OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 05:56

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2019, 19:22 
Super User

Lula wrote:
Hey! Nice to see you hear!

I have tried clipper and mazunov before. Then Spirit and now ZLC. I think Haifu Dolphin worked good with all of them. 802 40 with no booster that i use now have a very hard and dead feeling so i do not find the blade to such a big problem. There are proably more feeling in a wooden blade so that would be good, but i think the wooden blade is good enough. I have tried a friends t5000 and it is very fast. Since i have inverted on the backhand i do not know if i can have such a fast blade.

I think such a fast blade can be a good option with double short pimple rubbers. How is the control? How do you like rakza po? i think it is not so much grip in it.

I have used clipper and mazunov aswell. Clipper is only good with lively rubbers with rubbers like Airoc or Mantra it's very dull . Mazunov (new generation) was terrible for me absolutely no feeling. The advantage of T5000 that the bounce is very good once you got used to it it's very diffiult to use another. Used the primorac carbon for 4 years with double inverted and it's great but I agree it's very fast and matches with short strokes. Now using it with the pips and still loving it. The control is excellent havent used a blade that's better for blocking. To compare I recently purchased a DR neubauer High tech cypress carbon (10 mm thick) with DSM power pipes and Dr Nebauer Explosion. That racket is also great for fast blocking but it's so insanely fast and bouncy there is no control when you are even slightly having the angle or position wrong the balls just flies. First pimple racket I used that was as fast as combo's like TENERGY on a primorac carbon. I'm surprised to hear you think Rakza PO has little grip. I think the opposite it's very spinny, it can make good spin on serves, pushes and even opening loops that's coming from me a serious tenergy user.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2019, 05:17 

I think both clipper and mazunov worked pretty good. I think the arc with mazunov was a bit low, or maybe my short pimple was to hard for that blade. More safe if the arc is a little bit higher.

I do not believe in changing equipment to much, need to use something for a while to get the hang of it. But sometimes, like spinpips blue for me you really know that this will not work.

I think Rakza Po do not have as much spin as dolphin or 802 40 as i use now. Feel that the ball moves on the pimples alot, because of less grip. But maybe i remember wrong, long time since i used it.

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2019, 10:50 

hi i use timo boll t5000 with tuttle summer 3c in fh and speedy p.o. in bh. i started using summer 3c 8 month ago .At first I could not play because I used butterfly flarestorm 2,5 mm very hard fast rubber but no spinny like summer 3c or 802-40 or tsp spinpips and similars.
the only disadvantage that has summer 3c is no deceptive on blocks( has hard top sheet but soft sponge), in aliexpress . i bougth in tt store.eu but do not have in stock 2,2mm
so I'll buy friendship 802-40 (I do not know the sponge hardness yet) or tsp spinpips blue. someone tried.
some did the test 802-40 42 ° sponge?

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2019, 11:48 
Super User

I have the 802-40 42 degrees en route, should get it this week.

Meanwhile, Lula, can you tell me which sponge yours is? large pore or small pore, no perceivable pores? Colour (cream, cream with faint light green tint, more prominent light green?

There are so many versions to the 802-40 sponge that its not funny.

Just to further complicate things, can you compare your topsheet to the pictures here:

https://img.alicdn.com/imgextra/i1/1454 ... 542560.jpg

or

https://img.alicdn.com/imgextra/i3/9192 ... 927293.jpg

ie is there a 2-pimple space between the bottom row and the "R.I.T.C" logo, or does it run straight to the edge?

The 802-40 topsheet also changed over the years, used to be shorter and wider (more spin oriented) than now.

Thanks,

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2019, 18:14 

How is TB T5000? i got ZLC instead because i thought T5000 could be to fast.

Hard to get a spinny short pimple that is deceptive at the same time. Deceptive because of less grip.

Do not recommend spinpips blue. Did not like it at all.

I got my 802 40 from a friend. I recommend a thicker sponge than 1,8. Feels a little to hard and dead at the moment. Find it interesting that the sponge i suppose to be soft, when the rubbers feels pretty hard? is the topsheet hard? Could get more control and feeling with a thicker sponge i think. My friend bought the 802 40 from tabletennis11.

The sponge is white.

Do not know about the topsheet. Need to look closer at the racket later.

One of the clubs coach had 802. The topsheet was very different. 802 40 pimples was much bigger, atleast wider.

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2019, 11:27 

tb 5000 is fast but not insane fast ,inclusive i can defend away the table. i feel better than primorac carbon or similars.it is only 5,7 mm

the only bad thing, for me, is light, when i played with butterfly flarestorm i had no problem but when i changed to summer 3c i
sticked pieces of lead under the edge tape.

