OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 14:17

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Question about blades.
PostPosted: 20 May 2008, 21:13 
Chop or I'll Shoot
Chop or I'll Shoot

This sucks. Bad shoulder. Can't play. All I do is think about my next setup. Which I do believe will be P-1r in .05 sponge. My question is which blade do I use. I like my Barricade but I know the Dr. sets up all his blades to work with frictionless LP. Not sure how well it would work with friction. I also have his Special blade but think that might be too fast. I just sold my Joo blade cause I didn't like the vibration. I could get it back though. Then I do still have my trusty Mat pro that I haven't used in about 3 years but from I remember I liked it a lot. And I almost forgot my A. Grubba which was my very first blade. I might put it on the Barricade first cause its the biggest blade and I can cut it down from there. But if you guys have think differently let me know. I also forgot about that TSP def blade I was looking at.

USATT Rating: 1869

MOLON LABE!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 May 2008, 21:29 
Rotatus Maximus
Rotatus Maximus

Sounds like a good plan blade wise. I'm about to switch away from P1-r 0.5. I'm having too much trouble in the pushing game.

* I haven't learnt to flip/hit underspin with it.
* My pushes don't carry enough underspin to stop not-so-great players attacking them hard.
* And my pushes are still inconsistant in height (including net balls when the pips unexpectedly grip).

I'm fairly discouraged at the moment, and considering either Leggy 1.0 for extra (hopefully more consistant) push grip, changing to a frictionless blocking b/h style (ie Insider OX, till a slow frictionless anti arrives), or even moving back to 2 winged shakehand attack.

Member of Anastasia's Fan Club

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 May 2008, 01:22 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Shoey have you ever given Neptune a try? I find it a very versatile LP. Its a grippy pip to some degree but I find it pretty consistent. Just a suggestion.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 May 2008, 03:43 
Sitting on Defence
Sitting on Defence

Blade: TSP Trinity Carbon
FH: Tibhar MX-S 2.0mm
BH: Viper 0.5mm
Neptune is a good pip but it won't give you the kind of underspin you're looking for when pushing (at least it won't give more than p1-r...). Have you given up on using pimplemini? I was going to suggest trying millitall but I'm not sure they're all that different so if you don't like pimplemini than I would say go for the leggy defense...

From my brief experience with pimplemini I would say that millitall is a little slower and grippier: good for pushing and chopping with decent blocking and counterhitting.

Personalized Online Performance Coaching for Table Tennis now available!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 May 2008, 05:15 
For your Long A's Only
For your Long A's Only

Blade: BBC Doubl Diamond
FH: Prasidha Tokyo Max
BH: RITC 755 OX
Recently, I have played with Feint Soft 1.3 on Joola R*1, what a difference it feels. Let me back up, I got this rubber with a defense blade and can't play with it with my game style because there is absolutely no power.

With R*1, it is a different animal, the pips is very grippy and I use it like an invert. I am almost saying it hit like my Long A 1.1, but I won't. Pushing also gives you lots of under spin. So far, I like it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 May 2008, 23:21 
Mind Gamer Extraordinaire

tatlwai:
I'm also a big fan of feint soft (though usually a double inverted player). I have it on an allround blade and it's fast enough for me (I stay relatively close to the table though)
I just love the look on their face when I push with the pips and they put it into the net. Only downfall to it is that it's very hard to get enough spin when chopping against loops.

On topic:
why not try the grubba allround? faster than the nuebauers and still a lot of control. (only problem may be size: if you cut it to the grubba, it won't fit something a bit bigger like the Joo)

Tibhar IV-S - Donic Defplay SensoV3 - BTY Tackiness D/C - BTY Feint Soft - Meteor 813

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 May 2008, 23:38 
Master Of Deception
Master Of Deception

You're the only person who has the answer, I think.
Soft blade allows you to add/put less spin on chop but not as fast when you attack. Q is .....how much you play D and how much you play O.

Hard blade(outer ply) good for blocking and attacking but lose the spin manipulation ability. Q is what do you want? What's you main game?

Other Q.......I've seen some blocker with terrible footwork somehow wanted to be a chopper who need terrific footwork.......it won't work. BTW..I think your footowrk will allows you to chop....seen 1-2 of your videos.

What I do now
1. Violin when playing player 0-2300 rated, by gereral not always. I'll get my chances to attack and keep then guessing.
2. Willtria when playing 2200+ (with power loop) - 2500. I need to slow things down and to make sure my ball have high % to land on the table. Plus those players have excellent short game. I won't get many chance to attack.

Choose blade that match you ability and your game....and sometime opponent!!!

EASY P - http://nexyusa.com/collections/rubber/products/easy-p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6tyNTO7 ... ure=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0zkq9Ja3E8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dARovqP9tT0#t=64