OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 18:59

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: 14 Mar 2022, 06:47 

New match! If you like it please, subscribe :)

Follow me on YouTube ;)

https://youtube.com/user/giacomuz10

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2022, 20:38 

Blade: Darker Imperial 2020
FH: Stiga Calibra LT 1.8
BH: Storkraft 1.6 Antispin
I enjoyed watching your posted matches and training gepi1993. Have you ever tried or considered twiddling at times on your backhand? I think it would add a lot of new options for you, and make your game very unpredictable and more difficult for your opponent.

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2022, 20:54 

Blade: Darker Imperial 2020
FH: Stiga Calibra LT 1.8
BH: Storkraft 1.6 Antispin
materialspezialist wrote:
In the USA you can find BARNA ORIGINAL and der-materialspezialist products at our official US dealer:

http://www.tabletennisstore.us

BR
I tried buying from them but they seem to have every Anti you make, with the exception of Storkraft…

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2022, 01:07 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
I purchase Storkraft from tabletennis11.com

Gepi, nice video! Your control with the anti is very good. You also attack very well with it, that was impressive. The way you look to use it as a set up for your forehand is something I am trying to work on. The step around and loop or hit that you do is so valuable.

My only advice is to try to never back up off the table, and if you do, immediately move back up as soon as you can. You had a handful of points where you got forced off the table. The anti is quite ineffective from distance, so instead of staying back, take the first opportunity to move to your default position again.

Well done!!! :clap:

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2022, 19:37 

PushSmasher1 wrote:
I enjoyed watching your posted matches and training gepi1993. Have you ever tried or considered twiddling at times on your backhand? I think it would add a lot of new options for you, and make your game very unpredictable and more difficult for your opponent.

Thank you for feedback pushsmasher! I'm very happy with it. I agree with you and think twiddling would bring me to the next level increasing variety and effectiveness of shots. I'm working hard on it but it's hard becuase before anti i was long pips player so i have weak backhand with inverted rubbers.

Follow me on YouTube ;)

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2022, 19:46 

dwruck wrote:
I purchase Storkraft from tabletennis11.com

Gepi, nice video! Your control with the anti is very good. You also attack very well with it, that was impressive. The way you look to use it as a set up for your forehand is something I am trying to work on. The step around and loop or hit that you do is so valuable.

My only advice is to try to never back up off the table, and if you do, immediately move back up as soon as you can. You had a handful of points where you got forced off the table. The anti is quite ineffective from distance, so instead of staying back, take the first opportunity to move to your default position again.

Well done!!! :clap:

Thank you my friend. I'm really happy you enjoy my videos and about that exhange of views. I 100% agree with you and consider my attacks with anti my stronger shot because is unexpected and a shot you can't train against (in Italy nobody attack with antispin). About the distance.. you are right, is a point i'm working on but sometimes is a Natural instict so i need to train more.

Follow me on YouTube ;)

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2022, 03:10 

New game from champioship match of this weekend :) this time i feel like i played worse than normal, i was really tense because we played for first place in the league and he had more points on me on ladder so i had a mental gap. Don't know how i won that match.

Follow me on YouTube ;)

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2022, 22:02 

New training match :rock:

Follow me on YouTube ;)

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2022, 22:09 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Very well done Gepi! I really liked your movement in this match. You did a great job of getting to balls when he moved you out to the side. But what I thought was even better was how well you did when looking to get your forehand involved. He was good at returning the anti attacks, but you almost always stepped around to use the forehand on those returns, putting yourself in a great position to keep control of the point and it led to a number of points won.

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2022, 20:15 

Thank you my friend! I'm working hard to improve this year and i'm happy you appreciate my game. I want to become the new Luka Mladenovic but it's just a dream :rofl:

dwruck wrote:
Very well done Gepi! I really liked your movement in this match. You did a great job of getting to balls when he moved you out to the side. But what I thought was even better was how well you did when looking to get your forehand involved. He was good at returning the anti attacks, but you almost always stepped around to use the forehand on those returns, putting yourself in a great position to keep control of the point and it led to a number of points won.

Follow me on YouTube ;)

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2022, 02:06 

New video playing against an abs 2 player.
I think it's interesting to see differences from 2 rubbers and shots you can play with.

Follow me on YouTube ;)

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2022, 23:32 
Super User

Blade: Gerry Viscaria Super ZLC
FH: Tuttle G20 President
BH: Slick antispin
I tried a brand new störkraft 0.8mm yesterday with a Barna Triumph. Spin reversal was amazing, even with the Cornilleau 2* balls (usually bad spin reversal with this ball) and against partners who didn't put too much spin when topspinning. Laser arc, very low trajectory and not too fast at all. My only concern is the low weight of my setup (163g, I like it more when it's around 180-200g) and the forehand side which isn't that good for topspin (but amazing for smashing, definitely a good blade for short pips player who loves to play flat shots) Changing blade made a hell of a difference.

Do I need a good fh (and bh because I twiddle) or can I sacrifice everything to put spin reversal at the top ? AHHHHH

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2022, 06:07 

Blade: XVT Hinoki Balsa Carbon
FH: DHS TG3
BH: Bomb Talent ox
Rinforzando wrote:
Do I need a good fh (and bh because I twiddle) or can I sacrifice everything to put spin reversal at the top ? AHHHHH

It really comes down to preference; though IMO you'll need both your FH&BH. Opponents will probably become used to your game if you reverse spin only.

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2022, 21:39 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

The most common strategy that I've run into is for the opponent to start playing safe and giving me dead balls. So yes, you definitely need offense, whether it's twiddling or stepping around to loop. Sometimes you can get points from hitting with the anti too.

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2022, 02:06 

New video from championship match played saturday!

Follow me on YouTube ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next