OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 19:06

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: HALLMARK Clutter LP
PostPosted: 25 Jul 2023, 20:45 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
HALLMARK Clutter-LP features thin medium-hardness long pimples combined with almost tacky high-grip heads to produce low and dangerous ball trajectories

HALLMARK Clutter-LP unfolds its full potential in variable close-to-the-table (blocking) situations with confusing trajectories and early-falling balls which will present a serious problem to your opponents

PROPERTIES:
Rubber Category: Long Pimples
Characteristics: DEF/AR+
sponge hardness: Soft +
Speed: 51
Control: 88
Spin: 101

€39.90

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

Post subject: Re: HALLMARK Clutter LP
PostPosted: 27 Jul 2023, 22:17 
Super User

Close to the table long pimple! Looking forward to someone posting a review.

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2023, 18:49 
Sitting on Defence
Sitting on Defence

Blade: TSP Trinity Carbon
FH: Tibhar MX-S 2.0mm
BH: Viper 0.5mm
This reminds me a bit of that pip from back in the day with tacky tips and slippery sides. What was the name of that one again?

Personalized Online Performance Coaching for Table Tennis now available!

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2023, 19:15 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Have not heard much from Hallmark in recent times, good to see they're still making pimples!

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2023, 07:28 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

haggisv wrote:
Have not heard much from Hallmark in recent times, good to see they're still making pimples!

The original owner Steve Hall sold the company to Contra.de. Hallmark is still a major brand in the German LP market but internationally they seem to have pretty much fallen off the map.

The good news is all of the Hallmark blades we know and love are still being produced, although I can say for a fact that they reduced the size of the iconic Hallmark Strategy blade. I preferred the larger size, but the smaller one is still a great blade. Of course, Hallmark Tactics is currently one of the best LPs available if you can find it anywhere.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2023, 07:46 
Super User

How does the Tactic compare to d tech. I’m always looking for new long pips but always seem to go back to d tech. Just hoping clutter is the one !

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2023, 09:47 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

The old Grass Dtecs was the best long pimple with friction, however, when Tibhar revised it they made the pips shorter. As a result, Dtecs lost control and the ability to absorb hard hits as well. For me, Tactics is better because it is still disruptive and has superior control. Haven't tried Clutter.

Attachments:
IMG_8074.jpg
IMG_8074.jpg [ 1.17 MiB | Viewed 2239 times ]

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2023, 10:17 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
TTnightmare wrote:
I’m always looking for new long pips but always seem to go back to d tech.

Exactly the same for me :lol:

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2023, 20:07 
Super User

Blade: Nittaku: Shake Defense
FH: Andro: Rasanter R48 1.7
BH: Spinlord: Leviathan 1A ox
I had a brief session with Hallmark clutter and can offer some initial impressions. One of the veteran players at my club has x2 Re-Impact Dark Knight blades, one has hallmark Tactics ox and the other has hallmarks Clutter ox. I did some basic drills with both blades for an hour and can offer some preliminary findings. Please note I usually play with a S&T Zeus blade with is very different to a Dark Knight blade. My normal rubber is Leviathan 1a ox which is branded by spinlord as an "Improved" form of Dornenglanz. I have been using long pimples for the last 10 years and have tried many of the pimples on the market. I play at a 1900-2000 USATT level and can play most of the long pimple shots.

Control: Clutter > Tactics > Leviathan
Grip: Clutter > Tactics > Leviathan
Spin Insensitivity: Leviathan > Tactics > Clutter
Spin Reversal: Leviathan > Tactics > Clutter
Chop Block: Leviathan > Tactics > Clutter
Attacking no spin: Clutter > Tactics > Leviathan
Lifting/rolls/Flicks: Leviathan > Tactics > Clutter
Pimple effect/Wobble/Sink: Leviathan > Tactics >Clutter

As I said earlier I only had a brief session with Clutter and Tactics but enough that i got a good sense of both rubbers. Both Tactics and Clutter are much more alike then Leviathan. Leviathan in my opinion is the far superior rubber. For all those ooak members who are familiar with Dornenglaz, leviathan 1a is like Dornenglanz but made for active play. See the Leviathan review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pipm6DJN3C0

Clutter plays similarly to Tactics but it has higher grip, resulting in more control but less spin reversal and less pimple effect. Clutter is similar to a whole bunch of generic all round rubbers such as Trouble Maker. To be honest I wasn't really impressed with Clutter.

For those wondering if Clutter compares to D'Tecs, to be blunt, it doesnt compared in any way at all. They really occupy different niches in the long pimple market. D'tecs is a unique long pimple with little grip, little control and lots of spin reversal and pimple effect/wobble. Clutter in comparison is more of a all round rubber with values similar to Trouble Maker.

If you are looking for a easy to control long pimple or if you are just learning to play with long pimples then Clutter is a good starting point. If you have mastered some of the basics of long pimples and wish to introduce a more deceptive element to your game then try Tactics. If you train regularly and are willing to trade off control for a long pimple with good sink effect and strong spin reversal then try Leviathan 1a or Dornenglanz.

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2023, 01:05 
Super User

Thanks for the review as you have saved me more money. I’ve tried so many long pimples in fact probably too many. Always looking for that something extra that really doesn’t exist. I now don’t attack with my long pimples and rely on the disturbance effect for opponents to make mistakes or to set up my backhand had attacks (I play long pimples on my forehand). I always seem to go back to Grass Dtech although I don’t think the new sheets are as good. I read tibhar have reduced the size of the pimples so maybe this is the reason but I can’t find anyone that has the old stock to sell. Clutter doesn’t look like a winner to me now either

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2023, 22:56 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Blade: ?
FH: ?
BH: ?
mynamenotbob wrote:
haggisv wrote:

The original owner Steve Hall sold the company to Contra.de. Hallmark is still a major brand in the German LP market but internationally they seem to have pretty much fallen off the map.

The good news is all of the Hallmark blades we know and love are still being produced, although I can say for a fact that they reduced the size of the iconic Hallmark Strategy blade. I preferred the larger size, but the smaller one is still a great blade. Of course, Hallmark Tactics is currently one of the best LPs available if you can find it anywhere.

Interesting. Says distributed by Gewo on the packaging but is shown as Hallmark on the latest ITTF Authorised list of racket coverings. I bought 4 sheets of different sponge thickness Magic Pips quite a few years ago and thought once Hallmark stopped operating they'd loose their relevance. Good to see it's not the case now. What I don't understand though is that whilst Magic Pips and a few other rubbers, are on the authorised list, there is no actual approval code for them. The approval code showing on my Magic Pips from a few years ago is .... it doesn't have one, just the ITTF logo.

Attachment:
magic pips.jpg
magic pips.jpg [ 361.21 KiB | Viewed 2020 times ]

That's going to confuse some testing official, umpire or opponent somewhere :lol: