OOAK Table Tennis Forum


A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 May 2022, 13:49


Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: 07 May 2022, 03:42 
Offline
Full member

Joined: 05 Dec 2007, 23:43
Posts: 97
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Hi,
I really enjoy 09c on my bh, but it seems as if the tackiness wears off very quickly and some discoloured spots turn up on the rubber where there’s no spin at all. Frustrating since I really like this rubber. I am not cleaning it since I only use a protection sheet. Anyone with similar experiences or can anyone suggest a similar tacky rubber ?


Top
 Profile  
 


Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 07 May 2022, 06:52 
Offline
Senior member

Joined: 20 Sep 2017, 19:53
Posts: 137
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 30 times
Blade: Stiga: Clipper Oversized
FH: Yasaka: Razka Z 2.0mm
BH: Spinlord: Dornenglanz ox
Yasaka Rakza Z plays similar to 09c for less then half the price. Has similar durability


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 07 May 2022, 07:09 
Offline
Senior member

Joined: 17 Sep 2014, 17:25
Posts: 119
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 24 times
Using 09c on forehand I find that it has average durability. It does get worn/discolored in the sweet spot, but haven't notice a big drop in spin. I clean with sponge and water after every practice and use protection sheet.

_________________
Blade: Victas Yuto Muramatsu
Forehand: Dignics 09c 2.1
Backhand: Curl P1V 1mm

My blog


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 08 May 2022, 09:59 
Offline
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User
User avatar

Joined: 09 Oct 2008, 00:48
Posts: 2340
Location: Redwood City, California
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 180 times
Blade: BBC
FH: SP
BH: LP
Before spending money on new rubber, why not try cleaning your Dignics 09c? No rubber, not even one as good is 09c, can perform well when its coated with sweat, oil, and dirt. These contaminants come from.. the ball, which gets sweaty and oily when handled by players, and then dirty when it rolls on the floor. If you're worried about cleaners affecting your Dignics, don't be. Just avoid solvent-based cleaners. Most any soap or mild detergent -- or TT-specific rubber cleaner -- will do a fine job. I use Simple Green detergent diluted 10:1 with RO water with a microfiber cloth.. cheap, effective, and leaves no residue.

For cleaning my pips-out rubbers I simply spray this same solution on the cloth first and then I buff the pips with the damp cloth to avoid the lengthy drying time that would result if the cleaner had been sprayed directly on the pips. This works on all pips-out rubbers: SP, MP, and LP, the latter of which needs frequent cleaning just like any other rubber, inverted or pips. For deep cleaning pips-out rubber I use a small fingernail brush, soap, and water in the kitchen sink, being careful to keep the water off the wooden blade. This process requires drying time so I don't to it very often.. maybe once every few months. But I clean my SP and LP rubbers with the damp cloth method before each training session.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 09 May 2022, 01:39 
Offline
Senior member

Joined: 12 Oct 2021, 00:26
Posts: 104
Has thanked: 83 times
Been thanked: 11 times
Blade: Tibhar Li qian
FH: Xiom Vega Max
BH: P1R .5
nathanso wrote:
Before spending money on new rubber, why not try cleaning your Dignics 09c? No rubber, not even one as good is 09c, can perform well when its coated with sweat, oil, and dirt. These contaminants come from.. the ball, which gets sweaty and oily when handled by players, and then dirty when it rolls on the floor. If you're worried about cleaners affecting your Dignics, don't be. Just avoid solvent-based cleaners. Most any soap or mild detergent -- or TT-specific rubber cleaner -- will do a fine job. I use Simple Green detergent diluted 10:1 with RO water with a microfiber cloth.. cheap, effective, and leaves no residue.

For cleaning my pips-out rubbers I simply spray this same solution on the cloth first and then I buff the pips with the damp cloth to avoid the lengthy drying time that would result if the cleaner had been sprayed directly on the pips. This works on all pips-out rubbers: SP, MP, and LP, the latter of which needs frequent cleaning just like any other rubber, inverted or pips. For deep cleaning pips-out rubber I use a small fingernail brush, soap, and water in the kitchen sink, being careful to keep the water off the wooden blade. This process requires drying time so I don't to it very often.. maybe once every few months. But I clean my SP and LP rubbers with the damp cloth method before each training session.


Why is it necessary to clean the pips? less reversal? less backspin? less whatever?.....

Why don't you clean them after the training session?......

Can you clean the pips with the TT-specific rubber cleaner for the inverted?
My pips have a great spot of dust on the sweet spot, the rest of the rubber is clean,,,, so you mean to just clean the dust in the sweet spot ,right? ......


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 10 May 2022, 04:39 
Offline
Goes to 11
Goes to 11
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2014, 20:27
Posts: 10248
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1300 times
nille12345 wrote:
Hi,
I really enjoy 09c on my bh, but it seems as if the tackiness wears off very quickly and some discoloured spots turn up on the rubber where there’s no spin at all. Frustrating since I really like this rubber. I am not cleaning it since I only use a protection sheet. Anyone with similar experiences or can anyone suggest a similar tacky rubber ?


Depending on your level of play or your sensitivity to equipment, and the blade you use, you might find that something a lot cheaper like Yinhe Big Dipper or Reactor Tornado might work just as well, to be honest. Otherwise, as others suggest, Rakza Z should be similar. Just put a sheet on a bat, by the way, will post about it once I've had more playing time with it. Not sure why you think not cleaning the rubber is good for it - it's not. Rubber should be cleaned after use (most people just use water) to remove dust, at the very least, before putting on the protective sheet.

Iskandar


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 11 May 2022, 02:32 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 22 Mar 2012, 10:37
Posts: 545
Location: Phoenix
Has thanked: 50 times
Been thanked: 91 times
Blade: Stiga 2000 ALL '76
FH: DHS H3N
BH: DrN ABS2 Evo 2.3
iskandar taib wrote:
Depending on your level of play or your sensitivity to equipment, and the blade you use, you might find that something a lot cheaper like Yinhe Big Dipper or Reactor Tornado might work just as well, to be honest.
Iskandar

Did you test D09c in comparison with those rubbers you are suggesting?

_________________
Equipment:
Stiga 2000 All '76, FH: DHS H3 Neo 2.1, BH: Dr. Neubauer ABS2 Evo 2.3


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 11 May 2022, 19:43 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2020, 21:31
Posts: 282
Location: Catalonia
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 17 times
Blade: Stiga All Round WRB
FH: DHS Hurricane 3 NT 39ΒΊ
BH: Giant Dragon Talon NT OX
TDE

_________________
No more political prisoners in Catalonia.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 12 May 2022, 00:35 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 22 Mar 2012, 10:37
Posts: 545
Location: Phoenix
Has thanked: 50 times
Been thanked: 91 times
Blade: Stiga 2000 ALL '76
FH: DHS H3N
BH: DrN ABS2 Evo 2.3
merlin el mago wrote:
TDE

What does that mean?

_________________
Equipment:
Stiga 2000 All '76, FH: DHS H3 Neo 2.1, BH: Dr. Neubauer ABS2 Evo 2.3


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 12 May 2022, 21:59 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2020, 21:31
Posts: 282
Location: Catalonia
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 17 times
Blade: Stiga All Round WRB
FH: DHS Hurricane 3 NT 39ΒΊ
BH: Giant Dragon Talon NT OX
Victas Triple Double Extra (TDE).

Also Nittaku H3 all versions are a very good alternative.

_________________
No more political prisoners in Catalonia.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 


Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cobalt, Google Adsense [Bot] and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright 2018 OOAK Table Tennis Forum. The information on this site cannot be reused without written permission.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group