OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 23:26

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 23  Next
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2010, 09:58 
Anti Spin Hero
Anti Spin Hero

I enjoyed you solja vids. I know this is the wrong thread, but she seems to play much more with a closed stance than with lps, also she seems to really have to press down on the antitop, and a lot of the time really fight to keep the ball on the table - I know she is using a much faster blade this year. Anyone know WHY she switched??

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2010, 00:56 
Liquid Evil Chopper

I received the Tachi last week and proceeded to seal it but forgot to weight it! :@ Feels really light though. Its performance is by no means "light weight" (sorry for the pun!).

Using the Bomb Talent on the Tachi (waiting for restock of Dtechs), fattchoi (who handles LP really well) found it really tricky. I used it in the comps today and ended up winning 2 out of the 3 singles (I lost a match when using the Joo LOL!). My opponents were clearly not happy about my setup and I actually felt sorry for them....NOT! :devil:

It's a stiff and hard blade, but very light. I use DHS H3 Neo on the FH but it's clearly not the best choice - will select softer rubber for next time. Has the capacity to put balls away since the blade is stiff and hard but I have to put a lot of muscles into it. Don't expect tensor-like response that's for sure. The good part is that I can stand very near to the table since the setup is controllable.

One thing I just realised that, in today's comp, when I blocked or chop blocked a FH loop, my opponents could not even get the ball back to my side of the table at all, even when they tried to lift it. This thing is pure evil and I can't wait to put the Dtechs on for some dark side hell! :up:

Chop til you drop baby!

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2010, 05:53 
Anti Spin Hero
Anti Spin Hero

sounds good BB! Just paid for mine today - dunno delivery time to spain. How do you rate the speed compared to the joo? You sealed yours? I've 2 joos and the unsealed one feels better to me. Could i get away with not sealing the Tachi?

Julian

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2010, 06:18 
Double Dipper

julian wrote:
sounds good BB! Just paid for mine today - dunno delivery time to spain. How do you rate the speed compared to the joo? You sealed yours? I've 2 joos and the unsealed one feels better to me. Could i get away with not sealing the Tachi?

Julian

I was wondering this too. I don't like to seal blades if I don't have to. I never sealed my Barricade.

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2010, 08:34 
Any Which Way You Can
Any Which Way You Can

Indeed, I was on the receiving end of BB's Taichi lp strokes. Unlike in the past with all his other blades and lp rubbers (dtec included), I really have trouble dealing with his returns this time round. In fact, as he described it, I found a few of my returns actually would not even reach the net as the ball would just dip quite viciously. I had to try and lift harder but then, there is also a slight element of randomness to it as some balls, because I lift a bit harder, overshoot the other side of the table. Very frustrating!

As for sealing, I would have thought it best to seal at least one layer lightly. Reason is with OX rubber glue sheet, they are rather sticky and may well lift some splinters off the blade. I personally seal 3 layers on the side where I put my OX LP to prevent such mishaps :o

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2010, 16:19 
Anti Spin Hero
Anti Spin Hero

Actually, lookslike there has been a problem/misunderstanding with my order and they want me to order from the German webpage, which is way too complicated for my googlisg German. Anyone else had to do this?? Or has everyone else been ok with ordering by email?

EDIT: Ok skip that, after 2 emails in German asking me to go to the website, just had the paypal invoice accepted.

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2010, 22:06 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

julian wrote:
Actually, lookslike there has been a problem/misunderstanding with my order and they want me to order from the German webpage, which is way too complicated for my googlisg German. Anyone else had to do this?? Or has everyone else been ok with ordering by email?

EDIT: Ok skip that, after 2 emails in German asking me to go to the website, just had the paypal invoice accepted.

What are the specifications (handle, size, etc??) on your order?
tOD

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2010, 23:23 
Anti Spin Hero
Anti Spin Hero

Medium size, straight handle...

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2010, 23:38 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

julian wrote:
Medium size, straight handle...

Thanks for the information.
tOD

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2010, 00:05 
Anti Spin Hero
Anti Spin Hero

you thinking of ordering too tOD?

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2010, 04:44 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

julian wrote:
you thinking of ordering too tOD?

I would like to take one for a test drive, but the deposit is a serious one:) I like the concept and the reports I have read and video that I have seen. It falls into the "Hope springs eternal category."

tOD

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2010, 04:45 

mynamenotbob wrote:

Just got this baby in. 8) 8) 8)

RE-Impact Tachi is supposed to be the best blade for D.Tecs. It weighs an amazing 52 grams. The backhand side has a thick balsa layer directly under the hard outer ply. The forehand side has at least four plies. Can't wait to try it.

I have a doubt on the slow/fast slides....
For me, the slide (which is darker) with the name tachi (like the picture at the left or at the bottom right) is the fastest one?
Thanks

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2010, 05:13 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
carrier wrote:
I have a doubt on the slow/fast slides....
For me, the slide (which is darker) with the name tachi (like the picture at the left or at the bottom right) is the fastest one?
Thanks

The side with the label and multiple plies (the forehand) is faster.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2010, 23:57 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

A quick note on sealing the Tachi. I emailed Achim Rendler and asked if it was necessary for us to seal the Tachi. He responded "No, not really." He added that if you want to further seal the blade to use 1 K Bootslack (spar varnish). He also recommended getting some foam edge tape (like the Dr. Neubauer edge tape) and a grip tape on the handle.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2010, 01:11 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

I got the extra large size Tachi in the mail today. Weight: 61 grams.

| My OOAK Interview

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 23  Next