OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 19:04

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: 20 Dec 2021, 03:26 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
PushSmasher1 wrote:
Has anyone had issues with the top sheet of Storkraft delaminating from the sponge? I have less than 10hrs on my .8, and it is delaminating all along the bottom by the handle.
Yes, I have had that. Use edge tape at the bottom, tape the top sheet to the blade. I do that also with long pimple rubbers.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2021, 19:49 

Blade: Darker Imperial 2020
FH: Stiga Calibra LT 1.8
BH: Storkraft 1.6 Antispin
I was thinking a simple solution would be a dab of crazy glue just along the edge to prevent it from lifting, but then I thought it could look like I’ve tried in some way to alter the rubber. I don’t want my racket disqualified from a tournament for that… :D Same thing has started with the 1.6 on my other racket. Thanks for the suggestion about the edge tape.

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2022, 14:59 

Blade: Joola Vyzaryz Hybrid
FH: Butterfly Dignics 09C 2.1
BH: DMS STÖRKRAFT 0.8
PushSmasher1 wrote:
Has anyone had issues with the top sheet of Storkraft delaminating from the sponge? I have less than 10hrs on my .8, and it is delaminating all along the bottom by the handle.

I have faced significant issues with some of the storkraft rubbers and the top sheets coming off. In fact some of them so bad that they came off as soon as I glued them on . However after speaking with Guido, it appears like this was a particular batch of rubbers that weren’t glued properly. The latest I got was in October and I have been able to make it through multiple tournaments and the rubber has been durable. Hopefully the issues were a thing of the past now :).

Happy new year everyone.

Warm regards
Vinay

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2022, 13:30 

Blade: Donic BC Certran Fibre
FH: Hurrican 3 National
BH: DMS Storkraft 1.2
In US where can I get Störkraft? I do not see usual suspects carry them. My first one I got it from EU. Shipping get expensive

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2022, 13:38 

Blade: Darker Imperial 2020
FH: Stiga Calibra LT 1.8
BH: Storkraft 1.6 Antispin
naruto wrote:
In US where can I get Störkraft? I do not see usual suspects carry them. My first one I got it from EU. Shipping get expensive

I purchase if from Tabletennis11 out of Estonia. Shipping is free if you purchase somewhere around $100 of product at a time. I don't know of anyone that carries it in the States.

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2022, 23:00 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
I also get it from tabletennis11.com. They are very quick with shipping via DHL and as PushSmasher1 said, free shipping if you reach a spending amount. Which is easy to do, given how much stuff costs these days. :lol:

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2022, 01:00 

Blade: Andro Ligna OFF
FH: Spinfire 1.8
BH: Tactics Ox
dwruck wrote:
I also get it from tabletennis11.com. They are very quick with shipping via DHL and as PushSmasher1 said, free shipping if you reach a spending amount. Which is easy to do, given how much stuff costs these days. :lol:

dwruck,are you happier with anti? do you think you are a better player if you use anti rather than pips?

will you get back to using pips?

I assume that if DMS releases a new anti you will be ready to jump on the shopping wagon,right?

or is it part of the fun- the ej experience,I mean ? :)

We miss you when you stop using pips :o

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2022, 05:28 

Blade: DMSP SCOOPER ALL+ / ST
FH: BARNA EXTRA SPIN SPEED
BH: changed every training ):
In the USA you can find BARNA ORIGINAL and der-materialspezialist products at our official US dealer:

www.tabletennisstore.us

BR

http://www.der-materialspezialist.com
https://www.barnaoriginal.com

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2022, 23:24 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Materialspezialist, will you eventually carry Storkraft and more from the Barna line, like the anti?

Sami, good questions. I will admit that in my heart I am an EJ. Not just for table tennis, but also for my other main hobby, golf. It's just fun to try different things. :)

That being said, my motivation to try the new "frictionless" type of anti is not something that I jumped into without giving it thought. I had been using long pips for probably about 20 years. I was continuing to work hard on my technique and skills, but kept dropping ratings. I really thought about my game and the style that best suits me, and determined that was to play a close to the table defense style on the backhand with forehand attack capabilities. I'd been feeling for the year or two prior to the switch that being "disruptive" with defense close to the table with long pips was less and less effective due to the changes in the ball, and while I still could improve my technique a lot with pips, that equipment was perhaps not the best option for what I was trying to do. Seeing how players like Amir were able to get significant disruption close to the table with the anti, I thought I'd give it a try. Unfortunately, with COVID closing down our club and on a personal level being busy with moving into a new house, I didn't have much time to practice with this. But once we got moved into our new house a little over a year ago, and having a table and a robot, I've been able to practice a lot with it, and get lessons as well. I'm at the point now where in practice my technique is much better than it was a year ago, and the next step is to get better at understanding my best combinations in match situations, while continuing to train to strengthen all aspects of my game.

I've tried the Dr Neubauer ABS2 versions, DMS Scandal and Storkraft. I had to change blades, from a defensive blade to the Dr N Matador to now the DMS Deluxe Carbon. I feel like the combination of the Deluxe Carbon and 1.6 mm Storkraft provides me with what suits my preferred style. The ability to defend and slow the game down on the backhand side, get great spin reversal, and also provide me with a forehand that is powerful and can finish points. If DMS comes out with a new anti, I'd probably read reviews and watch videos about it, and if it seems like it might fit my style I would consider trying it. But at this point, I feel good about this set up and I think there is a lot of value in perfecting my technique and playing style with it. My biggest technique issue is still that I have a chop block motion on my backhand from all the years of long pips use, and I'm working to become more "steady". But 20 years of using a style does not get broken quickly.

