OOAK Table Tennis Forum


A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Sep 2023, 23:13


Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: 07 Jun 2023, 18:02 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 08 Sep 2022, 21:00
Posts: 22
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 4 times
Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Razka Z EXTRA HARD
BH: DMS Scandal 0.9
I already tried ABS3 3.0 and it is similar with Scandal 1.2. First, i will try a 1.0 yellow dumpening sponge with ABS3 and if it is not ok, with Scandal. If it is not what i want, i will buy ABS2 PRO.
I will keep you posted.

_________________
Stiga Cyber-shape carbon CWT 6g
FH - Yasaka Razka Z - Extra Hard - Max - Red
BH - DMS Scandal 0.9 - Black


Top
 Profile  
 


PostPosted: 07 Jun 2023, 20:30 
Online
Senior member
User avatar

Joined: 06 Mar 2023, 06:21
Posts: 133
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 21 times
Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19
BH: Der-Materialsp. Scandal
Ycos3d wrote:
I already tried ABS3 3.0 and it is similar with Scandal 1.2. First, i will try a 1.0 yellow dumpening sponge with ABS3 and if it is not ok, with Scandal. If it is not what i want, i will buy ABS2 PRO.
I will keep you posted.


Thank you! I'm really interested in the ABS 3, as I'm thinking of buying one. If you are ready to share some of your thoughts, I'm specifically curious about it's speed, control, amount of reversal, spin sensitivity (serve receive, spin handling) and how does it work on the 5-ply Cybershape?

Thanks in advance.

_________________
Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon (flared handle)
Forehand Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 (2,1 mm, black)
Backhand Rubber: Der-Materialspezialist Scandal (1,2 mm, red)

The Power Of The CyberAnti


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 07 Jun 2023, 22:30 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 08 Sep 2022, 21:00
Posts: 22
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 4 times
Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Razka Z EXTRA HARD
BH: DMS Scandal 0.9
GregorTT425 wrote:
Ycos3d wrote:
I already tried ABS3 3.0 and it is similar with Scandal 1.2. First, i will try a 1.0 yellow dumpening sponge with ABS3 and if it is not ok, with Scandal. If it is not what i want, i will buy ABS2 PRO.
I will keep you posted.


Thank you! I'm really interested in the ABS 3, as I'm thinking of buying one. If you are ready to share some of your thoughts, I'm specifically curious about it's speed, control, amount of reversal, spin sensitivity (serve receive, spin handling) and how does it work on the 5-ply Cybershape?

Thanks in advance.

On cybershape wood:
1) speed - Very very slow, maybe too slow
2) control - everything on the table, wherever you want(you could block or push very short)
3) reversal - ok, not very high
4) spin sensitivity- 0

_________________
Stiga Cyber-shape carbon CWT 6g
FH - Yasaka Razka Z - Extra Hard - Max - Red
BH - DMS Scandal 0.9 - Black


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2023, 07:28 
Online
Senior member
User avatar

Joined: 06 Mar 2023, 06:21
Posts: 133
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 21 times
Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19
BH: Der-Materialsp. Scandal
Ycos3d wrote:
GregorTT425 wrote:
Ycos3d wrote:
I already tried ABS3 3.0 and it is similar with Scandal 1.2. First, i will try a 1.0 yellow dumpening sponge with ABS3 and if it is not ok, with Scandal. If it is not what i want, i will buy ABS2 PRO.
I will keep you posted.


Thank you! I'm really interested in the ABS 3, as I'm thinking of buying one. If you are ready to share some of your thoughts, I'm specifically curious about it's speed, control, amount of reversal, spin sensitivity (serve receive, spin handling) and how does it work on the 5-ply Cybershape?

Thanks in advance.

On cybershape wood:
1) speed - Very very slow, maybe too slow
2) control - everything on the table, wherever you want(you could block or push very short)
3) reversal - ok, not very high
4) spin sensitivity- 0


Thank you! The "not very high" spin reversal is not that positive for me. I know I need the stiffness of blade to get good reversal, but then I would sacrifice the flex I need to make good spin. I'll think I'll just stick to the normal grippy anti and learn to play with that somehow.

