OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 05 May 2024, 14:17

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2021, 21:40 
Super User

Blade: Donic Defplay Senso
FH: Mark V HPS 2.0
BH: Dtecs OX
Hi all. If I wanted to try mimic Jean Paul Montanus playstyle with SPs on both sides.

How would they pair on these blades, what would the differences be etc

Stiga Clipper. Tibhar Stratus Power Wood. Donic Waldner Senso Carbon

My Vlog / Blog
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=32572

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2021, 19:10 
Super User

Ndragon wrote:
Hi all. If I wanted to try mimic Jean Paul Montanus playstyle with SPs on both sides.

Hinoki carbon blades are my favorite. I use Primorac Carbon and have used Gergely in the past. I think Nittaku NSD would work well with sp. Blades I used in the past are Clipper Wood and Extreme S and Juic Nebula. For the pips I use Rakza PO max and tibhar speedy soft dtecs 2.0. The tibhar is the best short pip for disturbing effect combined with relatively easy playability.

Good luck!

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2021, 19:41 
Super User

sunflex wrote:
Ndragon wrote:

Hinoki carbon blades are my favorite. I use Primorac Carbon and have used Gergely in the past. I think Nittaku NSD would work well with sp. Blades I used in the past are Clipper Wood and Extreme S and Juic Nebula. For the pips I use Rakza PO max and tibhar speedy soft dtecs 2.0. The tibhar is the best short pip for disturbing effect combined with relatively easy playability.

Good luck!

Cheers thanks for that. I didn't think about the NSD tbh since it's an ALL- kind of blade but you just gave me idea.

I've been reading a lot of recommendations with the Clipper, would you say that's better than the NSD or both should be good just 1 will be slower and perhaps a little easier for a beginner with SP.

My Vlog / Blog

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2021, 20:21 
Super User

Have you heard of gao jun? She is using a matsushita pro def which is also really slow yet it works wonders with her hit and block game. Clipper is a great blade for short pips aswell. He zhi wen is using the Clipper CR if I am not mistaken.

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2021, 21:03 
Super User

sunflex wrote:
Have you heard of gao jun? She is using a matsushita pro def which is also really slow yet it works wonders with her hit and block game. Clipper is a great blade for short pips aswell. He zhi wen is using the Clipper CR if I am not mistaken.

Just looked her up now, very interesting. Thanks for that

My Vlog / Blog

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2021, 22:06 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei Fextra 7
FH: PALIO AK47 Red
BH: Dr. Neubauer K.O. Pro 1.5
Ndragon wrote:
I've been reading a lot of recommendations with the Clipper, would you say that's better than the NSD or both should be good just 1 will be slower and perhaps a little easier for a beginner with SP.

Slow blade is not necessarily better for SP fast attack style. Most defensive blades designed for spin manipulation that may be not a good idea for generally spin agnostic style.

I vote for Stiga Clipper Wood as classic choice and Sanwei Fextra 7 as a budget choice. Fextra plays very like classic Clipper and performs even better in my case. Clipper CR version may be a modern choice but I did not tried it myself.

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2021, 01:31 
Super User

Omut wrote:
Ndragon wrote:

Slow blade is not necessarily better for SP fast attack style. Most defensive blades designed for spin manipulation that may be not a good idea for generally spin agnostic style.

I vote for Stiga Clipper Wood as classic choice and Sanwei Fextra 7 as a budget choice. Fextra plays very like classic Clipper and performs even better in my case. Clipper CR version may be a modern choice but I did not tried it myself.

Well I own a clipper wood so don't have to worry about budget with that.

I don't find the NSD blade too slow close to table though tbh although of course the Clipper is a step up for sure.

I will be getting 2 cheap SPs so I'll definitely put 1 of them on the Clipper as there are just too many recommendations online for me to ignore it now.

Thanks for all the info guys

My Vlog / Blog

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!