OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 12 Nov 2019, 05:02

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Cayman/Pryde/Peacekeeper
PostPosted: 07 Nov 2008, 17:54 
Anti Spin Hero
Anti Spin Hero

This must be the worst, absolutely worst, in a way that is impossible to describe without resorting to phrases like 'pile of F*** s***' - which I would never do, combo I've ever tried.

Felt good in the hand, started to warm up with a partner in a room with 16 tables all fully occupied, and the seating area full of parents, friends etc. The first drive resulted in an ear splitting 'clonk' that killed all conversation and most of the tables stopped play to see what was up. 2 drives later half the tables briefly stopped play to down double doses of ibuprofen. Whilst there is no vibration, there is very little sensation of what you are doing with the ball. The clonkiness of the blade coupled with the 'boing' of the rubber makes it really difficult. i could generate spin and hit the ball fast, but... the only way of seeing how much spin I'd put on the ball was to listen for the degree of 'clonk/boing' and watch the path of the ball. This is not a looping combo at all, may be better with TG2.

The peacekeeper on this blade is fast. Blocks straight off the bounce of medium loops send the ball very deep, slight reversal, normal blocks no spin, chop blocks are ok - no where near P3 standards, but definitely something to work with - I'll put this on the Darker for further testing, although I'm staying with anti for now for real work. The pryde goes in the closet, or I'll donate to the kids group.

The blade, I'll give another try today with anti top and tg2 and a pack of earplugs and extra strong migraine pills. The blocks are very good, loads of control, counter attacks seem strong. very comfy and the backhand works well, also with the anti mounted on the blade it is soooo much lighter than the darker/TG2 combo. More later - just don't try this blade with a tensor!

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Nov 2008, 15:49 
Super User

I love reading reviews like this.

I mean it's unfortunate that you had to experience it but it was entertaining to read.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Nov 2008, 18:32 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Well I guess in some ways a bad review is better than a good review... it's a good warning for anyone that might want to try it...

yes unfortunate it had to happy to you julian! :evil: :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Nov 2008, 19:13 
Anti Spin Hero
Anti Spin Hero

Day 2... Cayman/lightly boosted TG3/super anti...
Really comfy, great handle, much lighter than the same setup on the Darker. Drives very precise, top spins really good too, had more of a 'drive' sensation to the loops rather than 'spinny' feel of the darker if that makes sense. I was able to generate a full range of attacking shots from fast with slight spin to fully curving balls - really good. Blocks incredibly accurate, placement could be very precise and it was an easy transition from blocks to attacking shots with or without added spin.
The super anti was great. Despite being a faster blade, the anti had more control. Normally I imagine a 3x3 grid when I'm practising blocks and pushes (imagine left to right mid lh court close to net, centre line, mid right hand court, repeated with the same positioning halfway down the table, then close to the base line). With the darker i could hit these places with ease, but with the Cayman I could realistically hit a 5x5 grid, so placement, especially depth placement is much more controllable. There was nearly as big a difference on the fh too.
All in all really nice, a great difference from yesterday an it is now my official combo (although I'll switch back to TG2 when I wear the TG3 ou t - if only that sound wasn't so 'clonk-like').

The pryde worked well on the Darker, though now where near the boosted TG3/2. The peacekeeper is a good pip. In character very like P3 alpha but faster with aggressive shots being easier to make. P3 is slower with a much better chop block, more allround style than the OFF character of the peacekeeper.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Nov 2008, 19:24 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
That sounds a lot better! Amazing how it could be such a bad conbination when the blade/rubbers are quite good.

So was that the skyline 2/3 with the new sponges, or the old ones? I noticed you had the #19 in your sig.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Nov 2008, 20:02 
Anti Spin Hero
Anti Spin Hero

yeah the old sponges... I'm still waiting for you to get some no 19 sponge in stock! I'm using the last pack of 4 I got from you, although I prefer TG2 19, if I can't get that I prefer TG3 old sponge

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!