OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 24 Jul 2024, 15:02

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2024, 01:30 

I have been using the old Grass D.Tecs OX with pre-applied Glue Sheet for many years, but having lost some pimples, I now need to change it.

I have this rubber attached to my Re-Impact Tachi blade, and use it on the backhand to consistently block my opponent's topspins.

I know that the current Grass D.Tecs OX plays differently to the old one.

My question is which current D.Tecs OX (the one without the pre-applied Glue Sheet or the one that comes with the pre-applied Glue Sheet - the 'GS' version) is likely to play the most similar to the old one?

Thank you.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2024, 17:47 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

JUST A FIB.

Once a sandwich rubber got authorised,, any alterations to the topsheet and sponge are forbidden in accordance to the ITTF regulations.

Any subsequent alteration to the rubber/sponge materials will necessitate a change to the rubber brand name. I cant see any change to the DTeck outlook and text area.
The alleged improvements on DTeck rubber is just a fib. Just a fib.
------------------------
Be happy all.

Attachment:
IMG_20240617_115356.jpg
IMG_20240617_115356.jpg [ 180.28 KiB | Viewed 1061 times ]

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2024, 10:00 

Blade: DONIC Defplay Senso V3
FH: YASAKA Rakza 7 Soft 1.8mm
BH: TSP SpinpipsChop II 1.4mm
leso wrote:
My question is which current D.Tecs OX (the one without the pre-applied Glue Sheet or the one that comes with the pre-applied Glue Sheet - the 'GS' version) is likely to play the most similar to the old one?
None will be similar because the old was OLD!!! The change you feel is not because from a factory change but from the days you had it and used it on your blade.

@work setup: blade: Yinhe 980 | FH: Yinhe Mercury2 2.1mm | BH: Yinhe Neptune 0.7mm
to-be-used setup: blade: DONIC DefPlay Senso 3 | FH: YASAKA Rakza 7 soft 1.8mm | BH: TSP SpinPips Chop 2 1.4mm

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2024, 11:55 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
There was an old Dtecs that had longer pimples, which was picked up by the ITTF and Tibhar had to re-release the rubber with slightly shorter pimples to ensure they were legal. This was probably about 10 years ago though. Is this the version you have?

I've used both, and don't find there has been much difference between any of them, but I know some others much prefer the old version.
I also don't feel any difference between the version with the glue sheet (called "GS") or without, but again I know some others that do prefer the one without a glue sheet. If you use the one without a glue sheet, you'll have a thin layer of glue on there, which can affect the feeling, just like a glue sheet does, os it's going to depend on the type of glue and the thickness of the glue layers as well.

So I think it depends on how sensitive you are to small variations.

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2024, 12:21 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
haggisv wrote:
There was an old Dtecs that had longer pimples, which was picked up by the ITTF and Tibhar had to re-release the rubber with slightly shorter pimples to ensure they were legal. This was probably about 10 years ago though. Is this the version you have?

I've used both, and don't find there has been much difference between any of them, but I know some others much prefer the old version.
I also don't feel any difference between the version with the glue sheet (called "GS") or without, but again I know some others that do prefer the one without a glue sheet. If you use the one without a glue sheet, you'll have a thin layer of glue on there, which can affect the feeling, just like a glue sheet does, os it's going to depend on the type of glue and the thickness of the glue layers as well.

Do you notice any difference between green and red/black?

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2024, 19:33 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

rokphish2 wrote:

Yes I do. The black is noticeably grippier and feels a little slower than red. Green seems somewhere in between, haven't played enough with it to compare conclusively.

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2024, 22:50 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
haggisv wrote:
rokphish2 wrote:

Yes I do. The black is noticeably grippier and feels a little slower than red. Green seems somewhere in between, haven't played enough with it to compare conclusively.

Yes when I tried them 3 or 4 years ago black at least with 1.2mm sponge did play noticeably slower and more controlled than the red. Top sheet must have a much softer rubber compound as is the case with many pimple out rubbers.

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2024, 22:55 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Do you guys notice if the green is harder than the red? And/or more durable/same/less?

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2024, 00:19 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

rokphish2 wrote:
Do you guys notice if the green is harder than the red? And/or more durable/same/less?

I didn't think it felt any harder. Regarding durability, Dtecs is probably the most durable LP on the market. I don't remember losing any pips. I tend to change the sheets when it's lost most of it's grip, which usually takes a very long time, like a year or so. I know a few people that use green, no durabilty issues with those either.
Perhaps those that that hit very hard with the LPs may have a better idea. I usually chop or block, not a lot of attacking with the LPs, I attack with the inverted side.

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2024, 07:50 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

haggisv wrote:
rokphish2 wrote:

I didn't think it felt any harder. Regarding durability, Dtecs is probably the most durable LP on the market. I don't remember losing any pips. I tend to change the sheets when it's lost most of it's grip, which usually takes a very long time, like a year or so. I know a few people that use green, no durabilty issues with those either.
Perhaps those that that hit very hard with the LPs may have a better idea. I usually chop or block, not a lot of attacking with the LPs, I attack with the inverted side.
Thank you

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2024, 04:24 

haggisv wrote:

Yes, the version I have is the old one with the longer pimples. I have played with this for many years, but now need to bite the bullet and get the latest D.Tecs OX version, hence my question about whether the Glue Sheet or non Glue Sheet version is more likely to ease the transition.

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2024, 00:10 
Super User

Blade: Victas Matsushita
FH: Joola Dynaryz ZGR
BH: Tibhar Grass DTecS
Hi Guys
I have this morning used acid green DTecS with an integrated glue sheet. I used it on a Victas Koji Matsushita original blade.
I have to say that my pushing, lifting and smashing were the the crispest they have been for a very long time.
I will now use the GS version at all times.
I had Evolution MXP with 1.9mm sponge on the black side. Awesome combination.
Bulldog

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!