OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 19:40

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bomb talent?
PostPosted: 29 Jul 2020, 07:11 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
An easy forward/downward stroke, blade slightly open.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2020, 08:10 

TraditionalTradesman wrote:
Thanks, Redspot, that's an interesting view. I have a Nittaku Shake Defense blade somewhere, but I like lighter blades. But maybe I should dig that blade out and try it out with the BT. (One thing about the Bomb Talent: it IS slippery, at least the tips. It's the sides of the pips that have high friction.)

I'm wondering, also, what the forum name is of the guy you're talking about on the Noppen Test forum. I know what he looks like from the video reviews those guys post here and at Noppen Test (usually the guy who posts those videos is Croudy, but his signature has double-inverted). I love the way the guy who tests the pips plays (and have watched many of his reviews, including the review of the BT), but I don't know his forum name.

His name on Noppen Test Forum is gentlemac. Croudy is his teammate. Gentlemac is a tall guy wearing glasses. Croudy is a short guy who mainly feeds
with active attacking shots.

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2020, 08:49 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
One of the problems I can also see with BT is the no spin rallies against LP or even SP.At the moment my old DG is slow and almost zero friction and works fantastic on the Grubba.I got a training partner that has been using BT for years a on a Joola Tony Hold.Lots of control and his BT is really worn down after 3 years of use .Well,.... I like training no spin rallies with him and with my DG pushes and sideswipes he finally ends up sending the ball off the table .

Therefore,you can just imagine what will happen if you use a newish BT against LP rallies.Chances are you will lose the point for sure unless you twiddle.

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2020, 09:59 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
charmander defender wrote:
One of the problems I can also see with BT is the no spin rallies against LP or even SP.At the moment my old DG is slow and almost zero friction and works fantastic on the Grubba.I got a training partner that has been using BT for years a on a Joola Tony Hold.Lots of control and his BT is really worn down after 3 years of use .Well,.... I like training no spin rallies with him and with my DG pushes and sideswipes he finally ends up sending the ball off the table .

Therefore,you can just imagine what will happen if you use a newish BT against LP rallies.Chances are you will lose the point for sure unless you twiddle.

My sense is that the BT is bad against no-spin if you just hold the blade out and let the ball rebound off the smooth tips but good against no-spin if you play actively and activate the friction-heavy sides of the pips. That takes practice, however. So I'll have to see if I can get the hang of it. But my first priority is seeing if I can figure out how to deal with heavy underspin serves

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2020, 21:29 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

With heavy , short underspin serves I usually do a sidewipe.However,what it does matter - apart from the right blade angle - is that first of all it's paramount you first move your foot forward towards the ball,then do the sidewipe.If you just use your hand when approaching the ball, chances are the ball will end up in the net or sail long.
Alternatively,you can put the tip of the blade face down and make an upward movement lifting the ball ,just enough to go over the net .In this way ,you avoid pop-ups and just return the ball deep into their bh.

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2020, 21:47 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
A punch to the corners will work. You just need to figure out the blade angle.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2020, 22:55 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
charmander defender wrote:
Alternatively,you can put the tip of the blade face down and make an upward movement lifting the ball ,just enough to go over the net .In this way ,you avoid pop-ups and just return the ball deep into their bh.

This is the other shot I try sometimes. In my experience this is easier to do with slightly grippier rubbers - eg Curl P4 does this very well - but the technique wotks well with any LP rubber.

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2020, 23:52 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

In my view , it is the safest strategy, especially,against high level players with tricky serves due to the ball flying at net level and loaded with spin.You must either send the ball back very actively,or try to make the ball land as short as possible.Easy,long balls will result in them being killed easily both in the fh or bh

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2020, 01:17 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Thank-you, all. Lots of ideas here. Will try some of them and see what, if anything, works.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2020, 13:20 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

For anyone who's interested, I tried re-attaching my Bomb Talent using a glue sheet tonight, and the problems I was having against heavy underspin serves vanished. If anything, my impression is that the glue sheet gives the rubber a bit more of a disturbing effect. That's what I'm seeing after one practice session. More to come, I guess.

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2020, 16:36 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
Interesting - I always use a glue sheet. Amazing to hear it made such a difference, and sounds promising. Do you have any video footage of you playing? Would be great to see some action shots of the BT in action!

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2020, 01:12 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Don't have a video and hard to do one right now because our club is mostly two people at a time due to Covid-19, so no one is around to shoot a decent video, but I really should do one, even for my own benefit, as I've hardly ever seen myself playing, and a video would probably make it easier to identify my errors. Anyway, will try to do one at some point.

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2020, 02:01 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

LordCope wrote:
Interesting - I always use a glue sheet. Amazing to hear it made such a difference, and sounds promising. Do you have any video footage of you playing? Would be great to see some action shots of the BT in action!

Have much pleasure of yours.

The black rubber is LP sitting on Two (?) Three (?) Four (?) sticky sheets beneath.
He is a citizen of France. He is a prodigy of long pips play.

/Be happy/

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2020, 02:43 
Super User

igorponger wrote:
LordCope wrote:

Have much pleasure of yours.

The black rubber is LP sitting on Two (?) Three (?) Four (?) sticky sheets beneath.
He is a citizen of France. He is a prodigy of long pips play.

/Be happy/

This is Le Boucher .. I've seen quite a few of his videos... He seems to be quite the character ... Nevertheless, I like his game... If I remember correctly, he uses a D.tecs (1-2 Gluesheet), and a Tenergy Rubber (not sure, which one .. T05 <= 1.9mm)... His blade, I hear is a TBALC (Once again, not sure) ...

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2020, 03:28 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
TraditionalTradesman wrote:
For anyone who's interested, I tried re-attaching my Bomb Talent using a glue sheet tonight, and the problems I was having against heavy underspin serves vanished. If anything, my impression is that the glue sheet gives the rubber a bit more of a disturbing effect. That's what I'm seeing after one practice session. More to come, I guess.

It could be that maybe you stretched the pips more onto the gluesheet without realising hence the effects,or/and the glue sheet will also hold the base sheet down better than glue adding stability and allow the pips to bend more easily and add more to the ball.The glue sheet adds 0.1mm and can alter the ox feel sometimes

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!