OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 12:30

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Slowest legal LP
PostPosted: 04 Mar 2021, 01:12 
Super User

Blade: D. M. S. The Wall Def-
FH: S&T Secret Flow Chop
BH: Spectre OX
OX Dawei 388D have sink effect?

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2021, 06:56 
Super User

It looks and plays very similar to Bomb Talent. It is slower with less friction and better speed absorption (if that's what you mean). Fantastic cheap LP!

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2021, 23:53 
Super User

I don't know Bom Talent, I play with UV treated + loctite with Giant Dragon Talon National Team OX red. Yes speed absortion, braking effect, sink effect is all the same, thanks.

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2021, 08:56 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Armstrong SH-I 1.8
BH: S&T Hellfire X OX
I haven't tried Death. Slowest LP I have played with is Curl P3aR. The original Hellfire is also quite slow.

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2021, 14:38 
Super User

merlin el mago wrote:
OX Dawei 388D have sink effect?

Sink Effect .. ? with an LP .. ? thought MPs were more adept at creating this so-called Sink Effect ... BTW .. as per you, what is sink-effect ?

I've played with both - Bomb Talent (OX), and 388D OX ... 388D is slower, offers a bit more reversal (on passive blocks), and has more funk .. Bomb, on the other hand is more deceptive, but, I think, in a more subtle way, which makes it more dangerous. It seems to force more errors, out of my opponents... I can attack better with the BT, as compared to 388D, and some other LPs too.. For me, it works just as well, at the table, and away (mid-distance) .. It requires some use of the the wrist ... 388D, too is not bad, at the table, but, works better away from it..

I did not like 388D, at all, on my thick (10mm) Balsa-core blade ... Bomb, on the other hand, works very well on it...

BT is also more durable .. I've had bad luck with my 388D sheets .. Started to lose pips, within 3-4 months ..

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2021, 02:14 
Super User

Speed absortion, braking effect, sink effect for me it's all the same.

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2021, 06:24 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
If you are looking to play close to the table with a rubber that takes the speed off of loops and gives you spin reversal with sink effect you should switch from long pips to one of the new frictionless anti spin rubbers. They'd probably work great on that carbon blade you have.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2021, 19:10 

I want to try one of these anti spins but but I play with light balsa blades, and I've read that the anti doesn't work well with those :(

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2021, 19:49 
Super User

merlin el mago wrote:

Oh ... I was always under the impression that the above 3 are all different effects ..

I could be mistaken, but my pea-brain always thought ..

Speed Absorption - Quite obvious and self-explanatory

Braking Effect - - Mainly on passive block against top-spins .. the return with long-pips (D.tecs excels at this), seems to brake/stop in it's tracks, just for a split moment, and then continues to move forward..

Sink Effect - The balls travels in a low, fast and flat towards the opponent, and abruptly drops downwards, bouncing on the table sooner than expected, which gives the perception of a dip. This forces the opponent to dumb the ball into the net. I've seen this, mostly on flat-hits with MPs, or even some SPs

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2021, 21:37 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
ootbs wrote:
merlin el mago wrote:

Oh ... I was always under the impression that the above 3 are all different effects ..

Braking Effect - - Mainly on passive block against top-spins .. the return with long-pips (D.tecs excels at this), seems to brake/stop in it's tracks, just for a split moment, and then continues to move forward..

Sink Effect - The balls travels in a low, fast and flat towards the opponent, and abruptly drops downwards, bouncing on the table sooner than expected, which gives the perception of a dip. This forces the opponent to dumb the ball into the net. I've seen this, mostly on flat-hits with MPs, or even some SPs

Spot on !! however, we need to remember that , nowadays,pips and antis are just a tool to set up a certain strategy,......... been watching Laurenti's games in the Italian championship..... some games were in her favour 2-3 ..... guess what? she won by attacking with the forehand,..... her anti was just a strategy to set up a great fh attack,... and, by the way, she twiddles very well,....the points with her anti were a tiny percentage,.....

