OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 03:58

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Super Kim
PostPosted: 16 Dec 2019, 18:40 
Super User

Hi,

Was browsing through Tenryu, when I noticed a long-pips named Yinhe Super Kim .. Never heard of it before ...

Is it new, and has anyone played with it ?

Post subject: Re: Super Kim
PostPosted: 16 Dec 2019, 23:08 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
They sent me a sample with our last order... I'll see if I can find it, forgot all about it. :oops:

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2019, 05:08 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
The boys at TT maximum have been testing SK for a while. They say it has some pontential,....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOs9x8HRHZE

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2019, 06:54 
Super User

Looks an interesting long pip especially with mention of the word 'slow' :D Good video too as they are testing OX and 1.1 and on different blades too :up: OX version shows potential as a good all-round-pip.

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2019, 08:36 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
The guy in the review said, as is apparent from the video, that the trajectory on blocks is low and reversal is good. They said, also, that attacking with these pips is easy enough. He said that the chops against no-spin were pretty good, and he didn't have someone who could do strong topspin available so they'll have to test chops against topspin later.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2019, 14:40 
Super User

Oddly, I don't find this rubber on any AliExpress store ...

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2019, 13:34 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Aha...

https://www.tenryu.com.my/store/Yinhe-S ... =1853&in=4

It's a $20 rubber.

Quote:
Well-Balanced Long Pimples (Specialize for DPR Korea T.T. Team)

It is a well-balanced long pimpled rubber with tiny pimples, recommended for the attacking and defensive players when close to the table and for defensive players who value consistency. The super soft sponge makes the first attack is possible without being easily affected by the opponent's spin. Backhand player with and without back-spin will be your big weapon.

I guess that explains the "Kim". Note it's only available with sponge (at least from this source). I've never seen it, either, in any Yinhe catalog. And it's not listed on Yinhe website:

http://www.yinhe1986.cn/products.aspx?T ... d=t3:145:3

Iskandar

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2019, 13:57 
Super User

iskandar taib wrote:
Aha...

I've never seen it, either, in any Yinhe catalog. And it's not listed on Yinhe website:

Iskandar

:o

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2019, 14:15 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

It IS in the LARC, though:

https://ittf.cdnomega.com/eu/2019/10/LA ... 0.2019.pdf

It's 49-009. Which means it was registered before Qing and Uranus Poly.

Actually.. reading the LARC - there's a bunch more rubbers that don't appear on the web site. Ever hear of...

46-016 Yinhe Young
46-017 Yinhe VIP
46-018 Ynhe VVIP

These are all long pips rubbers listed in the LARC.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2019, 17:50 

iskandar taib wrote:
Aha...

https://www.tenryu.com.my/store/Yinhe-S ... =1853&in=4

It's a $20 rubber.

Quote:
Well-Balanced Long Pimples (Specialize for DPR Korea T.T. Team)

It is a well-balanced long pimpled rubber with tiny pimples, recommended for the attacking and defensive players when close to the table and for defensive players who value consistency. The super soft sponge makes the first attack is possible without being easily affected by the opponent's spin. Backhand player with and without back-spin will be your big weapon.

I guess that explains the "Kim". Note it's only available with sponge (at least from this source). I've never seen it, either, in any Yinhe catalog. And it's not listed on Yinhe website:

Iskandar

The OX and sponge versions of Super Kim are available from the Ukrainian web-shop: www.tt-maximum.com. The owner of the shop is a tall slim guy in the video of testing
Super Kim. I dealt with him before. He is a great guy who communicates in good English. The web shop has an English presentation as well.

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2019, 19:06 
Super User

redspot wrote:

The OX and sponge versions of Super Kim are available from the Ukrainian web-shop: http://www.tt-maximum.com. The owner of the shop is a tall slim guy in the video of testing
Super Kim. I dealt with him before. He is a great guy who communicates in good English. The web shop has an English presentation as well.

yeah yeah... Alexi Spycovsky/spacecovsky, or something on those lines.. .. the site has a decent selection of equipment, catering to the defensive style of play ..