_________________
Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon (flared handle)
Forehand Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 (2,1 mm, black)
Backhand Rubber: Der-Materialspezialist Scandal (1,2 mm, red)

The Power Of The CyberAnti


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2023, 16:30 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 19 Oct 2019, 01:24
Posts: 200
Has thanked: 46 times
Been thanked: 33 times
Blade: Siam custom
FH: Hammer
BH: Super Glanti
For references: Matador Texa Carbon 1380Hz
Barna Triumph 1442Hz

2 blades with incredible spin reversal

_________________
Setup 1
Blade - Siam Diamond allwood
FH - Bomb Hammer
BH - Barna Super Glanti

Setup 2
Blade - Nblades Goriki custom
FH - Friendship 802 sp legend
BH - Barna Super Glanti black edition


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 09 Jun 2023, 05:13 
Online
Senior member
User avatar

Joined: 06 Mar 2023, 06:21
Posts: 133
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 21 times
Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19
BH: Der-Materialsp. Scandal
Rinforzando wrote:
For references: Matador Texa Carbon 1380Hz
Barna Triumph 1442Hz

2 blades with incredible spin reversal


Yeah, I've heard about the Matador Texa Carbon, L. Mladenovic himself uses it. They are relatively stiff, good for anti and just enough flex for making spin, but I need much flex, so gotta have compromise, but nothing is impossible, just have to get used to it. Started antiing 1 month ago, a long way to go.

_________________
Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon (flared handle)
Forehand Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 (2,1 mm, black)
Backhand Rubber: Der-Materialspezialist Scandal (1,2 mm, red)

The Power Of The CyberAnti


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 09 Jun 2023, 05:49 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 19 Oct 2019, 01:24
Posts: 200
Has thanked: 46 times
Been thanked: 33 times
Blade: Siam custom
FH: Hammer
BH: Super Glanti
On the other hand there a very thin blades (for example TSP Balsa 2.5 def fitter) which has a frequency around 900Hz so one of the flexiest blade on the market used by Markus Johansson and def-attack which has amazing spin reversal as well.

_________________
Setup 1
Blade - Siam Diamond allwood
FH - Bomb Hammer
BH - Barna Super Glanti

Setup 2
Blade - Nblades Goriki custom
FH - Friendship 802 sp legend
BH - Barna Super Glanti black edition


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 09 Jun 2023, 06:50 
Online
Senior member
User avatar

Joined: 06 Mar 2023, 06:21
Posts: 133
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 21 times
Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19
BH: Der-Materialsp. Scandal
Rinforzando wrote:
On the other hand there a very thin blades (for example TSP Balsa 2.5 def fitter) which has a frequency around 900Hz so one of the flexiest blade on the market used by Markus Johansson and def-attack which has amazing spin reversal as well.


Really? Do you think I should try an ABS 3 with my 5-ply allwood?

_________________
Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon (flared handle)
Forehand Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 (2,1 mm, black)
Backhand Rubber: Der-Materialspezialist Scandal (1,2 mm, red)

The Power Of The CyberAnti


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 09 Jun 2023, 16:33 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 08 Sep 2022, 21:00
Posts: 22
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 4 times
Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Razka Z EXTRA HARD
BH: DMS Scandal 0.9
GregorTT425 wrote:
Rinforzando wrote:
On the other hand there a very thin blades (for example TSP Balsa 2.5 def fitter) which has a frequency around 900Hz so one of the flexiest blade on the market used by Markus Johansson and def-attack which has amazing spin reversal as well.


Really? Do you think I should try an ABS 3 with my 5-ply allwood?

Try it in 1.5 not 2mm sponge.

_________________
Stiga Cyber-shape carbon CWT 6g
FH - Yasaka Razka Z - Extra Hard - Max - Red
BH - DMS Scandal 0.9 - Black


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 09 Jun 2023, 20:54 
Online
Senior member
User avatar

Joined: 06 Mar 2023, 06:21
Posts: 133
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 21 times
Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19
BH: Der-Materialsp. Scandal
Ycos3d wrote:
GregorTT425 wrote:
Rinforzando wrote:
On the other hand there a very thin blades (for example TSP Balsa 2.5 def fitter) which has a frequency around 900Hz so one of the flexiest blade on the market used by Markus Johansson and def-attack which has amazing spin reversal as well.


