OOAK Table Tennis Forum


A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Nov 2022, 18:37


Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: 02 Oct 2022, 02:32 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 05 Jun 2020, 07:06
Posts: 3
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Hello,
I've been struggling with a spin reversal for years now... With old balls, I played with Spinlord Dornenglanz and it had so much spin reversal it was crazy. I know new ball reduced rotation so long pips can't return spin if there's no any but I'm trying to find the long pips with the most reversal other characteristics don't matter, just spin reversal and deceptiveness.
I'm currently playing with antispin ABS 2 PRO but it has zero reversal and deceptiveness so I'll switch back to d.tecs for now.
The only time I've seen incredible reversal with new balls is from a few players who I know treat their pimples (mainly Palio CK) heavily.

BTW I played with d.tecs and dornenglanz and they are almost useless now :(


Top
 Profile  
 


Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2022, 07:15 
Offline
Dark Knight
Dark Knight
User avatar

Joined: 13 Dec 2006, 12:34
Posts: 33033
Location: Adelaide, AU
Has thanked: 2391 times
Been thanked: 1466 times
Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I think the ones you're using currently are some of the best on the market, so you're not going to find anything significantly better. The only other option might be to find a blade that aids more reversal, like something with a very hard outer ply or perhaps fast balsa blade.

_________________
OOAK Table Tennis Shop | Re-Impact Blades | Butterfly Table Tennis bats
Setup1: Re-Impact Smart, Viper OX, Victas VS 401 Setup2: Re-Impact Barath, Dtecs OX, TSP Triple Spin Chop 1.0mm Setup3: Re-Impact Dark Knight, Hellfire OX, 999 Turbo
Recent Articles: Butterfly Tenergy Alternatives | Tenergy Rubbers Compared | Re-Impact User Guide


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 02 Oct 2022, 16:43 
Offline
Full member
User avatar

Joined: 15 Jun 2020, 15:11
Posts: 61
Location: Poland
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 10 times
haggisv wrote:
I think the ones you're using currently are some of the best on the market, so you're not going to find anything significantly better. The only other option might be to find a blade that aids more reversal, like something with a very hard outer ply or perhaps fast balsa blade.


I think the same. In this time differences between rubbers I mean long pips are so generally weak so only way is - find the blade for each rubber to increase reversal spin.
To many long pips has a similar parameters because after ittf restriction producers of the tt equipment has no way to get another level of the structure of the rubbers before ittf restrictions

_________________
Czopiarze - Tenis stołowy sklep - Sprzęt do tenisa stołowego
Okładziny do tenisa stołowego
Deski do tenisa stołowego
Tenis stołowy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 02 Oct 2022, 23:22 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 05 Jun 2020, 07:06
Posts: 3
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
haggisv wrote:
I think the ones you're using currently are some of the best on the market, so you're not going to find anything significantly better. The only other option might be to find a blade that aids more reversal, like something with a very hard outer ply or perhaps fast balsa blade.


I use DHS Fang BO B2X because it pairs very well with my Friendship Battle 2 Provincial so I can't change the blade. It seems like my only option is to lower the friction of my long pips with treatment, I don't really want to do this but it seems unfair that top long pips players in my country treat them and win much better players (I'm talking super league players, top 30-50 in-country)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 03 Oct 2022, 01:12 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 03 Oct 2022, 01:06
Posts: 3
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
haggisv wrote:
The only other option might be to find a blade that aids more reversal, like something with a very hard outer ply .


