OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 20:50

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Proideal Magician II
PostPosted: 01 Jan 2024, 02:44 

Blade: Matador texa carbon
FH: Dignics 05
BH: Grass d tecs 0x
Hello guys,

Im a brazilian player and recently i've been to the brazilian national championships, the biggest tournament here. And i've seen lots of players winning matches using this Magician II, for example Leo Arata, who is one of the best OX LP players.

I tried to look for informations in regards to this LP, but little to none is to be found online, there's a topic here talking about it, but people are not talking what they should be about this. Luca Kumahara (previosly Caroline Kumahara), an olympic player from brazil for example lost to a guy who plays penhold with magician.

What's so special about it? It is fully cured by apparently a thermo vulcanization proccess that eliminates nearly all the friction, makes it harder and expands individually each pimple. To play against it is a challenge, one you will face when playing an AntiSpin player, but with LOTS os spin reversal and deceptive effect, one i've never seen before.

I managed to get my hands on one for about 30 minutes with someone who was using it, the ball bounces twice almost every time on the opponents table and with lots of backspin, but the top spin is not the greatest.

This proideal brand only have Magician I and II, both of them have versions full cured, top cured and "dinggu" (idk what that means), the I has an uncured version for sale, but the II i dony see it anywhere.

The general referee said that it has a bigger and wider pimple than permitted by the ittf, but somehow it is on the lattest LARC, probably next year it will be prohibited here in Brazil, but im not sure about that. Everyone here is talking about this, but nobody outside of Brazil seems to know how OP this pimple is.

This pimple is sold in yoycart (https://m.yoycart.com/Product/570840848190/) and the version everyone is using is the "Magic Two full cured professional".

What I want to know:

What is Proideal and they are only there to make this cured pimple, like a ghost brand?

Why the ittf allowed something like this to happen?

Did anybody outside from Brazil ever seen one of this? Are there videos about it?

Post subject: Re: Proideal Magician II
PostPosted: 01 Jan 2024, 09:21 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Falik wrote:
The general referee said that it has a bigger and wider pimple than permitted by the ittf, but somehow it is on the lattest LARC, probably next year it will be prohibited here in Brazil, but im not sure about that. Everyone here is talking about this, but nobody outside of Brazil seems to know how OP this pimple is.

This pimple is sold in yoycart (https://m.yoycart.com/Product/570840848190/) and the version everyone is using is the "Magic Two full cured professional".

What I want to know:

What is Proideal and they are only there to make this cured pimple, like a ghost brand?

Did anybody outside from Brazil ever seen one of this? Are there videos about it?

I don't think the ITTF 'allows' it to happen. They most likely approved the untreated version, which allowed it to go onto the LARC.

The Referee should know that for a rubber to be legal, it must be (1) on the LARC and (2) must not be modified in any way. I suspect that the referee probably does know this, but simply lets it pass, because it's too difficult to enforce.

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2024, 09:45 

haggisv wrote:
Falik wrote:

What I want to know:

I don't think the ITTF 'allows' it to happen. They most likely approved the untreated version, which allowed it to go onto the LARC.

The Referee should know that for a rubber to be legal, it must be (1) on the LARC and (2) must not be modified in any way. I suspect that the referee probably does know this, but simply lets it pass, because it's too difficult to enforce.

But how can you prove that it is illegal/treated without human interference?

About the larc.. it is almost impossible to find this magician 2 without being cured/treated, I think ittf should know about this and ban it from larc, because it is clearly a pimple made to be cured.

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2024, 11:36 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Falik wrote:
But how can you prove that it is illegal/treated without human interference?
Yes that's the hard bit indeed... but it sounds like from the ones yuo've seen it's pretty obvious... if the tips of the pimple feel hard and cured. Still is up to the referee to decide on the day.

Falik wrote:
About the larc.. it is almost impossible to find this magician 2 without being cured/treated, I think ittf should know about this and ban it from larc, because it is clearly a pimple made to be cured.
The ITTF is supposed to buy retail versions of the rubbers from an official distributor every couple of years or so to test if they're still legal. Of course these rubbers are probably treated by someone after manufacturer, which is hard to stop and not the fault of the manufacturer.

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2024, 17:36 

haggisv wrote:
The ITTF is supposed to buy retail versions of the rubbers from an official distributor every couple of years or so to test if they're still legal. Of course these rubbers are probably treated by someone after manufacturer, which is hard to stop and not the fault of the manufacturer.

But im not sure who is the official distributor of proideal, if you can find it, im a bit curious to see If it is possible to buy it the uncured/unmodified version of the pimple.

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2024, 05:21 

Any more info any news any videos anything?

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2024, 06:49 

bugu wrote:

They here in Brazil now are testing the height of the pimple, so if the pimple has more than 2.02mm it is banned, the magician has 2.4 - 2.7mm

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2024, 20:02 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Falik wrote:
bugu wrote:
the magician has 2.4 - 2.7mm

Then they must have modified it or created new version, or else the ITTF would not have approved it.

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2024, 00:23 

haggisv wrote:
Falik wrote:
bugu wrote:
the magician has 2.4 - 2.7mm

Then they must have modified it or created new version, or else the ITTF would not have approved it.

Yes, all the long pips I mentioned are "cured", that means they modified it.

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2024, 01:09 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
But have to be clear when saying they, which they is that. The factory or the sellers. There’s a scenario where the factory making standard legal rubbers then some people bought and cured them and sell them as cured rubbers. There’s also a scenario where the factory makes both versions and sell them as standard and cured versions. Although the second one is less likely, but still not impossible.

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2024, 14:37 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

I agree... and if the pimples truly are 2.4 to 2.7mm, it's likely the manufacturer that's modified it or has created another version (or another factory has copied it) , because making it longer by 20% - 35% by treating it, seems like an awful lot.

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2024, 14:45 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

What’s the approximate percentage difference for this one?

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2024, 14:54 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

This one is more drastic. Biggest I’ve seen. Magically cured by somebody (not from the factory) from one of the Dawei Saviga.

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2024, 15:15 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Wow, that's huge!!!

Great for oversize blades! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2024, 15:38 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

I’m waiting for the cured version for this particular blade.