Just discussing sink effect etc is , at present, a tiny part of the victory for defenders,..... no changes in the ball, no changes in the rules?,... you need twiddling and a great fh,.... end of the story in my opinion ..... but it seeems we want to find water in the desert when talking about pips,...... no oasis in the desert for pips,....

You reach a decent level?,..great!!,..reality will open your eyes after the 2400+ USA level ( just to give an idea of what I am talking about ) ,....

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2021, 10:19 
Super User

It seems we want to find water in the desert when talking about pips,...... no oasis in the desert for pips,.... :rofl: :rofl:
So funny but so true CharDef :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2021, 14:41 
Super User

charmander defender wrote:
Spot on !! however, we need to remember that , nowadays,pips and antis are just a tool to set up a certain strategy,......... been watching Laurenti's games in the Italian championship..... some games were in her favour 2-3 ..... guess what? she won by attacking with the forehand,..... her anti was just a strategy to set up a great fh attack,... and, by the way, she twiddles very well,....the points with her anti were a tiny percentage,.....

Just discussing sink effect etc is , at present, a tiny part of the victory for defenders,..... no changes in the ball, no changes in the rules?,... you need twiddling and a great fh,.... end of the story in my opinion ..... but it seeems we want to find water in the desert when talking about pips,...... no oasis in the desert for pips,....

You reach a decent level?,..great!!,..reality will open your eyes after the 2400+ USA level ( just to give an idea of what I am talking about ) ,....

yep ... agree 100% ... The so-called Deception, Funk, Sink, Reversal with pip, works only upto a certain level, or if the player is just not used to playing against pip.. I know of some really really good players, who struggle against pips/antis .. But, by-n-large, most intermediate to advance level players aren't susceptible to these effects.. What does work is mixing-up your game .. Twiddling, for instance, does work .. sending back no-spin, instead of backspin, using a seemingly same chop-action, does work (Disclosure - I'm no good at this) ... Most importantly, having strong attacking capabilities from the inverted side, is what'll win you the bulk of points..

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2021, 16:01 
Super User

:up: Couldn't agree more ootbs :rock:

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2021, 20:30 
Super User

ootbs wrote:
merlin el mago wrote:

Thank you.

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2021, 22:12 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
With so many hindrances for pips due to the ITTF's policy,I have been thinking that the best road is to ramp up the speed on the ball to mess up with the opponent's timing .

I am talking about when the player wants to improve to achieve their maximum level.Slowness on the pip will leads us to a decent level but just enough.With this plastic ball any pip by itself- even the famous flantis- will get you very few extra points .

To maximize speed you can either use a faster blade or a slower blade and a very fast pip .Yes, the problem is control.Hence, training more is paramount.

Monstruous reversal to feed you in the game is a thing of the past,mates.It seems the new defensive player of the COVID ERA :lol: , is a product of a strategy based game : using the pip/ anti to set up a counterattack .For this, the player needs a good Fh and sometimes a surprising twiddling game.Let me remind you all that the opponents I have in mind are the cleverest,fastest,spinniest, CHOOO SCREAMERS on the planet :lol:

I understand some players cannot stay away from slowness because of injuries but if you keep fit in your 40s-50s-60s etc and injury free, you will see that if you keep a good speed , the rest of the players will be so slow you have more chances to beat them .This is true the older you get .Therefore,pal, the key to this story is speed.Speed on the ball for the pip and the inverted.

Thus, we needn't be fooled any more by the manufacturers' hype....... speed, speed, speed,....more training , training,training,....... come to think of this : the galaxy is moving at an impressive speed right now while you are reading this post so without you noticing you are also moving at a tremendous speed.Your cells are moving all the time working for you inside your body, this very minute . In consequence,it makes sense speed is the key in our game too .....

by bombastic courtesy of Char Def :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!