OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 20:25

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Slowest legal LP
PostPosted: 18 Jan 2021, 05:05 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
There's a thread about death from a couple of years back on the forum,includes video with matchplay

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2021, 05:26 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
The video from GeblockTT proves the theory on vertically alligned pips is right.Vertically alligned pips seem to be better at attacking,chop blocking - active play -, however, they are really poor at passive play - passive reversal .

One of the appealing factors about TM is that it is very easy to play with, Death, on the other hand,takes more time to master its strengths .TM is toothless when you just depend on the pips to get points,especially at high levels.

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2021, 19:50 
Super User

charmander defender wrote:
One of the appealing factors about TM is that it is very easy to play with, Death, on the other hand,takes more time to master its strengths .

I agree - When I played with Death, initially - Apart from the control, and ability to move the ball-around, I did not notice anything exceptional. However, after a while, the player who's setup (with Death) I was playing with, suggested that I play more active, and use my wrist, whenever possible. This then, I feel, brought-about the actual qualities of the Death ...

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2021, 06:12 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
ootbs wrote:
charmander defender wrote:
One of the appealing factors about TM is that it is very easy to play with, Death, on the other hand,takes more time to master its strengths .

I agree - When I played with Death, initially - Apart from the control, and ability to move the ball-around, I did not notice anything exceptional. However, after a while, the player who's setup (with Death) I was playing with, suggested that I play more active, and use my wrist, whenever possible. This then, I feel, brought-about the actual qualities of the Death ...

I played with Death for awhile and the best aspect of it from my standpoint was the variability. If I a loop blocked passively, it would return a very slow, short controlled no-spin return, but if I did an active chop-block, it could generate a fast high-underspin return. When attacking, it also enabled a high degree of variability in both spin and speed. The reasons I ultimately went away from it were (1) the lack of much, if any, underspin on passive blocks meant that my bread-and-butter block was kind of toothless; I had to do an active chop-block against higher level players, and against very fast loops, that's not always easy to manage; and (2) I found Death wasn't good for half-distance chopping, which is also part of my game against certain players who are worse against that kind of defense.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2021, 17:24 
Super User

TraditionalTradesman wrote:
I played with Death for awhile and the best aspect of it from my standpoint was the variability. If I a loop blocked passively, it would return a very slow, short controlled no-spin return, but if I did an active chop-block, it could generate a fast high-underspin return. When attacking, it also enabled a high degree of variability in both spin and speed. The reasons I ultimately went away from it were (1) the lack of much, if any, underspin on passive blocks meant that my bread-and-butter block was kind of toothless; I had to do an active chop-block against higher level players, and against very fast loops, that's not always easy to manage; and (2) I found Death wasn't good for half-distance chopping, which is also part of my game against certain players who are worse against that kind of defense.

I agree with your First Point - Doesn't do much on simple passive blocking, except that it sends-back a rather slow ball (which, on the plus-side could mess-up the opponent's timing or if the ball landed in the middle or near the net, could prevent the next top-spin)

With reference to your Second Point - I too, move back, half-distance from the table, and chop, against those relentless power-looper sorts, and with Death, I could chop-back those power-loops, with a fair amount of back-spin/side-spin. A good deal of my chops landed on table, even though I have very limited chopping skills... More importantly, I could send-back the chops, where I wanted them to land on the other side; something I could rarely do with almost all other pips I've played with/tried.

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2021, 00:53 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
Before dropping off the list I would have also said the Xiying 979. A friend of mine who likes having the slowest setup possible uses an LKT Toxic 5 blade (very slow) and now uses Dr Neubauer Gangster OX instead. That combination is pretty slow.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2021, 05:47 

Blade: Re-Impact Chevanti
FH: Spinlord Wyvern 1.8
BH: Trouble Maker ox
I read through a German treat, it seems that the Death was quite famous when it came out in 2018. The findings sound good as like here in this forum. But lately many people are selling their used sheets. I probably will buy one of them to check myself. But I thing, as a lower ranked player it might be more important to bring the ball back on the table than having a more disruptive LP. The relative safety gives me the confidence to play more aggressively. In my class many players already grumble about the TM, especially about the second gear when played faster. Besides, to change my nickname into "Death" would sound a bit spiritualistic, wouldn`t it?

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2021, 06:19 

Does anybody modify pips professionally in the US? I’m interested in very slow rubbers.

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2021, 07:16 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
TroubleMaker wrote:
I read through a German treat, it seems that the Death was quite famous when it came out in 2018. The findings sound good as like here in this forum. But lately many people are selling their used sheets. I probably will buy one of them to check myself. But I thing, as a lower ranked player it might be more important to bring the ball back on the table than having a more disruptive LP. The relative safety gives me the confidence to play more aggressively. In my class many players already grumble about the TM, especially about the second gear when played faster. Besides, to change my nickname into "Death" would sound a bit spiritualistic, wouldn`t it?

Yes, for just getting the ball back on the table short and show, Death is great against all but the fastest loops (for those, you really need to chop block, but at a lower level, you won't be facing too many super-fast loops. Death is also great because although on the more expensive side, it's super durable. Never lost a pip.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2021, 05:22 

Blade: Re-Impact Chevanti
FH: Spinlord Wyvern 1.8
BH: Trouble Maker ox
Ok, you have won, I got my Death today. And my first impressions are promising. The pips feel just as elastic and soft as those of the Trouble Maker. But besides being vertically arranged they are also standing much closer together. This is probably the reason why the feeling in gameplay is harder. I put it ox on an off- blade (FH-side of a Re-impact Chevanti). As you say, it is a bit faster but I also find the control is high. My son had more problems today then usual but he is also very much used to the Trouble Maker, of course. The "second gear", the sudden increase in speed when playing more aggressively, sets in earlier than with the Trouble Maker. Blocking topspin is more difficult for me as the balls are flying longer. But counter-strokes on topspin, nospin and backspin as well as chops on backspin are probably even easier as with Trouble Maker. I usually decide within the first 30 minutes or so whether new material suits me or not and the Death has survived so far. I will also test the Dornenglanz III when it comes out and will then decide on one.

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2021, 20:04 
Super User

Blade: D. M. S. The Wall Def-
FH: S&T Secret Flow Chop
BH: Spectre OX
I'm very interested in your review of Death, mine still waiting to receive due to an postal address error.

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2021, 15:56 

nachalnik wrote:
Does anybody modify pips professionally in the US? I’m interested in very slow rubbers.

I think Yasaka phantom 0012 OX is the very slow rubber - you can play it close to the table.

Czopiarze - Tenis stołowy sklep - Sprzęt do tenisa stołowego | Ping Pong | Okładziny do tenisa stołowego | Deski do tenisa stołowego | Tenis stołowy | Długie czopy - Tenis stołowy | Krótkie czopy - Tenis stołowy | GEWO - Tenis stołowy | Der-Materialspezialist - Tenis stołowy | Tibhar - Tenis stołowy | Spinlord - Tenis stołowy

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2021, 19:57 
Super User

CzopiarzePL wrote:
nachalnik wrote:

I think Yasaka phantom 0012 OX is the very slow rubber - you can play it close to the table.

Dunno anyone who uses this rubber .. Infact, it does not even come-up much, as recommendations on Forums ... I haven't even read or seen reviews on this rubber ...

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2021, 10:49 

I played with Yasaka 12 but it’s pretty bouncy

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2021, 00:26 
Super User

Blade: D. M. S. The Wall Def-
FH: S&T Secret Flow Chop
BH: Spectre OX
Just received the Death OX Red!

Attachments:
DEATH.jpg
DEATH.jpg [ 36.45 KiB | Viewed 1419 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next