OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 04 May 2024, 20:33

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 May 2008, 11:41 
Rotatus Maximus
Rotatus Maximus

hookshot wrote:
I find very good reversal.

Hookshot, borrow a sheet of frictionless from someone, and then you'll know what the frictionless posts are all about. You simple haven't seen spin reveral till you block with Inferno, SB, Original, etc.

The difference in the spin reversal created between Super Anti (I haven't tried the Special) and Super Block, must be like the difference in normal spin you can create with hard bat v speed glued inverted. (BTW, I like Super Anti, but the difference is that shocking.)

Member of Anastasia's Fan Club

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 May 2008, 12:05 
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
Hi Shoebox,
I understand that but all those are gone now so what is left? I am just trying to figure if there is anything better than anti or Evil OX. I have not found anything any slower or with more control/
By the way, I had something better than super block! LOL I had put a Dr Evil OX on a blade and when I pulled it off, the glue sheet stuck to the OX but part of the glue came off so I rubbed the glue off the Evil and realized the super thin plastic sheet (in the middle of glue sheets) was still on the rubber so I then put the Evil on a blade with a glue sheet, PIPs IN. Man, talk about reversal!!! LOL :D

Backhand, Sriver FX Max

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 May 2008, 13:17 
Rotatus Maximus
Rotatus Maximus

hookshot wrote:
the super thin plastic sheet (in the middle of glue sheets) was still on the rubber so I then put the Evil on a blade with a glue sheet, PIPs IN. Man, talk about reversal!!! LOL :D

Cool! That's probably what the Gorilla is like ie ultra slippery treated-with-plastic (or something) surface, except much faster.

Member of Anastasia's Fan Club

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 May 2008, 00:08 
Super User

hookshot wrote:
Hi Shoebox,
I understand that but all those are gone now so what is left? I am just trying to figure if there is anything better than anti or Evil OX. I have not found anything any slower or with more control/
By the way, I had something better than super block! LOL I had put a Dr Evil OX on a blade and when I pulled it off, the glue sheet stuck to the OX but part of the glue came off so I rubbed the glue off the Evil and realized the super thin plastic sheet (in the middle of glue sheets) was still on the rubber so I then put the Evil on a blade with a glue sheet, PIPs IN. Man, talk about reversal!!! LOL :D

The Insider is in the speed range of super anti and dr evil with (I think) considerably better reversal, probably a notch worse control. also I cant counterhit even weak topspins with Insider but could with super anti and dr evil. all depends on whats more imprtant to your game.

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2008, 14:34 

hookshot wrote:
I keep reading about how the new antis are too fast. How do they compare speed wise to BTY Super Anti? I use this anti and it is very slow in my book. I can drop hard loops and it has very good reversal. You can vary the spin to a degree by using different strokes. It chops away from the table, lifts work, chop blocks work.
Same questions about Dr Evil OX. If anything, this has even better control that the anti. It is also Very slow even on a fast blade. It is my favorite for the backside right now.
What are you guys looking for that these cannot do? Even slower? I can't picture anything much slower. Both reverse very well.
Please compare them with some of the rubbers you are talking about, pips and anti. (for speed and reversal)
I didn't like the Ellen Defense because it was too fast and had too much grip.
Just trying to understand what you are looking for. How many have tried Dr Evil OX? :D

Hi Hookshot, I recently renewed my membership here and also at MYTT, I play in the same club in Sydney, Australia as fattchoi, recently I decided to take a gamble to change my game a little, after reading quite a few of your posts regarding Dr. Evil ox I bought myself a Yasaka Super Leopard I put a sheet of Dr. Neubauer Domination 1.5mm on the F/H and Dr. Evil on the B/H. Could you please advise, are there any articles floating around that a newcomer to the pimples game can read, to basically try and understand what type of strokes have to be used against all the different spins that an opponent can send you, over 18 months to 2 years ago I was using frictionless pimples, for a short while, when I heard the rumours about them being banned I had to decide to offload them pretty quickly, not wanting to get caught with them and then not being able to sell them. I am presuming that with the Dr. Evil, it is basically a chop or push type of stroke to be played against topspin and a lifting type of stroke against backspin, with various side blocks and brushing type strokes thrown in to mix it up, previously I have tried 804 Anti and 889 short pimples and although they were fairly simple for me to use, they certainly did'nt seem to cause any problems to the opponents, I apologise if my post is too long, I was'nt too sure how to shorten up the different questions that I wanted to ask. Thanks Again, for your time ......
Ozzie Rooster........

4: Donic Ovtcharov F/H Black Xiom Omega V B/H Red Tibhar D-Tecs OX 160g
5: Dr. N. Titan F/H Black Xiom Omega V B/H Red Tibhar D-Tecs OX 153g
6: TSP 8.5 Balsa F/H Black Xiom Omega V B/H Red Tibhar D-Tecs OX 146g
7: Darker Spd 90 1Ply F/H Black Donic Bluefire M2 B/H Red Tibhar D-Tecs OX 146g
8: Juic Hinoki 9mm 1Ply F/H Black Donic Bluefire M2 B/H Red Tibhar D-Tecs OX 151g