OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 23:53

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 394 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
PostPosted: 17 Dec 2014, 17:31 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro
BH: Dornenglanz ox
I moved on to Hellfire because I get more control with it and thus my unforced errors are a lot fewer, which I benefit greatly from. I also like the feeling of the softer pips. Hellfire doesn't give me as much reversal but the higher control is more important to me.

I've had some quality control issues with the Hellfire though as there seems to two version floating around, one much faster than the other. I'm debating between sticking with it anyways or looking for a replacement.

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2014, 17:38 

Blade: TSP Balsa 5.5 All+
FH: Nittaku Beautry 1.8mm
BH: S&T Hellfire ox
I have been using pips and specifically DTECS ox for 15 weeks.
I bought a sheet of DG yesterday, so will test it later today.

Setup3: Blade: DMS Destroyer FH: Tenergy 05 max BH: DMS Transformer 1.5

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2014, 16:49 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei F3 Pro (=TB ALC)
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Hellfire X/Dtecs ox
auzcar wrote:
I moved on to Hellfire because I get more control with it and thus my unforced errors are a lot fewer, which I benefit greatly from. I also like the feeling of the softer pips. Hellfire doesn't give me as much reversal but the higher control is more important to me.

I tried to play against my amateur friend with flipped blade, inverter BH and LP on the FH. I haven't played inverted BH for decades and never ox on the FH. :lol:

Inverted BH went so and so, Top spins wery quite nice actually.

But, DG on the FH was unbeliveably hard to play! ;( I don't think I could do single good shot with it! Ball was all over the place, some chops were a success, but other shot (blocks etc.) were near impossible. It seemed like Defplay+DG had no control at all.

It was kind of a shocking trial and it remains a mystery, how BH play with Defplay+DG is so good, while on the FH it would need months of training to get it on the decent level.

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2014, 07:06 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
DG was my 1st LP rubber that i have played with...

but i have moved away from it since, because it was too fast for my fast blade...

but in my path of finding a perfect combo, i recently switched to btt power defence blade, which is a bit slower, but still carries a decent punch for my FH...
and i found out that hellfire was too slow with too little disturbance and spin reversal on a slower blade, so i switched back to my beloved DG, and difference in a chop block (when it landed on the table :rofl: ) with it compared to hellfire is like night and day...the ball is going much faster, much lower and it has much more backspin on it...but the chop block must be active to get that effect, which is fine bye me, i have mastered that move pretty well...

all of you that are still playing with DG or have played with it, which LP rubber is comparable with it in terms of pure spin reversal on chop block...its my winter brake now and i could try something new...

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2015, 21:24 
Super User

has any1 noticed that an old sheet of DG produce more spin reversal than the new one?

it is really strange...i ordered the same sheet, bcs the old one had several pimples broken, but the new one have considerably lower spin reversal than the old one...

is it because the rubber is new, or just thats its not broken in...

any similar experiences?

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2015, 15:05 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei F3 Pro (=TB ALC)
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Hellfire X/Dtecs ox
111Iceman111 wrote:
i found out that hellfire was too slow with too little disturbance and spin reversal on a slower blade, so i switched back to my beloved DG, and difference in a chop block (when it landed on the table :rofl: ) with it compared to hellfire is like night and day...the ball is going much faster, much lower and it has much more backspin on it...but the chop block must be active to get that effect, which is fine bye me, i have mastered that move pretty well...

all of you that are still playing with DG or have played with it, which LP rubber is comparable with it in terms of pure spin reversal on chop block...its my winter brake now and i could try something new...

Yes, HF don't have much disturbance. DG is propably best LP for table play.

Quote:
has any1 noticed that an old sheet of DG produce more spin reversal than the new one?

it is really strange...i ordered the same sheet, bcs the old one had several pimples broken, but the new one have considerably lower spin reversal than the old one...

is it because the rubber is new, or just thats its not broken in...

It have been said that DG 4 stages of life

1. Sticky and hard.
2. Non-sticky and hard (plays ok).
3. Non-sticky and soft (in which it plays the best).
4. Pimples fall off.

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2015, 19:32 
Super User

aha, tnx for the tips, its lot clearer now...

so i will play with the new one only while training, not in matches, to get to that 2nd or 3rd stage...

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2015, 19:46 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Yes it definetely takes some time to wear in... I played with it for a while as well, and found it to be too grippy to start with, but it really picked up after a while. I wish they could make it like that right out of the packet. :o

Dtecs still has more reversal, but it's quite a bit faster (also quite a bit softer).

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2015, 06:34 
Super User

tnx for the observation...

every time i hear about dtecs have the most spin reversal, i try it and just dont see it...maybe is bcs of my blade (btty power defence) or my chop block wrist move, but DG have more reversal for me...dtecs is IMO better for attacking and aggressive pushing of underspin balls, but for chop blocking heavy spin balls, i find that DG have most reversal of all the LP i tried...

maybe you all talk about an old dtecs, but i couldn't get my hands on it unfortunately...

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2015, 16:08 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
111Iceman111 wrote:
tnx for the observation...

every time i hear about dtecs have the most spin reversal, i try it and just dont see it...maybe is bcs of my blade (btty power defence) or my chop block wrist move, but DG have more reversal for me...dtecs is IMO better for attacking and aggressive pushing of underspin balls, but for chop blocking heavy spin balls, i find that DG have most reversal of all the LP i tried...

maybe you all talk about an old dtecs, but i couldn't get my hands on it unfortunately...

The amount of spin on a chop-block is not directly related to spin reversal, as you're creating and aiding the spin with the wrist action. Spin reversal is more about how much spin you return with a passive hit (no movement), or how much spin you return with aggressive pushing. So if you get better results with DG, then that's the LP for you. :up:

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2015, 20:45 
Super User

yes,

i find DG quality in that i can return spin with a very heavy chop block if i make a quick aggressive downward motion on the ball, or almost a float ball if i block it passively...

it makes hell in an opponent head :devil:

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2015, 04:22 
Super User

Roy wrote:
It have been said that DG 4 stages of life

1. Sticky and hard.
2. Non-sticky and hard (plays ok).
3. Non-sticky and soft (in which it plays the best).
4. Pimples fall off.

So how long does it take to get from one stage to another?

I think I am on the 2nd stage and it is playing wonderfully. Can't wait to get to its 3rd stage.
btw, when it was "sticky and hard", it was not a good LP and I almost gave up on it.

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2015, 17:24 
Super User

hi,

i cant even play with a new sheet...how long did you played with it to get to stage 2?

my old one is at stage 4, and its a monster :)

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2015, 17:58 
Super User

111Iceman111 wrote:
hi,

i cant even play with a new sheet...how long did you played with it to get to stage 2?

my old one is at stage 4, and its a monster :)

It only takes about 2 weeks for most of the stickiness to wear off. It is still a tad sticky but nowhere near when it is new.

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2015, 23:47 
Super User

ok, tnx, i just need to endure then:)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 394 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next