OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 14:48

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2022, 13:57 
Super User

Not sure what you mean by disruptive rubber, in the context of inverted rubbers..

I find playing against Tenergy (especially T05), very uncomfortable .. dunno what it is about it .. I can almost always tell if an opponent is using T05, even if I've played against him/her before, nor even seen what setup he/she is playing with

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2022, 16:13 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
With T05 gives a lot of the opponents spin back without too much effort and adds a little more provided you can overcome the spin if that makes any sense,I haven't seen this with other rubbers although admittedly there's a lot I haven't tried and some I'd like to try

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2022, 16:48 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

As I see it, the "disruptive" element is when the speed/spin of your return is different from what one would expect from stroke movement.

With LP/anti, incoming spin is often "adjusted weirdly", and inconsistent with stroke movement. There is less potential for applying new spin. I guess that those are the main selling points of LP/anti.
The friction contact of normal inverted rubbers limits the extent of weirdness, but some surprises can still be delivered:
  • With tensioned rubbers, pushes and passive blocks seem to "turn back" more of incoming spin, preserving more of the energy than what your opponent expects from a comparatively passive stroke.
  • Rubbers with absorbent sponge will drop the ball shorter and with less speed than expected. Gambler Reflectoid is the only "proper" rubber that springs to mind. Many cheap premades also have the same kind of dampening "open pore" sponge.

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2022, 00:17 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Dawei 388d1 ox/ BT ox???
Spinlord Sandwind could be an example .

[youtu_be]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHg5qjRQc6M[/youtu_be]

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2022, 07:16 
Super User

Not so much case of which rubber but the guy at the opposite end using it effectively that really matters most :lol:

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!