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2020, 23:05 

The crazy thing about this rubber is that the sponged version has a stamp that says "DPR Korea" on the sponge.
If true, that would make it probably the only rubber that is at least partially produced in North Korea.

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2020, 05:00 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
I've been trying this rubber out in OX over the past few days. Here's a review.

The pips are pretty firm, and the tips are smooth, not textured. They are aligned horizontally. I didn't measure their length, but they seem somewhere close to max or just a bit under it, pip spacing is wide and the pips themselves are thin but not overly so.

What I'm seeing so far as far as playing properties (on my Tachi Plus, 2019-version):

(1) The rubber is slow and controlled. It's slow and controlled on blocks, chops and attacks.

(2) The throw is low. Blocks against topspin return a very low trajectory, similar to other rubbers optimized for the new ball, such as Troublemaker, Kamikaze or Death Metal. Chops from off the table sometimes go a bit higher, though.

(3) Because of the slow pace and low throw, most blocks can be kept on the table.

(4) Passive spin reversal is decent. Again, it's similar to some of those other rubbers I listed as optimized for the new ball (except for the Death Metal, which has very little reversal on passive blocks but is very good for chop-blocks).

(5) Chop-blocking is effective. It doesn't generate the level of underspin that the Death Metal can generate on chop blocks, but it does generate underspin that's significant enough to require your opponent to really loop the next one.

(6) Attacking is easy but not dangerous. Pretty much any ball (even slow, high-arching loops) can be attacked with this rubber, but because the attacks aren't very fast, they're also not that hard for opponents to return. For example, with some rubbers that are good for attacking underspin, such as the DMS Elite Long or Death Metal, the attacks are not only faster but also result in more of a nasty no-spin ball that gives opponents problems, but this rubber returns more of a light topspin against underspin (more spin reversal, in other words), which means it's easier to smack back at you.

(7) Due to this rubber's low grip, attacking in the form of hitting or an aggressive push with an open blade is far more effective than attacking in the form of rolling the ball, which, if done too aggressively, is a bit risky due to the possibility that the pips don't engage the ball and you wind up netting it.

(8) Due to this rubber's low grip, if you try to take an underspin serve or push too early, you won't get the ball over the net. You need to wait. If you wait, however, you can return the ball very safely with aggressive pushes (which, again, aren't very fast).

(9) Because of this rubber's low grip, sideswipes seem to be less effective than with some of these other pips, and at the same time, it seems a bit more sensitive to sidespin than some other pips. Not sure I can explain this (maybe it's the lack of textured pips that result in the ball skidding off the pips more?), but the sensitivity to sidespin isn't huge and is easy to adjust to, so not a big deal.

(10) Chops were easy to do but didn't necessarily produce a massive amount of underspin, as you'd expect from a low-grip rubber.

(11) On blocks and chops, I did notice that my opponents were often misjudging spin and, most commonly, overshooting the table but sometimes also underestimating the spin.

(12) Since it's only been a few days, I can't speak to quality/durability. The rubber seems generally well-made, and the pips seem solid but, again, too early to tell.

My overall impression is that I need to give it a bit more time to see if I'm too much of a sitting duck due to the lack of much "POW!" on my own attacks, so that they're too easy to blast back at me. But, overall, this is a very good and comparatively inexpensive rubber that is good for blocking (primarily), chopping (occasionally) and attacking easily and consistently (though not dangerously or with speed). My initial sense is that it may be a rubber that's better at lower levels and may not be as effective against over-2000 (U.S.) players, but I need to play around with it more to see if I still feel that way after another week or two (assuming I don't give up on it beforehand). In any event, from what I can already tell, this is a rubber that should be in the conversation if you're considering an ABS-ball optimized blocking long pips rubber.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2020, 21:31 
Super User

TraditionalTradesman - Many thanks, for the rather detailed & insightful review...