OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 07 May 2024, 12:15

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Rakza PO vs 802-40 FH
PostPosted: 14 Nov 2021, 09:04 
Super User

Blade: Donic Defplay Senso
FH: Mark V HPS 2.0
BH: Dtecs OX
Ok guys I've been hit with a dilemma and need a direct comparison between these 2 rubbers for FH.

Someone gave me a used once only Rakza PO in 2.0. I currently use 802-40 1.8, the pro super soft version 35 sponge. Granted I am very new to SPs but have been testing it side by side with Moristo SP 1.8 and I prefer the 802-40 because of the extra grip. I would like it to be faster that's all. I had my eye on Rakza PO as 1 of the potential upgrades already so this is quite lucky.

Are these 2 rubbers worlds apart or somewhat similar.
Also does Rakza PO have a booster that goes away after some months?

Thanks in advance

My Vlog / Blog
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=32572

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2021, 19:38 

Blade: Bty Timo Boll ALC
FH: Yasaka Rakza Po max
BH: DMS Storkraft 1.2
Ndragon wrote:
Ok guys I've been hit with a dilemma and need a direct comparison between these 2 rubbers for FH.

Someone gave me a used once only Rakza PO in 2.0. I currently use 802-40 1.8, the pro super soft version 35 sponge. Granted I am very new to SPs but have been testing it side by side with Moristo SP 1.8 and I prefer the 802-40 because of the extra grip. I would like it to be faster that's all. I had my eye on Rakza PO as 1 of the potential upgrades already so this is quite lucky.

Thanks in advance

Rakza po is perfect short pips for forehand in max thickness. It has spin when you want, for instance for loop against puch or backspin, but it lack spin on blocks which is perfect, you can block allmost all topspins. :rofl:
It has factory booster and rubber is playable 4-6 months. After this period Rakza po becames less lively, less spin but more disturbing on blocks (for opponent).

It is maybe the fastest short pips but with full control. Always you know why you miss the table, which does not hold for the other short pips like Waran. You have to perform complete sharp stroke on loop, this rubber is not only for block or smash or push. Mooooore faster than 802-40 with similar spin (or slightly less spin). Fantastic rubber for forehand. For aggressive blocking especially on backhand with lot of disturbing efect there exist better short pips like Killer, Pluto,802, Keiler... etc.

In general, rakza po in max is better for forehand than Waran, Firestorm, Blowfish, Express ultra, Hexter Force by my experience. They are similar rubbers, but Rakza po is the best for all strokes, loop, smash,block,push....

I use Rakza po max on Timo Boll ALC blade which is also perfect for Storkraft 1.2 anti. If manufacturers may produce the same rubber like Rakza po but with 10% more speed in attack, I will be happier. :D Somethimes I need more speed in drives and smashes against top players because they can counter this "slower" hit(slower than hits with inverted). :headbang: I suppose that top players like Falck use a lot of booster to solve this problem. But booster shrink rubber forever, I tried that, so you have to change rubber every two weeks.

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2021, 19:56 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
^sounds great-whats the throw angle like

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2021, 19:58 
Super User

mataxxl wrote:
Ndragon wrote:

Thanks in advance

Rakza po is perfect short pips for forehand in max thickness. It has spin when you want, for instance for loop against puch or backspin, but it lack spin on blocks which is perfect, you can block allmost all topspins. :rofl:
It has factory booster and rubber is playable 4-6 months. After this period Rakza po becames less lively, less spin but more disturbing on blocks (for opponent).

It is maybe the fastest short pips but with full control. Always you know why you miss the table, which does not hold for the other short pips like Waran. You have to perform complete sharp stroke on loop, this rubber is not only for block or smash or push. Mooooore faster than 802-40 with similar spin (or slightly less spin). Fantastic rubber for forehand. For aggressive blocking especially on backhand with lot of disturbing efect there exist better short pips like Killer, Pluto,802, Keiler... etc.

In general, rakza po in max is better for forehand than Waran, Firestorm, Blowfish, Express ultra, Hexter Force by my experience. They are similar rubbers, but Rakza po is the best for all strokes, loop, smash,block,push....

I use Rakza po max on Timo Boll ALC blade which is also perfect for Storkraft 1.2 anti. If manufacturers may produce the same rubber like Rakza po but with 10% more speed in attack, I will be happier. :D Somethimes I need more speed in drives and smashes against top players because they can counter this "slower" hit(slower than hits with inverted). :headbang: I suppose that top players like Falck use a lot of booster to solve this problem. But booster shrink rubber forever, I tried that, so you have to change rubber every two weeks.

Wow fantastic reply! Just a little late haha but none the less I glued it and tried it and can honestly agree with everything you said. My only issue is the booster effect wearing off. I was hoping to get a much longer time out of it. I have it in 2.0 and its a little slower than Moristo 1.8 so I may consider using Moristo 2.0 for FH in future IF I don't like the speed decrease of Rakza PO in the end. But atm I'm sold on it, fantastic short pips.

You can check my first time using it here

My Vlog / Blog

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2021, 20:07 

peterpong wrote:

Slightly lower throw angle than Firestorm and Blowfish which is perfect for consistent fast and empty blocks with low trajectories, but enough for loop or topspin. In aggressive fast swing you can add lot of spin and feel kick sound like with inverted.

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2021, 20:17 

Ndragon wrote:
mataxxl wrote:
Ndragon wrote:

Thanks in advance

Wow fantastic reply! Just a little late haha but none the less I glued it and tried it and can honestly agree with everything you said. My only issue is the booster effect wearing off. I was hoping to get a much longer time out of it. I have it in 2.0 and its a little slower than Moristo 1.8 so I may consider using Moristo 2.0 for FH in future IF I don't like the speed decrease of Rakza PO in the end. But atm I'm sold on it, fantastic short pips.

You can check my first time using it here

Can you compare Rakza Po and moristo SP on forehand ? Is it worth to try Moristo Sp on forehand, serve, topspin against push, hit, block, disturbance ?

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2021, 20:59 
Super User

mataxxl wrote:
Can you compare Rakza Po and moristo SP on forehand ? Is it worth to try Moristo Sp on forehand, serve, topspin against push, hit, block, disturbance ?

I would need more time with it for a more sure feeling. But Moristo is faster, lower throw. Block feels the same, engages the sponge easier it seems so it can come off quicker sometimes. Disturbance wise it seems slightly more but not much, very similar. The hit is definitely faster at the slower strokes but when you hit really hard it's only a little faster. Topspin against push wasn't quite as nice as Rakza but I definitely need a full session to give a better comparison for this. It still felt nice though, small small differences altogether tbh except the lower throw being quite noticeable and the power on slower strokes also not too little

I'll try it properly tomorrow night for you and give any updates on here

My Vlog / Blog

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2021, 21:34 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
mataxxl wrote:
peterpong wrote:

Slightly lower throw angle than Firestorm and Blowfish which is perfect for consistent fast and empty blocks with low trajectories, but enough for loop or topspin. In aggressive fast swing you can add lot of spin and feel kick sound like with inverted.

have you used raystorm ?If so can you compare . :Chop:

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2021, 22:08 
Super User

Here I use Moristo to open up vs backspin. Starts at 5:03.
This was the first time trying FH short pips properly here and I'm not using the best technique. I have since tried it in training and match play for 1 session with slightly better technique but still not fully correct once it's open

My Vlog / Blog

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!