OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 07:58

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bomb talent?
PostPosted: 04 Feb 2019, 16:53 
Super User

Not sure which version Spin Pips tested. My no.1 LP too. It came recommended by MNNB (a renowned forum member here ;) ) and like Spin Pips I was inspired by GeblockTT's videos on this LP when I swtiched to LP a good few years ago.
A very good LP which suits me well for mainly blocking and hitting and occasional chopping when forced back. Good control too as not very fast.
Version I use: http://www.eacheng.net/Bomb-Talent-Topsheet-p11693.html
Good luck! :up:

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2019, 20:41 

Blade: Kokutaku Ice&Fire
FH: Yasaka Rakza 7
BH: Dr. Neubauer Desperado 2
hello , this one i use

https://ru.aliexpress.com/item/Bomb-Tal ... 45837.html

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2019, 03:58 
Super User

Spin Pips wrote:

Thanks.... I'll get this one...

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2019, 03:48 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
Very curious to hear from anyone who has tried the Bomb Talent OX with the ABS ball. How does it compare to other LPs you've tried as far as passive blocking, active blocking, chopping, attacking and spin-sensitivity? Thanks.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2019, 05:22 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
TraditionalTradesman wrote:
Very curious to hear from anyone who has tried the Bomb Talent OX with the ABS ball. How does it compare to other LPs you've tried as far as passive blocking, active blocking, chopping, attacking and spin-sensitivity? Thanks.

I did try BT last summer.It really works with the ABS ball.I really liked it,however,It got me in the middle of testing anti and Tm so I put off revisiting it .

I recall having good control on passive blocking -reversal is there , I think it depends on the kind of blade you have and the combination with the inverted -

Chopping -run of the mill kind-, attacking sends nice low trajectory balls ,.... BT is on my list to revisit again as massive reversal is a thing of the past and using the pips to prepare the fh attack is becoming more necessary nowadays .

Also, it is inexpensive and for what the expensive long pips offer, the classical lps seem to work just as well or even better .

For example my Globe 979 ox is starting to lose more and more friction and it is working great with the new ball.Even cheaper than BT.With the new regulations any new LP in the market will be just hype. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2019, 16:42 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
I really like BT. Primarily used BT and 388D-1 for about two years before TM came out. I have to try it on one of my Grubba blades.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2019, 17:48 
Super User

My two pennies: Apart from a slight loss in reversal, still an effective and very good jack of all trades LP even with the plastic balls.

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2019, 06:14 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Tried BT OX yesterday for the first time in many years. Seemed promising. Great for attacking, great dampening, decent chopping, lots of funk on everything, and I didn't notice any particular sensitivity to underspin. Its attacking ability was very helpful when I was playing an OX blocker about my own level who was using Grass D.techs. The one thing I didn't really get to test was spin reversal because the only guy I played who could loop was around 1700-1800, so he couldn't really generate the kind of spin/pace that would present a true test. Will hopefully have the opportunity to try it against a greater variety of players tomorrow.

But this raises this question for me: why have others gone away from this rubber ... or is it just that there were better options with the old ball?

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2019, 08:54 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
1. The original Grass D-Tecs was considered the best with the old ball
2. BT is better against plastic than it was against celluloid

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2019, 09:07 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

mynamenotbob wrote:
1. The original Grass D-Tecs was considered the best with the old ball
2. BT is better against plastic than it was against celluloid

That's what I assumed, thanks.

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2019, 10:00 
Super User

I cannot thank MNNB enough for recommending BT :bow: - a LP I very much enjoy playing with (though even on a casual basis) that has exceeded all playing expectations and performance (for me at least) pre and post plastic ball era.Thanks once again MNNB :up:

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2019, 12:44 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Had a chance to use the BT with a variety of players today. My only issue with it so far is sensitivity to no-spin. The Elite Long I'm using doesn't have that issue. Will test a bit more tomorrow.

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2019, 05:02 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Tried BT again, and yeah, can confirm that I'm finding it too vulnerable to no-spin. Ironically, I'm also finding it to be too sensitive to sidespin. Maybe there's something amiss in how I'm using it, but I don't have these issues with Elite Long, Death Metal or Troublemaker.

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2019, 05:16 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
Tried BT again, and yeah, can confirm that I'm finding it too vulnerable to no-spin. Ironically, I'm also finding it to be too sensitive to sidespin. Maybe there's something amiss in how I'm using it, but I don't have these issues with Elite Long, Death Metal or Troublemaker.

What do you mean by too vulnerable?... you send balls out? your blocks are ineffective? .... doesn't the ball have a low trajectory? :?:

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2019, 05:54 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

charmander defender wrote:

What do you mean by too vulnerable?... you send balls out? your blocks are ineffective? .... doesn't the ball have a low trajectory? :?:

Good question. I guess I'd say several things.

Normally, if get a no-spin ball, a bit of grazing with my pips helps gain control over it. So, on contact with my pips against no-spin, I'll usually graze a bit sideways or a bit up or a bit down. All of these generally work, depending on what effect you want to achieve. With Bomb Talent, however, I found many no-spin balls sailing (and, less often, going into the net). I'm not sure what the reason is (that the pips have smooth tips?), but I'd have to be far more careful than usual about timing and blade angle to deal with no-spin effectively.

As for blocks, I don't do passive blocks against no-spin balls (and with BT, those would DEFINITELY sail long), but against topspin, I'm finding that you also have to be more precise than with Troublemaker or Death Metal in blade placement, especially against fast loop-drives. A bit of wrist action/chop-blocking helps here, and that's fine, but it means more errors than I like. As for the trajectory of the ball, it's low but not as low as some others (again, Elite Long but especially Troublemaker and Death Metal have a lower trajectory in my view).

BT does create some welcome weirdness that generates errors on my opponents' part, but I think it requires lots of training to play effectively.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 29  Next