OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:57

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
PostPosted: 21 Feb 2023, 04:58 

First loss of championship, something went wrong on 2-0 for me.. :(

Follow me on YouTube ;)

https://youtube.com/user/giacomuz10

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2023, 22:44 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
It's really difficult to play someone who doesn't spin the ball into you when you are using the anti, especially Storkraft. I just played in a tournament this past weekend and got murdered by a bunch of guys that kept feeding me dead balls wide and deep into the backhand. You'll learn from this and get better I'm sure!
For my game, I think I'm going to switch back to DMS Scandal, which is what I was first using when I went to the anti. It's a little more "safe" and also offers a better ability to punch attack those type of balls that I've been struggling against with Storkraft. I might also investigate going back to long pips so I can generate my own spin a bit more. I've been training long enough with the Storkraft now that I feel good about the effort I put in with it. I have two tournaments coming up in March, so I'm hoping for a big bounce back in those.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2023, 23:20 

Blade: SDC Viscaria
FH: Rakza Z EH max
BH: ABS 3 Spinlab Pink Sponge
dwruck wrote:
It's really difficult to play someone who doesn't spin the ball into you when you are using the anti, especially Storkraft. I just played in a tournament this past weekend and got murdered by a bunch of guys that kept feeding me dead balls wide and deep into the backhand. You'll learn from this and get better I'm sure!
For my game, I think I'm going to switch back to DMS Scandal, which is what I was first using when I went to the anti. It's a little more "safe" and also offers a better ability to punch attack those type of balls that I've been struggling against with Storkraft. I might also investigate going back to long pips so I can generate my own spin a bit more. I've been training long enough with the Storkraft now that I feel good about the effort I put in with it. I have two tournaments coming up in March, so I'm hoping for a big bounce back in those.
I've lost some matches this season against the same type of players. Twiddling or pivot and attacking is the only option. But very difficult.

I'm experimenting with Killer because you can be a lot more active with it and it's still disruptive.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn moto g22 met Tapatalk

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2023, 00:44 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

I'm learning to twiddle but right now it's "baby steps" for me when it comes to that. Perhaps the most difficult thing is remembering that's an option during game play right now. I just need to make a point of consciously thinking about it during practice games, I think.

I actually thought about giving Killer a try. My backhand is now much more "normal" of a stroke and my blade is great for blocking/hitting. I've read some of the reviews of the various types of Killer here on the forum. I'd love to hear more about your experience with it. What version you are using and have tried, sponge thickness, blade type and playing style that you think it fits well with.

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2023, 07:14 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
dwruck wrote:
I'm learning to twiddle but right now it's "baby steps" for me when it comes to that. Perhaps the most difficult thing is remembering that's an option during game play right now. I just need to make a point of consciously thinking about it during practice games, I think.

I actually thought about giving Killer a try. My backhand is now much more "normal" of a stroke and my blade is great for blocking/hitting. I've read some of the reviews of the various types of Killer here on the forum. I'd love to hear more about your experience with it. What version you are using and have tried, sponge thickness, blade type and playing style that you think it fits well with.
I

am thinking and testing the same. I found ordinary Killer or Killer Extreme to be best (1.5 mm). But they do not work on Matador Texa. Much better on my Stiga Clipper Classic (ok o. stiga Allround Evolution). So you may want to change blade if you are leaving the anti. Remember, table tennis is supposed to be fun! If you do not have fun, you are not doing it right :)

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2023, 07:44 

Blade: SDC Viscaria
FH: Rakza Z EH max
BH: ABS 3 Spinlab Pink Sponge
I've been testing killer pro en soft. Why do you think extreme is the best?

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2023, 16:22 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Carels wrote:
I've been testing killer pro en soft. Why do you think extreme is the best?

Can't really tell, just the feeling. I liked the pro-version but it is flatter and more difficult. May be better when I am better with the rubber

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2023, 00:41 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

I ordered up a sheet of the Killer Pro in 1.3. Also getting some long pips to try. Right now on one blade I've got Scandal 1.2 and on another I have Hellfire X with 0.5 sponge. I'll wait to get too deep into EJ testing mode until after another tournament at the end of March, as that will likely be my last tournament until the fall.

I love the slowness and reversal of Storkraft. But after playing and training quite a bit with it, I think it's probably not the best fit for me. In a couple of sessions with my robot this week, I like the safety of Scandal as compared to Storkraft, and it still gets very good reversal and slows the ball down. The pips are obviously faster, but so far I've been pretty impressed with how low I can keep blocks with the Hellfire X. Not to mention, the attacking possibilities are much better.

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2023, 08:23 
Unorthodox Batman
Unorthodox Batman

2 seasons in and I’m sticking with the Storkfraft. I’m twiddling much more - it’s essential really in order to be able to mix things up - and my results are way better in Season 2 compared to season 1 back.

I’ve ordered the Wall Carbon to bring some safety to my bh SP when I twiddle. It may not work! But I do think this set up had more potential for me yet.

I might try to film some matches sometime.

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2023, 16:37 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

dwruck wrote:
I ordered up a sheet of the Killer Pro in 1.3. Also getting some long pips to try. Right now on one blade I've got Scandal 1.2 and on another I have Hellfire X with 0.5 sponge. I'll wait to get too deep into EJ testing mode until after another tournament at the end of March, as that will likely be my last tournament until the fall.

I love the slowness and reversal of Storkraft. But after playing and training quite a bit with it, I think it's probably not the best fit for me. In a couple of sessions with my robot this week, I like the safety of Scandal as compared to Storkraft, and it still gets very good reversal and slows the ball down. The pips are obviously faster, but so far I've been pretty impressed with how low I can keep blocks with the Hellfire X. Not to mention, the attacking possibilities are much better.
If you want LP, try Barna Virus 2. Like Hellfire X but a little better (according to Marco Maric, I did not try them both side by side).
https://youtu.be/pDCD2Ay_Eds

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2023, 23:04 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Thanks for the tip! I will look into those, and thanks for the video!

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2023, 21:40 

FH: Tenergy 05 Hard
BH: DMS Scandal 1.2
dwruck wrote:

I also changed back to Scandal from Storkraft. Before this, i have tried "Killer Extreme" and "Spinlord Dornenglanz II" with the sponge of Storkraft. The Killer is to fast for me mainly on passive blocking, but the Spinlord rubber is incredible slow and has some reversal. The only downside is that the control is not so good but could be due to glueing.

Has someone else tried LP with absorbtion sponge?

Last edited by Ycos3d on 02 Mar 2023, 00:33, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2023, 23:14 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

A while ago I messed around with putting a sheet of Grass D Tec S on the Storkraft sponge. I felt like it made the pips more controllable, but I think I also lost some of the reversal. I didn't do a lot of testing with it, so this is my limited opinion.

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2023, 07:35 

I think twiddle is good but not a must if you have good footwork, forehand and spinny serves. Watch Giacomo Moro on YouTube, there are few videos of him but you can see the style. He was 40 italian ladder on his best and he never twiddle. Just have very good serves and forehand.

Follow me on YouTube ;)

https://youtube.com/user/giacomuz10

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2023, 21:12 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
gepi1993 wrote:
I think twiddle is good but not a must if you have good footwork, forehand and spinny serves. Watch Giacomo Moro on YouTube, there are few videos of him but you can see the style. He was 40 italian ladder on his best and he never twiddle. Just have very good serves and forehand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEKhm09vqr0
moro is good m8-what equipment does he use please

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next