.0mm
BH: Viper 0.5mm
ChasFox wrote:

I can only compare the 1.2mm sponge to the 0.5mm, but I imagine the differences will be similar, albeit to a lesser degree. The 1.2mm sponge will have less reversal and "pips effect" but will have a higher potential for spin variation and more "oompf" for chopping heavy loops off the table. Control for table play and service reception is slightly tougher with the thicker sponge. The 0.9mm will feel a little more controlled and may get a bit more passive reversal at the table.

At the end of the day, one isn't necessarily better than the other, it's just a matter of trade-offs.

Personalized Online Performance Coaching for Table Tennis now available!

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2020, 04:35 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

JUST A PALLIATIVE.
Japan older folks would never betake to LP Rubber to play. It all because Japanese seniors all possesing strong legs and muscular body stature.
LP is much like a palliative medicine that does not work for long.

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2020, 18:32 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Certain Russian older folks, on the other hand... "betake" to posting weird, untrue and irrelevant stuff on forums.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2020, 23:37 

Blade: Baricade
FH: Butterfly Super Anti
BH: Lion International
I've played with Dtecs ox for many years previously but always struggled playing my offensive style consistently. I then tried many other combinations and developed the attacking skills with the pips.

I now have one of my main setups with the Dtecs on a viscaria copy blade. I had an old unopened Dtecs from my previous playing years and stuck that on. With the plastic ball I'm finding it much more effective to attack with. I do use it predominantly on my forehand and am finding great success with it. I really prefer attacking instead of being too passive even though in defence it's really good as well. The feeling I get is when I attack the opponent, is more satisfying since they are not in control of the point and are forced to defend or try to rally with a long pips player. Highly frustrating for offensive players.

So it depends on what style of play you have. Ive used this sheet for about 40 - 50 hours and the feeling is still rather consistent in grip and speed. I find this pips good for zones 1 and 2. I don't have much space to play in zone 3 due to the lock down but I know from previous experience with celluloid ball that the long chops were decent but not brilliant. After lock down I'll test zone 3 with the plastic ball.