OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 06:17

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 534 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 36  Next
PostPosted: 19 Aug 2019, 11:50 
Super User

Deservedly good results there for you Char Def for all your hard work and dedication. Also interesting finding with the TM on D. Carbon. Thanks for sharing. :up:

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2019, 01:05 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
Thank you TTBuddy, you are one of the kindest , most polite members around here :) :)

Some people have complained about the TM hype . Well, it´s been proved already - by other forum members - that TM NEEDS a perfect combination with the right blade, otherwise, Tm yields run of the mill results . :) .

Anyone here can try the combination I have posted and check if I am right . The only drawback is that D. Carbon costs 99€ - about 94€ with the discount- but you are investing in yourself and in a blade that will last for a long time . ;)

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2019, 14:51 

Blade: OSP Imune Pushblocker
FH: Yasaka Rakza Z
BH: DrNeubauer TroubleMaker
Hi charmander defender,

You speak about a « deluxe carbon » blase but from which brand ?

Thanks

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2019, 15:50 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I'm still using Troublemaker on my bat, and I'm still convinced it's one of the best LPs that's come out for along time. I'm also getting some of the best results with it as well. It's not perfect, and probably won't suit every style of player, but for me it's very effective both close-in and away from the table (at least for me), but with most LPs it's mostly one aspect or the other where it excels.

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2019, 21:49 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
Same for me haggis, I really like it, and am looking forward to playing my first official tournament with it in a couple of weeks. At the club, it's been really good for my game.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2019, 23:35 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Derf59 wrote:
Hi charmander defender,

You speak about a « deluxe carbon » blase but from which brand ?

Thanks

Hi!

It is Der materialspezialist Deluxe Carbon . It is rated off -. It makes TM more dangerous ,faster pushes due to the carbon layer. Spin reversal improves a lot , low blocks , speedier attacks on backspin.

The only problem is - as usual - the no spin ball . More speed, less control , hence , twiddling, sidewiping .

It seems that every long pip that does work has problems when dealing with the no spin ball . :sweat: :sweat:

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2019, 23:49 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

haggisv wrote:
I'm still using Troublemaker on my bat, and I'm still convinced it's one of the best LPs that's come out for along time. I'm also getting some of the best results with it as well. It's not perfect, and probably won't suit every style of player, but for me it's very effective both close-in and away from the table (at least for me), but with most LPs it's mostly one aspect or the other where it excels.

Yes, I do agree .Tm is versatile .If you asked me what kind of lover I would prefer the most , then, I would tell you the lover that makes great love with different options rather than a lover who just does one thing well :lol: :lol: .

This is what makes Tm excel : versatility . Those who claimed Tm was just hype can't have found the right blade . For example , As I have said in other posts , Tm on TSP Balsa 2.5 is harmless but Tm on D. Carbon is a horse of a different color . :lol: :lol:

I imagine it happens the same thing on TSP Trinity Carbon .

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2019, 00:23 

Blade: Butterfly Joo Sae Hyuk
FH: Tibhar Evolution FX-S Max
BH: Tibhar Grass D.Tecs 0,5m
Anyone used Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker in blade Butterfly Joo Sae Huyk?

What is your opinion?

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2019, 02:43 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
haggisv wrote:

I share this opinion about the excellence of this LP completely (though I do think a few other LPs are similarly effective) and would still be using Troublemaker if not for the fact that both sheets I've tried have had pips falling out in the center of the sheet in droves after only two months of use. I know that other users have had this issue with this LP as well, while some have never lost any pips, but I can only speak of my own experience. I don't want to buy a new sheet every two months.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2019, 02:58 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

TraditionalTradesman wrote:
haggisv wrote:

I share this opinion about the excellence of this LP completely (though I do think a few other LPs are similarly effective) and would still be using Troublemaker if not for the fact that both sheets I've tried have had pips falling out in the center of the sheet in droves after only two months of use. I know that other users have had this issue with this LP as well, while some have never lost any pips, but I can only speak of my own experience. I don't want to buy a new sheet every two months.

It does seem some soft long pips that work have a durability issue-not in the case of D. Techs- . It may be a question of the style of play or a faulty batch .

I understand your disappointment ,however,I think it is too early to give up on TM.

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2019, 04:56 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

charmander defender wrote:
It does seem some soft long pips that work have a durability issue-not in the case of D. Techs- . It may be a question of the style of play or a faulty batch .

I understand your disappointment ,however,I think it is too early to give up on TM.

Well, if I thought no other long pips were nearly as good, I'd probably stick with the Troublemaker, but there are others that seem comparable, so I'm trying them out to see if they might be more durable. Two sheets both losing pips after just two months is probably not a coincidence, especially since there are other long pips I've played with that have never lost pips at all.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2019, 07:20 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

TraditionalTradesman wrote:

Well, if I thought no other long pips were nearly as good, I'd probably stick with the Troublemaker, but there are others that seem comparable, so I'm trying them out to see if they might be more durable. Two sheets both losing pips after just two months is probably not a coincidence, especially since there are other long pips I've played with that have never lost pips at all.

I seem to remember you liked Kamikaze ox,why don't you keep using it? is it not durable?

Maybe you are one of the few who has had problems with TM durability? is there anyone else ?

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2019, 07:30 
Pimple Popper
Pimple Popper

haggisv wrote:

This is the same reason i've stuck to it as well and have sold a few others on it. It's not perfect, not the "best" at anything - but its pretty well darn good at just about everything. and that's what I need in today's highly adaptive game!

"slappy slappy slappity slap"

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2019, 07:37 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

I seem to remember you liked Kamikaze ox,why don't you keep using it? is it not durable?

Maybe you are one of the few who has had problems with TM durability? is there anyone else ?

Yes, the DMS Kamikaze is one of the LPs I had in mind when I said several are about as good as the Dr. N. Troublemaker. I liked the Troublemaker slightly more than the Kamikaze because of its better attacking ability (and greater capacity for spin variation), but I'm now using the DMS Elite Long, which is similar to Kamikaze as far as short controlled blocking and good spin reversal but better for attacking and spin variation. Too early to tell if durability will be an issue.

As far as the durability of the Troublemaker, I think if you look back earlier in this thread, there were several people who had the same issue I did, I think, and if you look at the German pips forum, there were people who voiced the same complaint. But, look, if you're using it and not breaking pips, that's great, and you should keep using it. It might be something about my specific technique, but as I'd mentioned, the only LPs where pips started breaking THIS early for me are the two sheets of Troublemaker I've tried. Even the Spinlord Dornenglanz that many people complain about in terms of its durability lasted longer. And other pips I've used for a long time, like the Giant Dragon Snowflake or Talon or the Death Metal or the TSP P-1R or the Xiom Guillotine (back when that was around), have never lost so much as a single pip.

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2019, 10:19 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
Tradesman, I see that one of your setups has Gangster on it. I have a friend who really likes to use it, can you compare the Gangster to the Troublemaker?

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 534 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 36  Next