Really? Do you think I should try an ABS 3 with my 5-ply allwood?

Try it in 1.5 not 2mm sponge.


Okay, I'll try it, but I'm also interested in the ABS, the very first one. Any experiences of info you have about it?

_________________
Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon (flared handle)
Forehand Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 (2,1 mm, black)
Backhand Rubber: Der-Materialspezialist Scandal (1,2 mm, red)

The Power Of The CyberAnti


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 09 Jun 2023, 22:51 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 08 Sep 2022, 21:00
Posts: 22
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 4 times
Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Razka Z EXTRA HARD
BH: DMS Scandal 0.9
I think ABS 2 PRO could be very interesting for this blade. There is a topic about it where you can find opinions and videos.
With the very first one i played a bit with celuloid balls, trying to find a replacement for frictionless long pips. I was not satisfied at that moment.

_________________
Stiga Cyber-shape carbon CWT 6g
FH - Yasaka Razka Z - Extra Hard - Max - Red
BH - DMS Scandal 0.9 - Black


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2023, 00:23 
Online
Senior member
User avatar

Joined: 06 Mar 2023, 06:21
Posts: 133
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 21 times
Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19
BH: Der-Materialsp. Scandal
Ycos3d wrote:
I think ABS 2 PRO could be very interesting for this blade. There is a topic about it where you can find opinions and videos.
With the very first one i played a bit with celuloid balls, trying to find a replacement for frictionless long pips. I was not satisfied at that moment.


Maybe I won't try these antis out, as they need stiff blade, but I need my flexy one for my forehand and its uniqueness. I'll just try to learn to use the current one.

_________________
Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon (flared handle)
Forehand Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 (2,1 mm, black)
Backhand Rubber: Der-Materialspezialist Scandal (1,2 mm, red)

The Power Of The CyberAnti


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2023, 00:46 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 19 Oct 2019, 01:24
Posts: 200
Has thanked: 46 times
Been thanked: 33 times
Blade: Siam custom
FH: Hammer
BH: Super Glanti
ABS3 worked terribly for me on a flexy allwood blade. On the other hand ABS2 pro worked fine on the same blade (not great but it was fine). Someday I'll test abs2 pro again.

Glanti from DMS works better on flexy blades in my opinion.

_________________
Setup 1
Blade - Siam Diamond allwood
FH - Bomb Hammer
BH - Barna Super Glanti

Setup 2
Blade - Nblades Goriki custom
FH - Friendship 802 sp legend
BH - Barna Super Glanti black edition


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2023, 01:16 
Online
Senior member
User avatar

Joined: 06 Mar 2023, 06:21
Posts: 133
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 21 times
Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19
BH: Der-Materialsp. Scandal
Rinforzando wrote:
ABS3 worked terribly for me on a flexy allwood blade. On the other hand ABS2 pro worked fine on the same blade (not great but it was fine). Someday I'll test abs2 pro again.

Glanti from DMS works better on flexy blades in my opinion.


Allright. Please let me know about the results.

_________________
Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon (flared handle)
Forehand Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 (2,1 mm, black)
Backhand Rubber: Der-Materialspezialist Scandal (1,2 mm, red)

The Power Of The CyberAnti


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2023, 01:50 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2018, 04:47
Posts: 929
Has thanked: 225 times
Been thanked: 221 times
Blade: DMS The wall
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Monkey OX
Yes , it is possible,DMS The Wall although many prefer The Wall carbon with extra stiffness and more speed,suitable for the slow anti and maximizing spin reversal , something that many of us are obssesed with, it seems.However, we should not really put all our eggs in the reversal basket.

They can pass the ball low over the net.... then, you need other skills and resources,....if you use a fast blade , it is not easy to have consistency unless you devote many hours to mastering your combo .


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next




All times are UTC + 9:30 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GregorTT425 and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright 2018 OOAK Table Tennis Forum. The information on this site cannot be reused without written permission.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group