OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 31 Jan 2023, 23:32

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2022, 04:11 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate
FH: DHS H3N
BH: DrN ABS3 2.0
I had to chance to test the new Dr Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard in 2.1mm black. Thanks to Carsten for the opportunity. I tested it in 2 training sessions (there is a video on my YouTube channel from one of the sessions), ones on an OSP Virtuoso (5-ply all-wood) and ones on an OSP Ultimate (7-ply all-wood) and these are my impressions:
- the topsheet is slightly tacky, enough to pick up a ball but not as much as Hurricane 3 (my reference) out of the box
- the sponge is medium-hard (listed as 47º) and not as hard as my Hurricane 3 (39º) but maybe similar to T05
- the rubbers plays very linear and does not show much catapult effect only at really high impact shots
- due to the low catapult the control is excellent on all shots; I really liked it on shorts serves and short returns
- relatively low bounce, definitely lower than Hurricane 3 which needed a little bit of adjustment
- very controlled and consistent on loop with much better margins than Hurricane 3
- very stable on blocks and maybe a little bit less spin sensitive than Hurricane 3
- feels maybe a little bit "dead" compare to my Hurricane 3 though that had been boosted with 1 layer
Overall, I really liked the new Dr Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard and I am planning to further play with it as I see the advantage of better control and margins. I am thinking to also boost it with 1 layer to bring maybe a little bit more to life. To me this the best Dr. N inverted rubber so far.

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2022, 00:23 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: DMS Storkraft 0.8
Interesting, I've never tried one of their inverted rubbers, but the pips and anti are always great quality, I might have to give it a shot.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: DMS Storkraft 0.8

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2022, 21:21 

Blade: Neub. Matador Texa Balsa
FH: Tibhar MXP
BH: Dr Neub Desperado Reload
I also had a chance to hit with the new rubber Dominance Spin Hard 2.1 Red 8)

I can see that everything Matt says is true:
Slightly tacky, very linear, very good control on pushes short serves, short return. :up:
The feeling is a little bit ‘dead’ if you are used to high catapult Tensor rubber but the control of this one is really good: very consistent, you get what you give. :devil:

I think the rubber is in between Dominance Spin and Dominance Speed.
The speed rubber is in general faster but I think with the right technique the Dominance Spin Hard rubber can perform the same speed. It is not as easy as with the Speed rubber but it can be as fast. But as a rewarding it is easier to perform much more spin with than with the Speed rubber. If you want something between the SPIN and SPEED rubber this is the one. I think with good technique the Dominance SPIN HARD is the best if you don’t mind the little loss of catapult.

Very good rubber :rock: