OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 18:15

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Slowest legal LP
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2021, 22:26 

Hi,

I started playing LPs about 10 years ago, after the ban on frictionless. A few weeks ago I put an old banned Dr N’s rubber on Joola CWX and I’ve really enjoyed playing with it. I know I’ll never get the spin reversal like this with the legal rubber. However, I’m wondering what the slowest legal LP is out there. My legal go-to rubber is Spinlord BS but it’s way faster than the banned one. Any suggestions? Thanks

Post subject: Re: Slowest legal LP
PostPosted: 16 Jan 2021, 01:18 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
One of the slowest for sure is : Spinlord Stachelfeuer but toothless for my game; Kokutaku911 is also slow but "pretty innocent " .

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2021, 03:39 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
I've never tried it myself, but I've often read from others that the Xiying 979 is the very slowest out there.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2021, 06:58 

Blade: Re-Impact Chevanti
FH: Spinlord Wyvern 1.8
BH: Trouble Maker ox
Hello nachalnik, there will be a new LP from Spinlord in February called "Dornenglanz III". The description is already awailable. They claim that it will be their slowest LP ever, but also very grippy. I tried your Spinlord BS too and found it very grippy and medium fast. The most frictionless LP I ever tried was CTT National Pogo, but that was medium fast too and is banned since last year.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2021, 07:29 
Super User

OX Dawei 388D. Cheap! Fairly slow, not very grippy and good all-rounder. Plays well on any blade. Blocks well too. Red version has more effect than the Black. Worth a go. ;)

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2021, 08:08 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

TraditionalTradesman wrote:
I've never tried it myself, but I've often read from others that the Xiying 979 is the very slowest out there.

TT you are very right but Xiying 979 is out of the LARC :( :( :( .

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2021, 15:22 
Super User

Perhaps, not the slowest out there, but I found Metal TT - Death to be quite slow..

ooh ooh... and, if we are speaking of slow LPs, across the board, then, what about BTY Feint Long III

Also, there's a LP by Donic (Not the Akkadis.. don't remember the name) that's one of the slowest I've played with

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2021, 18:40 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
Slow lp's that I tried in ox :
Kokataku 911:no spin reversal,hard pips not spin sensitive

Xining 979:Thickest base sheet ,surprisingly bouncy not slow,poor reversal

Tibhar Grass:Not the Detecs version.Almost the slowest,spin sensitive,low reversal,chops ok,works well to tame faster blades,could even chop on carbon blade

Stach
elfeur:One of the slower,some reversal,found that ball slips sometimes when under pressure chopping and goes into net

Feint 3:The slowest,zero reversal high spin sensitivity didn't suit me

Curl p1r:Slow,high control one of the best ox chopping,blocks ok but dead balls with low reversal,works on up to all+ blades

Dawei 388d:Thin base sheet and smooth tips,slowish,chops well with strong reversal,
low sensitivity,strong reversal when blocking particularly off the bounce even on slow blades the only one that draws comments from other side of table about ball movement(wobble?)

388d-1:similar to 388d but ruffled tips and less reversal blocking,slightly better attacking ,not sure why but but a bit faster and control is less

Zeitgeist:I haven't actually tried it but in a league match opponent using it was hell to play against ,his off the bounce blocking and chopblocking gave me trouble was always landing short on the table and difficult to lift,I ended up playing mostlyto his f/h to avoid them!

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2021, 21:47 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Very good and reliable information,Dazzler!! I would also add Spinlord Sternenfall to your list.Very slow,poor reversal; suitable for attacking any ball , lots of control .

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2021, 02:03 

Of course my beloved Trouble Maker from Dr Neubauer is on the slower side of the LP range, too. But at aggressive play it`s getting faster than many other LP. It`s grippy but quite insensitive to incoming spin. For me, control is very high, especially when playing aggressively.

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2021, 04:18 

I played with the troublemaker, but stopped as my opponents didn’t have any problems dealing with it. Maybe I had it on a wrong blade.

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2021, 07:58 

It probably depends on how you are playing and which blade you are using. I found Trouble Maker quite slow when played passive. An opponent can quickly adjust. That goes for most LP due to the plastic ball I think and in particular for the slow ones. But I found TM ox to be the best LP for fast aggressiv strokes close to the table: relatively easy to play despite getting relatively fast. These agressive strokes cause a lot of disturbance to the opponent. Even more when alternated with the slow passive strokes.
Second point is the blade. I found TM best on relatively hard and quite fast blades. On slower and softer blades I wouldn`t recommend it. On these blades I found faster and harder LP much better. E.g. I could play best with Lion Traper pro on a Stiga defensive pro or a NSD2018. But whith harder and faster blades I haven`t found anything better then TM jet. Please note that I am still playing on a rather low level.

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2021, 13:13 

I’ll try it on NSD to see if it works. Thanks

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2021, 15:33 
Super User

TroubleMaker wrote:
Of course my beloved Trouble Maker from Dr Neubauer is on the slower side of the LP range, too. But at aggressive play it`s getting faster than many other LP. It`s grippy but quite insensitive to incoming spin. For me, control is very high, especially when playing aggressively.

I've tried both - Troublemaker and Death. Both are on the slower-side...Death can be a notch faster on certain strokes, but I found it to be much more effective, especially if you put some wrist-action into your strokes..

Troublemaker may seem easier to use, but Death is more effective, once you figure it out..

If you like Troublemaker, I would recommend you give Death a shot ..

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2021, 04:02 

Thanks for the tip! I found this video about the Death:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9WRLTuXG-o
It`s German but impressive only to watch. As what they say about Death sounds like an upgrade version of Trouble Maker, too. Rather slow on passive strokes but getting much faster when played active. But they also say that it is very grippy. Unfortunately they don`t show any service returns. In my class (and up to 3 classes higher I train with) most player have 2-3 very good and spinny services they have trained a lot. The following strokes are usually much easier to handle. I am doing 95% of the service returns with my LP and therefore need a LP that is safe here. Can you compare Death with Trouble Maker on this matter?

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!