OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:56

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2020, 11:26 

What are your experiences and thoughts on these three blades? I want to buy one of them for my first carbon blade but the reviews so far make them seem very similar. I kind of want the blade with the most speed. Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon, Yasaka Ma Lin Soft Carbon and Yasaka Extra Offensive 7 Power

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2020, 14:29 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

If the reviews say they are, chances are they ARE very similar. :lol: Which one costs least? Or (since they're all from the same manufacturer), which has the slowest speed rating of the three (as published by Yasaka)? I'd go with that one.

Incidentally.. have you ever tried picking a rubber (or a blade) based on manufacturers' advertising blurbs? :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2020, 14:44 

iskandar taib wrote:
If the reviews say they are, chances are they ARE very similar. :lol: Which one costs least? Or (since they're all from the same manufacturer), which has the slowest speed rating of the three (as published by Yasaka)? I'd go with that one.

Incidentally.. have you ever tried picking a rubber (or a blade) based on manufacturers' advertising blurbs? :lol:

Iskandar

Amazingly they each cost exactly the same (60 USD). In order from fastest to slowest it's EO7P, MLC and MLSC. Trusting the blurbs would be a very risky affair :D

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2020, 01:36 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I'd go with the slowest one, myself...

The problem with the advertising blurbs isn't whether you believe them or not, it's because they don't actually tell you anything that would be useful in choosing one rubber over the next. Here's an example (Sanwei T88 Taiji): "After many times testing, the new version TAIJI could offer to you stable control of ball even though the player doesn't have accurate gestural skill. It could give to you clear force feedback and smooth transfer of power, which makes the speed of ball from blade to table (First Speed) performs as good as German made rubber. The new version TAIJI contains tension inside, after attaching with inorganic glue, it could make great success rate of getting on board, forceful and stable effect on backhand playing."

Haifu Shark III: "This product is a truly combination of speed, flexibility, strength and stability. especially when it is touched by balls, its energy and speed can break out immediately. Product features: This product is characterized by good flexibility, high speed and better elasticity which is especially fit for short court backhand attack, fast topspin drive, middle court topspin drive and fast topspin. meanwhile, at back court, with more elasticity an strength it can be controlled even more easily."

So which one to buy? :lol: Maybe I should mention that the first one comes in two versions - with white sponge for about $8.50 (price goes up in a few hours, when the AliExpress sale expires..) and pink sponge ("Pro") for $11.50. The second one is $66. :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2020, 03:22 
Super User

Blade: Timo Boll Spirit
FH: H3 neo 40 Degrees
BH: Tenergy 05
I would take yeo without the carbon too, just simply cause of how many ppl using it, instead of the carbon version.

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2020, 01:34 
Super User

Definitely Ma Lin Carbon...''fastest''

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!