OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 20:01

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Spinlord Feuerstich
PostPosted: 20 Sep 2013, 02:36 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Firewall +
FH: DHS G888 1.8mm
BH: Dragon Talon NT OX
ordered a couple of sheets.. Will give it a try...

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2013, 03:14 
Super User

Blade: TT Piet Homemade 6 ply
FH: Spinlord Waran Short Pips
BH: Joola Badman Reloaded 0X
I have a sheet ordered, too, but I expect it will take another week or so to arrive.

What doesn't work for one person's style could still work well for someone else's, so maybe I'll get lucky and find advantages with it.

Blade: TTPiet OFF-/ALL custom

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2013, 03:24 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
No sponge versions?

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2013, 04:40 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

nathanso wrote:
No sponge versions?

not at the moment.. OX only...

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2013, 20:52 
Super User

GR wrote:
I think horizontal aligned pips are good for chops; whereas vertically aligned pips are intended for attacks.

it is the same what I think, if you chop by vertical blade head, and attack with horisontal...

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2013, 07:02 
Super User

Mine arrived today.

I was surprised that the tops of the pips are tacky. I suspect that will cause it to have a lot less reversal than non-tacky pips. I haven't glued it on to test it, yet.

If anyone has any questions that would be better answered uncut, ask away quickly before my son gets home. I usually get him to help me put pips on.

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2013, 23:02 
Super User

We glued it on with Donic Vario VOC free glue. I maybe put a bit too much glue on, but it went ok and the rubber is stuck to the blade.

I tried it with the robot and it seemed ok for chopping and able to hit the ball also, so I went to a club. I was able to win against a couple of lower level players (1300 to 1500 level), but when I played a 1600 level looper/hitter (whom I'd never lost top before) I wasn't able to chop well enough to put him into the net with it, and wasn't able to use it to attack with, but at least it went 5 games, so I didn't do terribly with it. My experience is that the attack shots take a lot of practice to get working well, so I guess that was not a big surprise.

After I lost I was talking to a former practice partner, who was nice enough to loop and hit with me against the Spinlord and then the DTec.S, and his comment was that the Spinlord had less backspin and less of a weird ball, but would be better to attack with.

My guess is I will probably take it off, and put my sheet of Dawei 388D on the blade, and give that one one more attempt, and if it doesn't work, I will bite the bullet on cost and buy the $55 DTec.S from now on, and quit trying to find something cheaper that works.

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2013, 02:42 

Hello from Germany,

I now managed to create an account here so I can also write here.

Regarding Feuerstich, this pimple is best for attack, where it is very dangerous but still has high control.
When chopping and with chops against backspin over the table it is also very good, safe and dangerous.
For blocking it is easy to play, but not so dangerous. For this type of playing, Dornenglanz is better.
And the speed of the rubber is quite high. It is also not a good rubber for players who want a slow long pimple out rubber.

It has got very good comments on pimp-my-blade, but mainly from those players who attacked or chopped with it.
It is the ideal rubber for players who do both but don´t just block at the table very often.

We gave away 6 rubbers for free (we said 5 but made 6 finally) , without selecting the players who got them, the first 6 players who wrote a mail got one.
That means that some players who got a rubber for free will be better off with Dornenglanz.

The flat surface of the pimples makes the control higher and makes it easier to play again the oncoming spin, plus also makes it better for attack. The pimples are a little bit sticky to make them more dangerous.

And the rubber is not very much like D-Tecs, the more we test it ourselves, the more we find there is no other similar long pimple out rubber.

Feuerstich has something that I think is really unique among long pimple out rubbers, the pimples have a wider base, they are not straight in form. I don´t know any other rubber like it. That makes the pimples very sturdy and faster without losing control. But that also makes them not so good for blocking at the table you have to play active with this pimple.

Our pimples (but also other pimples) I think play best when using our glue-sheet.

Why did I write this ?

Because I must admit, that the text on the rubber package could have been better.
The text on http://www.ttdd.de for our customers is very good, but it is in german.
So I decided to write the main aspects also here in english.

Ps: Our long pimples are:

Zeitgeist: for blocking at the table, very high control, medium dangerous
Stachelfeuer: slowest long pimple out rubber on the market I think. Very high control medium dangerous for chopping
Dornenglanz: very dangerous for blocking but also good in other playing styles, medium speed
Blitzschlag: a little bit slower and softer then Dornenglanz. Dornenglanz is a little bit more dangerous but Blitzschlag has better control.

We sell most rubbers only in ox, but if you want to buy them with sponge, please buy from japsko in Sweden, they glue the top-sheets on sponges by hand. Maybe Luna and Alex will also offer this service, sorry we can´t do so ourselves. Since this forum belongs to Luna and Alex, if you are interested in our products, it would be very fair also to buy from them.

Regards,

Mark Koehler

(brand owner SpinLord)

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2013, 03:31 

SpinLord wrote:
Hello from Germany,

I now managed to create an account here so I can also write here.

