OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 19:39

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: JUIC Offence Ultima
PostPosted: 13 Feb 2007, 14:40 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Anyone know anything about this rubber? I'm told it's a good rubber (by speedy I think) but not being a shot pip player I don't think I can review it myself...

Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Feb 2007, 01:32 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

I used to use Juic Offense (not the ultima which has a different sponge). I provided a lot more spin than the Butterfly Impartial 1.7 I used prior.

It is a typical soft, Japanese style (vertically arranged) short pip, looks fairly similar to TSP Spin Pips MD or Stiga Clippa. The pips are more widely spaced than some, I prefer narrower spaced pips myself.

The ultima sponge I've used on Juic Driva Smash and it glues very well, retaining control on the short game.

I'd say Juic Offense is a good rubber for someone who wants to spin the ball onto the table then follow with a smash, while the 889-2 is probably better for a hitting and blocking kind of game.

-- Andrew

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Feb 2007, 11:11 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Thank you Andrew!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Jun 2007, 21:07 
Rubber Killer!

Tried this for a few days. Its very soft and indeed it has a tensor effect to it. Reminds me of the tango ultra but a slower and more controlled version. The Tango Ultra to me is still the king of SP's for the time being.

Back to the Offense Ultima, It does have a remarkable amount of spin to it for a SP. It can loop pretty effective as well, provided thats not your primary shot. The sound this thing makes on a all out smash is insane. Definitely will turn heads.

Might post a comprehensive review later on,

but for now.... its a cheaper more controllable version of the tango ultra.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Jun 2007, 22:22 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

I used Juic Offense (regular, not Ultima) a number of years ago so may not be able to compare it fairly.

How does it, and my short pips of choice Joola Tango Ultra (though I've been playing more with Pluto recently) compare to Stiga Royal?

I've got a sheet of Royal still in the package but haven't opened it yet.

-- Andrew

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Jun 2007, 23:48 
Rubber Killer!

Tango Ultra to me is quite hard to control because its extremely soft. It sacrifices control for sheer speed and sound. Its also very spinny. Thats the upsides. the downfalls are that it breaks quite easily and the $$$.

Although I must admit I had the Tango Ultra on a Firehand at the time which made the whole setup even more uncontrollable.

The Offense Ultima in 2.0mm is basically the little brother of the Tango Ultra. Can do everything that TU can do but with a higher degree of control. The speed is around a 8 compared to the 10 for TU. also the sponge is slightly harder (not by much). A very versatile soft tensor short pip.

Ive also got a Sheet of Royal uncut in the package :). I'm going to keep that for later on down the track. At the moment I'm playing with 802-40 and Going to have a go with Dragonow.

so far Ive tried the following.

Dragonow, Sharping, 802,802-1,802-40,799,Tango Ultra, Impartial, 563, Kokutaku 119, Offense Ultima and Radical.

At the moment the 802-40 is the most complete sp by far. It can do everything with a high degree of control. I find that its not that funny as the grippy pips make it harder to scrub off spin. If theres anything wrong with it, it would have to be that its just too easy to play with :) everything just works. Also it has a slightly higher throw then I would prefer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jun 2007, 00:04 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

If I had a softer blade I'd probably like the 802-40 more but on mine it's a bit hard. You're right that the JTU is very soft and also pretty fragile.

You might try 889-2 which has the same topsheet as 802-40 but a softer sponge so a little lower throw. The Dawei 388B also has a soft sponge and a low throw but the pips are even gripper than 802-40's. The Andro Revolution COR is also similar to the 388B with a noticeably lower throw.

I was considering trying the Dragonow, so let me know how it is. If it feels as hard as 802-40 then I probably wouldn't like it much.

-- Andrew

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jun 2007, 09:22 
Rubber Killer!

The dragonow is pretty much a 802-40 with a harder sponge, the topsheet is just as stiff.