I won't say that I would never go back to long pips. And being honest, every once in a while I see a new pip that's come out and think that it might be fun to try. But I don't want to mess around with slowing my progress on my anti technique. The journey continues...

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2022, 00:23 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
Very good reply to Sami's questions.I hope your level keeps increasing.It is not easy to make the change to anti.I did try three years ago but had little time to adjust to a higher league and stopped the journey.
Eventually,I discovered I liked pips much more even if they are less effective than flantis for close to the table defense- although this is a debatable topic.

This plastic ball is a harpoon thrusted into the pips heart.They are still bleeding from the ineffificency at the table :lol:

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2022, 01:09 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
dwruck wrote:
Materialspezialist, will you eventually carry Storkraft and more from the Barna line, like the anti?

Sami, good questions. I will admit that in my heart I am an EJ. Not just for table tennis, but also for my other main hobby, golf. It's just fun to try different things. :)

That being said, my motivation to try the new "frictionless" type of anti is not something that I jumped into without giving it thought. I had been using long pips for probably about 20 years. I was continuing to work hard on my technique and skills, but kept dropping ratings. I really thought about my game and the style that best suits me, and determined that was to play a close to the table defense style on the backhand with forehand attack capabilities. I'd been feeling for the year or two prior to the switch that being "disruptive" with defense close to the table with long pips was less and less effective due to the changes in the ball, and while I still could improve my technique a lot with pips, that equipment was perhaps not the best option for what I was trying to do. Seeing how players like Amir were able to get significant disruption close to the table with the anti, I thought I'd give it a try. Unfortunately, with COVID closing down our club and on a personal level being busy with moving into a new house, I didn't have much time to practice with this. But once we got moved into our new house a little over a year ago, and having a table and a robot, I've been able to practice a lot with it, and get lessons as well. I'm at the point now where in practice my technique is much better than it was a year ago, and the next step is to get better at understanding my best combinations in match situations, while continuing to train to strengthen all aspects of my game.

I've tried the Dr Neubauer ABS2 versions, DMS Scandal and Storkraft. I had to change blades, from a defensive blade to the Dr N Matador to now the DMS Deluxe Carbon. I feel like the combination of the Deluxe Carbon and 1.6 mm Storkraft provides me with what suits my preferred style. The ability to defend and slow the game down on the backhand side, get great spin reversal, and also provide me with a forehand that is powerful and can finish points. If DMS comes out with a new anti, I'd probably read reviews and watch videos about it, and if it seems like it might fit my style I would consider trying it. But at this point, I feel good about this set up and I think there is a lot of value in perfecting my technique and playing style with it. My biggest technique issue is still that I have a chop block motion on my backhand from all the years of long pips use, and I'm working to become more "steady". But 20 years of using a style does not get broken quickly.

I won't say that I would never go back to long pips. And being honest, every once in a while I see a new pip that's come out and think that it might be fun to try. But I don't want to mess around with slowing my progress on my anti technique. The journey continues...

Great post and best of luck.
Have your ratings gone up with the new combination and are you beating players that you used to lose to.
I think a few people use that combo you have so it must be decent.

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2022, 05:12 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Of the guys I play with most often in my basement, who I've known for years, they've told me that the anti is tougher to play against than the long pips. From a tournament perspective, the jury is still out. The amount of sanctioned tournaments is significantly less than we used to have in my region, so I've only done maybe 3 with the anti, and I think only one of those was with the Storkraft. My rating really hasn't seen much of a change, but I can definitely see the potential. To me, it's a good sign that I can play at least at the same level I was at with pips already, and I've identified a number of areas where I can still improve significantly so that my level does go up. With the pips, I felt like I'd hit a ceiling.

I need to start playing more matches to lessen the disconnect between how I'm doing in training vs how rusty my match play is. My coach has got me doing more random play drills when we get together, which is helping.

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2022, 07:41 

Blade: Donic BC Certran Fibre
FH: Hurrican 3 National
BH: DMS Storkraft 1.2
Last weekend I played a Tournament & pretty good success. Rating improved and I punched above my level. However I had trouble against a Grass D tech BH player. I was so confused with the disruption effect it generated even when I did a push from anti or fast serve from anti. Maybe I was tired after many tight games and was my 8th match.

But I really enjoyed playing and seeing the effect on regular inverted users. I am long way from use the effects well and being more aggressive with Anti.

I do have both 0.8 and 1.6 setup. I felt 0.8 I need lot more practice and adjustment in my stance and style to keep on table when I practiced. May be will try it in a league game. 1.6 mm I felt is very slow, It really takes some big mishits to get it out of the table. I do have one player - way above my rating who had only trouble playing on scandal as it was way slow and it took him of rhythm. I want to try this against him in the league.

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2022, 23:02 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Congratulations naruto, I always find it encouraging when I have some initial success with something new. It feels like you've just scratched the surface of the potential of the rubber.

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2022, 07:06 

Hi,

i made a video using storkraft 1.2 mm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty4dOPgKdh0

This isnt my best match but i hope you will appreciate it.

If you like the video please subscribe to my channel so i will post more!

Thanks for help!

Follow me on YouTube ;)

https://youtube.com/user/giacomuz10

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 20  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!