Regarding Feuerstich, this pimple is best for attack, where it is very dangerous but still has high control.
When chopping and with chops against backspin over the table it is also very good, safe and dangerous.
For blocking it is easy to play, but not so dangerous. For this type of playing, Dornenglanz is better.
And the speed of the rubber is quite high. It is also not a good rubber for players who want a slow long pimple out rubber.

It has got very good comments on pimp-my-blade, but mainly from those players who attacked or chopped with it.
It is the ideal rubber for players who do both but don´t just block at the table very often.

We gave away 6 rubbers for free (we said 5 but made 6 finally) , without selecting the players who got them, the first 6 players who wrote a mail got one.
That means that some players who got a rubber for free will be better off with Dornenglanz.

The flat surface of the pimples makes the control higher and makes it easier to play again the oncoming spin, plus also makes it better for attack. The pimples are a little bit sticky to make them more dangerous.

And the rubber is not very much like D-Tecs, the more we test it ourselves, the more we find there is no other similar long pimple out rubber.

Feuerstich has something that I think is really unique among long pimple out rubbers, the pimples have a wider base, they are not straight in form. I don´t know any other rubber like it. That makes the pimples very sturdy and faster without losing control. But that also makes them not so good for blocking at the table you have to play active with this pimple.

Our pimples (but also other pimples) I think play best when using our glue-sheet.

Why did I write this ?

Because I must admit, that the text on the rubber package could have been better.
The text on http://www.ttdd.de for our customers is very good, but it is in german.
So I decided to write the main aspects also here in english.

Ps: Our long pimples are:

Zeitgeist: for blocking at the table, very high control, medium dangerous
Stachelfeuer: slowest long pimple out rubber on the market I think. Very high control medium dangerous for chopping
Dornenglanz: very dangerous for blocking but also good in other playing styles, medium speed
Blitzschlag: a little bit slower and softer then Dornenglanz. Dornenglanz is a little bit more dangerous but Blitzschlag has better control.

We sell most rubbers only in ox, but if you want to buy them with sponge, please buy from japsko in Sweden, they glue the top-sheets on sponges by hand. Maybe Luna and Alex will also offer this service, sorry we can´t do so ourselves. Since this forum belongs to Luna and Alex, if you are interested in our products, it would be very fair also to buy from them.

Regards,

Mark Koehler

(brand owner SpinLord)

I am one of the testers who get a free sample.
I agree with Mark that the Feuerstich is a good off LP.
But my play is more destructive with short blocks and some pressure balls to the corners.
So the Dornenglanz is a way better for my game.
But Feuerstich is quite impresive.

Yasaka Allround Jean-Phillipe Gatien Meteor 835 2,0 Friendship 799 1,5
TT-Manufactur KFD Orginal Dawei 388 A-4 Spinlord Dornenglanz 0x

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2013, 08:26 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Thanks Hebel,

Did you ever try Zeitgeist?

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2013, 14:26 

Sorry never played.
My first LP was Donic Piranja FD Ox. This rubber was build for my gameplay. But it was a frictionless LP. After the ban i tried Piranja FD Tec, the C&F 1 2 3 and finaly dawei saviga v. the dawei rubber was good but after i changed my home location no one had problems with my balls. so i searched for an alternativ rubber.
after reading the product page of the dornenglanz and some test at noppen-test.de i ordered one and my gameplay was much better.

I have feuerstich in my testing material box. and i will give the rubber another try. maybe i will try zeitgeist too.

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2013, 22:40 

I have glued the feuerstich back on my blade.
I will give it a new try.
More to say after some practise

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2013, 06:08 

Hi
I am back from a nice training session.
I gave the feuerstich a try, but for me this rubber is not good.
I played 3 singels against 3 different players (1 forehand pusher, 1 backhand chopper and 1 chopper with some nice topspinskills).
I lost all 3 games. Against the pusher i won a set. Against the backhand chopper i lost 0:3. Against the other i won a set.
I had hughe problems with no-spin balls. But when i hit a back-spin ball it was a sure point for me. When i chopped a topspin there was not as much backspin in the ball.
I had problems with short blocks.
Most balls get over the table.
In my opinion its a good rubber if you use the lp for offensive gameplay. But my game and my technics are not so offensive.
I must change my technics to play the feuerstich proper.

After the 3 matches i changed to my other blade with dornenglanz and played another round.
Same opponents but different stats.
Backhand chopper who beat me 3:0 (11:5,11:6,11:4) with the feuerstich lost to me 3:0 (11:4,11:3,11:6) with my dornenglanz blade. The pusher who won in the first round 3:1 won 3:2 (15:13 in the 5th set) and the other who won in first round 3:1 lost 3:1 in the second.

For me the testing of the feuerstich is over. I will play my dornenglanz because this rubber is better for my style of playing tabletennis.

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2013, 03:55 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

Received my sheets.. Will try them probably after I get back from my vacation.. I will be in Vancouver/Canada for a week from 10/8 to 10/15...

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2013, 10:23 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Pushblocker wrote:
Received my sheets.. Will try them probably after I get back from my vacation.. I will be in Vancouver/Canada for a week from 10/8 to 10/15...

Happy Vacation,
Thomas

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!