Please you tell me names of some blades haved hard outer plies like this yes for me ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2022, 00:36 
Offline
Joo Too
Joo Too
User avatar

Joined: 15 Dec 2008, 18:31
Posts: 4055
Location: Dendermonde, Belgium
Has thanked: 1178 times
Been thanked: 575 times
Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
XuXin wrote:
I use DHS Fang BO B2X because it pairs very well with my Friendship Battle 2 Provincial so I can't change the blade. It seems like my only option is to lower the friction of my long pips with treatment, I don't really want to do this but it seems unfair that top long pips players in my country treat them and win much better players (I'm talking super league players, top 30-50 in-country)


A little bit of sunshine can also help... ;)

_________________
There's always stuff to improve!

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2022, 02:41 
Offline
Full member
User avatar

Joined: 14 Jan 2020, 21:39
Posts: 55
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 6 times
Blade: XVT Hinoki Balsa Carbon
FH: DHS TG3
BH: Bomb Talent ox
I'm using bomb talent ox.
After playing with it for a few weeks the friction on it decreases and the passive reversal seems good. Decent funk also.
Don't know if it will work on your blade, have never played with it.

Or why not get a sheet of CK531A ox and play with it for a while? You won't have to treat the pips and reversal will naturally increase.

_________________
Manipulating spin, hehe...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 07 Oct 2022, 22:35 
Offline
Senior member

Joined: 12 Oct 2021, 00:26
Posts: 136
Has thanked: 101 times
Been thanked: 14 times
Blade: Tibhar Li qian
FH: Breakout 2.0
BH: P1V .5
Who cares? All Legal Lps are useless.If you happen to see a high ranked Lp user,they surely did something else either to the sponge or to the top sheet.

Why? Because if you want to compete at a medium high / high-level,the current LPs are ineffective thanks to the ITTF Policy of restricting LP performance so please, could you please stop asking irrelevant questions??

High level Lp users who read this forum for fun must be laughing at these questions.Of course,they will never contribute to this forum.Why? Because the LP threads are dead forever unless ITTF changes the rules.No new pip will give you excellent reversal or disruption .Period.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 07 Oct 2022, 23:19 
Offline
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User
User avatar

Joined: 06 Nov 2009, 04:40
Posts: 1555
Location: Texas, USA
Has thanked: 293 times
Been thanked: 87 times
Blade: Yasaka Falk W7
FH: Razka X max, black
BH: SavigaV LP 0.5 sponge red
Instead of focusing on reversal consider focusing on placement (where you hit the ball). Unless you are near pro I disagree that all LP are useless. I enjoy playing with them. I ain't gonna modify. I am going to train!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 08 Oct 2022, 05:29 
Offline
Senior member

Joined: 20 Sep 2017, 19:53
Posts: 156
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 36 times
Blade: S&T: Zeus
FH: Butterfly: Tenergy 05 1.9
BH: Spinlord: Leviathan ox
Sami wrote:
Who cares? All Legal Lps are useless.If you happen to see a high ranked Lp user,they surely did something else either to the sponge or to the top sheet.

Why? Because if you want to compete at a medium high / high-level,the current LPs are ineffective thanks to the ITTF Policy of restricting LP performance so please, could you please stop asking irrelevant questions??

High level Lp users who read this forum for fun must be laughing at these questions.Of course,they will never contribute to this forum.Why? Because the LP threads are dead forever unless ITTF changes the rules.No new pip will give you excellent reversal or disruption .Period.



Pro choppers such as Gionis, Joo, Xi and Filus all use high grip pimples with low reversal and low disruption anyways.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 08 Oct 2022, 09:51 
Offline
Full member

Joined: 29 Sep 2008, 18:35
Posts: 68
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 18 times
I am not playing to beat Ma Long, so I think I am ok at my level.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 08 Oct 2022, 22:28 
Offline
LP Collector
LP Collector
User avatar

Joined: 01 Aug 2012, 06:57
Posts: 2219
Location: Hampshire, UK
Has thanked: 300 times
Been thanked: 304 times
Blade: Donic Defplay Senso v3
FH: DHS 651
BH: Dornenglanz
I think chasing after reversal is a fool's errand in at least two ways:

1) It's extremely limited in its applicability - more is not better - it's just predictable, and any decent player will be able to cope with the reversal of spin. Against weaker players who don't understand, or can't cope with heavy spin of any sort, sure, it can be effective, but generally, I think it's a bit of a one tricky pony.