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2019, 22:07 
Super User

Lula wrote:
How is TB T5000? i got ZLC instead because i thought T5000 could be to fast.

Hard to get a spinny short pimple that is deceptive at the same time. Deceptive because of less grip.

Do not recommend spinpips blue. Did not like it at all.

I got my 802 40 from a friend. I recommend a thicker sponge than 1,8. Feels a little to hard and dead at the moment. Find it interesting that the sponge i suppose to be soft, when the rubbers feels pretty hard? is the topsheet hard? Could get more control and feeling with a thicker sponge i think. My friend bought the 802 40 from tabletennis11.

The sponge is white.

Do not know about the topsheet. Need to look closer at the racket later.

One of the clubs coach had 802. The topsheet was very different. 802 40 pimples was much bigger, atleast wider.

How is the 802 40 from tt11? Hard sponge fast rubber?

And whats the name of the coach playing with 802?

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2019, 22:16 
Super User

The 802-40 42 degrees just arrived. This seems like the best quality sheet of 802-40 I had over the past couple of years!

2.2mm cream coloured non-porous sponge with a very faint hint of green, looks a lot like the last "good" sheet of 802-40 38 degrees I had.

Sponge is noticeably harder than the 38 degrees and slightly harder than the Spinpips Blue, but slightly softer than the regular 802 41 degree (yeah, QC/testing is not 729's forte), softer than the Dolphin too (but topsheet is harder).

Much faster than the 38, but still 15-20% slower than the Spinpips Blue which itself is easily 20% slower than the Red. I haven't had the chance to smash lobs yet, but I'm guessing the top end speed of the 42 degrees is going to be fairly high. I like it and think I'll play with it at least for a few weeks. About a year ago I was looking for an upgrade over the 802-40 38, and I think this does it very well!

I also took the chance to glue on the 802 41 degree. That has an even harder topsheet than the Dolphin and only slightly softer sponge. Less pronounced, but similar "bubbly click" on smashes as the Dolphin. I don't think it is as fast, but maybe you should try it?

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2019, 22:42 
Super User

Blade: Yinhe V14 Pro
FH: Harder Chinese rubber
BH: Softer Chinese/ESN rubber
Hi lasta, I'm assuming the 42 degrees version you've got isn't the "super soft pro version". How does the packaging look like?

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2019, 23:40 
Super User

ziv wrote:
Hi lasta, I'm assuming the 42 degrees version you've got isn't the "super soft pro version". How does the packaging look like?

Its the same packaging as the Revspin: https://revspin.net/assets/table-tennis ... tery-3.jpg

Box says 36/38/40, but sponge is marked 42 degrees. The supersoft version from Zeropong was 35 I believe, is that the one you are talking about?

I think its faster than the Waran, but quite a bit harder.

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2019, 23:59 
Super User

lasta wrote:
ziv wrote:

Its the same packaging as the Revspin: https://revspin.net/assets/table-tennis ... tery-3.jpg

Box says 36/38/40, but sponge is marked 42 degrees. The supersoft version from Zeropong was 35 I believe, is that the one you are talking about?

Interesting that I don't see the 802-40 Mystery III among Friendship/729 pips on revspin.net...

I have this version of 802-40: https://revspin.net/pips/729-802-40.html
The sponge print is indeed saying it's 35 degrees. I haven't used it excessively but my initial impression was that the Waran suits me better.

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2019, 00:10 
Super User

Ahh, that's the one I used to buy back in the 2000s!

Can you compare the topsheet:

or

How close are the pips to the RITC logo? If its the first one, its the "old" 802-40 with very low wide pips, spinnier but slower.

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2019, 00:22 
Super User

lasta wrote:
Ahh, that's the one I used to buy back in the 2000s!

Can you compare the topsheet:

or

How close are the pips to the RITC logo? If its the first one, its the "old" 802-40 with very low wide pips, spinnier but slower.

Something happened to your links.

My 802-40 topsheet looks like this, i.e. the pips are very close to the frame surrounding the logo. Is this the first one or the second one?

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2019, 00:30 
Super User

That is the old one, short very wide pimples. Great for spin, but pretty slow, I actually like that topsheet better. But I heard rumours that 802-40 had to be changed because it didn't fit the "aspect ratio" rule.

BTW when I said faster than Waran, I meant the new version, the special 35 was very slow if I remember correctly.

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2019, 02:28 
Super User

ziv wrote:
lasta wrote:
ziv wrote:

Interesting that I don't see the 802-40 Mystery III among Friendship/729 pips on revspin.net...

I have this version of 802-40: https://revspin.net/pips/729-802-40.html
The sponge print is indeed saying it's 35 degrees. I haven't used it excessively but my initial impression was that the Waran suits me better.

The problem is that waran has been changed in the sponge

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next