2) We're talking about comparing "not much" against "not much", compared to earlier times. There's no magic pill here - the world has changed, and if you want most legal reversal from a LARC-listed rubber, probably the best approach is a flanti, but really, sticking within the rules, you're just not going to find anything with "lots" of reversal.

I agree with vanjr and rob - there are other ways to play with LP which are more effective than relying on reversal... think about placement, consider playing some aggressive shots, or go for something which allows you a bit more variation.

I think I win most LP points by using my ability to control the ball, and place it somewhere difficult, either to simply cause them to lose the point, or to give me a shot I can then attack. Second most would be aggressive punches / pushes / flicks. I don't think I win many points "from" reversal any more, apart from against weak players who don't understand what is going on.

I would also echo what others have said, that if you really do want reversal, the best way is a very hard, very fast blade, and probably dtecs. However, that's a double-edged sword too, as the harder and faster the blade, the harder it is to control your shots, and the more likely you are to make mistakes.

Good luck!

_________________
Donic Defplay Senso v3 | DHS 651 | Spinlord Dornenglanz
Check out my blog - LordCope's Latest Learning Log - soon entering its 10th year!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 09 Oct 2022, 11:57 
Offline
Full member

Joined: 29 Sep 2008, 18:35
Posts: 68
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 18 times
Spin Jack wrote:
moming wrote:
I am not playing to beat Ma Long, so I think I am ok at my level.


Umm that is quite interesting because you seem to make tons of posts analysing various rubbers / blades etc.
If equipment & rubbers don't really matter, why not just go back to hardbat or sandpaper or mover to TTX?


I am going to go on a mean mode, because either you are not understanding what I am trying to say, or you are just trying to act smarter than yourself.

I don't intend to beat Ma Long, means I don't need to play at world championship level. But in order to win at my low level, I still need to find the right gear to get an edge. I said nothing about gear not matter, use your eyes to read!

If you want to play sandpaper or hardbat, you go right ahead, but don't reply on everyone's post telling them they should play sandpaper or hardbat. Especially me, wtf? Between sandpaper and Ma Long, there is a huge gap.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 10 Oct 2022, 21:21 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2020, 21:31
Posts: 323
Location: Catalonia
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 26 times
Blade: Stiga All Round WRB
FH: DHS Hurricane 3 NT 39º
BH: Giant Dragon Talon NT OX
Rob M wrote:
Sami wrote:
Who cares? All Legal Lps are useless.If you happen to see a high ranked Lp user,they surely did something else either to the sponge or to the top sheet.

Why? Because if you want to compete at a medium high / high-level,the current LPs are ineffective thanks to the ITTF Policy of restricting LP performance so please, could you please stop asking irrelevant questions??

High level Lp users who read this forum for fun must be laughing at these questions.Of course,they will never contribute to this forum.Why? Because the LP threads are dead forever unless ITTF changes the rules.No new pip will give you excellent reversal or disruption .Period.



Pro choppers such as Gionis, Joo, Xi and Filus all use high grip pimples with low reversal and low disruption anyways.


Low disruption can be, low reversal not.

_________________
No more political prisoners in Catalonia.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 10 Oct 2022, 21:23 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2020, 21:31
Posts: 323
Location: Catalonia
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 26 times
Blade: Stiga All Round WRB
FH: DHS Hurricane 3 NT 39º
BH: Giant Dragon Talon NT OX
vanjr wrote:
Instead of focusing on reversal consider focusing on placement (where you hit the ball). Unless you are near pro I disagree that all LP are useless. I enjoy playing with them. I ain't gonna modify. I am going to train!


That's ok for classic defender away of the table.

_________________
No more political prisoners in Catalonia.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 23 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright 2018 OOAK Table Tennis Forum. The information on this site cannot be reused without written permission.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group